How to Find An Unborn Val'kyr

100 Draenei Shaman
I just wrote this post on Wowhead after finally capturing my Val'kyr. I think it might help. If anyone tries it and it works, let me know and spread the knowledge!

After compiling all of the information I've read over the past couple of days, I think I've figured out the best strategy for finding an Unborn Val'kyr. I started out flying between all of the spawn points repeatedly, switched to camping a few times, but the one thing that was effective for me was this:

1. Park 3 of your toons at each of the 3 spawn points in a particular zone. (I put 3 of my toons at each point in Borean Tundra.)
2. Cycle between the 3 toons until one spawns. A friend of mine caught one exactly on the hour at the Northern Borean tundra spawn point. So I decided to check on the hour as well. At 4am I checked all 3 spawn points and there was a Val'kyr up at one of them. The point it chooses to spawn at out of the 3 is completely random. It CAN be the same one twice in a row. Or it may not be.

It can possibly be deduced that every hour, on the hour, an Unborn Val'kyr spawns at 1 of the 3 points in each Northrend zone. By having a toon on each spawn point in one zone, you should theoretically be able to capture one within 1 hour.

If you have been spending many hours trying to get a Val'kyr, please try this strategy and see if it works for you. You can also recruit to friends to sit at the spawn points for you if you don't have 3 alts for it or you're on a server where you wouldn't have enough time to swap toons.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I just caught one that spawned right below me at about a quarter til, so 'on the hour' is not accurate.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have been in the same spot waiting for 20+ hours. If you're theory is correct then it is a mathematical impossibility that I haven't seen one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Just caught one north of wyrmrest temple by the path. Killed a kobold trying to test spawning conditions and it spawned. Coincidence? I'm not sure but I got it. Caught at 3:30pm server time.
Reply Quote
Sat for an hour just east of the altar of Rhunok with NPC scan up and ready. People come and go. Few stay a while then log.

BLARE!!!!!

Up pops one.

Heart races, I catch it.

Yay!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Ive tired getting my NPCScan to help me find these buggers and it keeps going off but none are in sight or around. I have already caught one but would like to get another. How did you get your Scanner to work?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Best way to find one, run around like a moron checking every single spawn point spamming this macro until you break all of your keys

/cleartarget
/tar Unborn Val'kyr
/stopmacro [noexists]
/script PlaySound("RaidWarning")
/run RaidNotice_AddMessage(RaidBossEmoteFrame,"Unborn Val'kyr!", ChatTypeInfo["RAID_WARNING"])
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I have been in the same spot waiting for 20+ hours. If you're theory is correct then it is a mathematical impossibility that I haven't seen one.

Apparently you don't know how math works. If there's 3 spawns and it can RANDOMLY spawn at any of the 3 of them it may be you have the worst luck in the world. I would try her suggestion
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
05/26/2013 02:39 PMPosted by Feralocity
If there's 3 spawns and it can RANDOMLY spawn at any of the 3 of them

My understanding was that there's one up TOTAL in Northrend at a time, not one per zone. So the theorized strategy is flawed anyway if it's based on there being one per zone.
Reply Quote
To get NPC scan to work with wild pets, first go to your pet pane an unclick the option to show uncollected pets. As long as they appear in the pet pane they will set off NPC scan.

Second, turn off any pet addons you might have. Some of them can do similar things.

Third, after doing all this delete your cache folder. As long as you still have it in your cache NPC scan can't find it.

I did these, and my NPC scan worked perfectly.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
I just caught one on the Coast of Echos. Here's a few tips:

If you have a toon of high enough level to fly in Northrend on a low pop server, that'll make competition much less of an issue (I did, and I only saw like 2 people over the course of 3 hours or so of searching) . Also doesn't hurt to search late at night or early in the morning.

Use macros with tom-tom to have all the spawn points show up on your map (I believe flying around is much more efficient than camping one spot).

***When you actually find one, be careful!!! Unholy Ascension actually cost me my first chance at the pet. It's hard to catch a pet that is intent on killing itself. When I finally got one, I had used my Qiraji Guardling (S/S breed) to get him low, then stunned him to at least guarantee two opportunities to catch him before he might do his suicide move. Luckily, I only needed one box throw, and he was mine.

Good luck to everyone getting one ;)

P.S. It just occured to me that going to a low pop server won't help you for much longer. Come 5.4, I imagine this will be much harder to get, unless they buff the spawn rates.
Edited by Kamekameha on 9/1/2013 12:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Deàl (#7 post above)

This macro is the bomb. Two days on search and another player, who was bagging the beatch, shared this macro which within five spawn points provided me a target (and immediately after crossing paths with the other player) that turned out to be a blue babe. I can only say thanks for the targeting advice.
Edited by Krïxê on 5/4/2014 6:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Here is how I found mine: I live on Stormrage which is like the highest ally pop server ever, so I did not even bother looking on my server. Went to diff server which is low pop that I had toon who could fly in northrend.

I hit every spawn point, took like a hour using tom tom macros and just a targeting marco. I found 3 total. Never saw anyone else searching for them while I was there and this was at 3pm EST.

None were rare sadly, I just gave in and used a stone.
Edited by Ivikatasha on 5/4/2014 8:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I parked a toon in each spawn location in Sholazar Basin and just bagged my 2nd unborn val'kyr. The time of capture was about 6:09 pm realm time. I can confirm that it didn't spawn at that spot on the hour. I rotated logging out the 3 toons and it only took one rotation. I may just be very lucky but that strategy worked great for me.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Last week I was on my hunter going to pick up a mystery egg from the Oracles and flew off the flight deck to Nearly Headless Jacob, and there was one right there and I got a blue first try.

After watching a few videosbefore I caught her, I thought they must have greatly exagerated the difficulty, but my wife has tried for one almost every day since then and not gotten one.

Too bad you can't box them.
She looks cool, but I don't like her fighting as much as my other undead 25's, she's not a straight foreward dammage/DOT pet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/13/2014 09:41 PMPosted by Bylk
She looks cool, but I don't like her fighting as much as my other undead 25's, she's not a straight foreward dammage/DOT pet.

The beauty of the Valk is that they can be put into Howlbomb teams to up the damage output without actually dying thanks to Haunt. Of course, you can boost the bomb damage by 25% if you don't care about her dying (if you have 3 copies during CT for example).

Basically, not a great PVP pet but you can run one team to knock out all the Fable dailies in 20 minutes or less.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
05/14/2014 11:43 AMPosted by Farabee

Basically, not a great PVP pet but you can run one team to knock out all the Fable dailies in 20 minutes or less.

Thanks for this info.
= )
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I got two.... wasent even lookimg for em. was doing my tamer dailies to lvl an alt.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Put a toon at all the spawn points.I got her in about 4 hours in Howling Fjord.Thank you all for your post.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Just found one after server restart at southwestern spawn point in Crystalsong Forest (18,57)

Had been looking for around 12 hours flying around and checking all spawn points since yesterday

Now I need a stone...
Edited by Yoshikira on 6/3/2014 6:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]