Dungeon Information for Restoration Shaman

48 Draenei Shaman
Hey,
I am trying to get the hang of being a healer in dungeon runs, however I am finding that I am not quite at the level I would like to be.
At this stage I am mainly relying on the Healing Surge and Riptide options for healing and I know how to use the Ancestral Spirit option.
In a recent run the Healing Surge and Riptide healing were not enough to keep my tank alive and I ended up pulling too much aggro with my healing efforts. In the end we all died.
Can someone please take the time to give me a few tips or some advice on how to make the most out of my healer?

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012669/
http://www.icy-veins.com/restoration-shaman-wow-pve-healing-guide
http://lifeingroup5.com/?page_id=3050
Reply Quote
48 Draenei Shaman
Thanks a great site. After trying a few more I've noticed that if the tank is doing his job properly I have no issure healing at all. Only issues when they're pulling too much aggro or not enough.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You'll have many more tools to use the further you level, in particular healing rain in raids.

Often times in dungeons earth shield and a riptide is about enough to keep the tank up, and it can be hard to stay awake.
Reply Quote
For the best guides in video format, check out a guy on YouTube named Mike Preach. I believe his channel is called mikepreachwow. His guides are intended for level 90s though, but they're the best I've seen. Once you get chain heal, tidal waves, healing rain, and greater healing wave, the resto shaman becomes twice as much fun as it is at your current level, and much more effective. Part of the problem is that at level 34, there are just so few actual healing abilities.

I'm not sure if you're a new player, or just new to the shaman. I'll just assume you're a new player for now. If so, welcome aboard. If not, some of this may be obvious, but I'll go over it just in case.

Be sure to use water shield on yourself and earth shield on the tank, apply your earthliving weapon imbue for extra healing, and use your healing stream totem for even more passive healing. When the tank pulls a bunch of enemies, if he already has a riptide on him beforehand, you may get aggro. If you wait a second or two before applying any direct heals, he should be able to get enough aggro so that you won't get any enemies on you. I usually wait for the tank to do a big aoe ability before I apply any significant heals, that way I know all the mobs will be on him and not me. Just keep a close eye on him if you're going to delay heals like that, because some tanks can drop pretty quickly that way. Also be sure to use purify spirit to dispel any harmful effects on your teammates when they get them.

I also recommend using some really nifty addons like Classtimer (used for tracking the durations of important buffs and debuffs on yourself, your teammates, and your enemies), Decursive (used for dispelling debuffs from your teammates faster and more easily), and OmniCC (displays the number of seconds remaining on the cooldown of each ability once it's used, rather than trying to eyeball it based on that clock-like shading that Blizzard uses). I also use Move Anything, which allows me to rearrange action bars, raid/party frames, and anything else to help keep certain things closer together so my eyes aren't bouncing all over the screen. You can get all this stuff from the Curse client.
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Shaman
earth shield
riptide
go make a sandwich
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
earth shield
riptide
go make a sandwich

Rinse and Repeat.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]