how can you tell DK burst is coming?

90 Night Elf Priest
I need help trying to figure out when the bursts of different classes are coming so I know when to use key abilities and to possibly trinket so I can keep healing.

For some classes, like ret pallies and hunters, the burst is obvious. They have wings.. they turn big and red.. etc etc..

But for DKs (of both speccs), what kind of visual cues can I use? Are there any sound effects I should look for? I really have no clue when a DK is about to pop his burst CDs. Thanks for the help!
Edited by Karmira on 5/24/2013 7:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Unholy is much easier to tell than frost, ghoul gets huge and gargoyle comes out. Frost is definitely difficult to tell..your best bet honestly is to monitor their buffs. Trinket and pillar of frost are up it's about to hurt.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It's been one minute and you were just gripped and strangulated.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It's more of a feel, when you see your attacks proc'ing at the same time over and over again, that's your burst.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Priests have had & most commonly have a problem with NS (( http://www.wowhead.com/spell=73975/necrotic-strike ))

Never sit still to Face Tank a DK. I'm sure there is an addon that will aid your eye on watching such from stacking. NS is & always has been brutal to a Priest.

Just adding to the thread
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
for uh their burst comes when gargoyle comes out. try your best to shackle it if you can as it significantly reduces the amount of burst they do in that window, but if you can't shackle it dont waste your time shackling while hes stacking necros on you and you're falling behind. for frost it's basically whenever they pop pillar of frost which is every minute, usually when you've been stranged or asphyxd.

for warriors generally when you're dipping moderately low and you used your trinket on a shockwave is when they'll pop their burst. next shockwave you have no trinket so then comes reck/banner/avatar

rogues is pretty easy to tell, basically whenever they open on you they're bursting with dance. or if you get a fat six second kidney with not trinket

generally any class/spec is going to pop their burst when you've dipped moderately low (~75%) and your trinket isnt up
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/gladiatorlossa
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]