Does Blizzard have a plan for PvP in 5.4?

90 Tauren Druid
So I have been thinking a lot lately. I truly appreciate and like the recent changes to PvP. The nerf to pvp power is needed and I enjoy not dying in five second stuns anymore. I really only PvP now, not so hardcore as I did in previous expansions but its the aspect of the game I like. I personally do not raid like I used to. Last time I raided for purpose was in Wrath. I like the normalized item level and the change to resilience. PvP gear in 90% of the cases is better than PvE gear. Here are my thoughts and criticisms:

What are your plans in 5.4? When a new pvp set is available, the item level cap will be increased to roughly 510 in arena and bgs. Meaning, players who PvE will start the season with an advantage over those who PvP. Their gear will already be at 510 across the board, if not higher depending on the actual cap amount. You can't keep the cap at 496 because then what's the point of getting new gear? You can't keep it 496 until 10 weeks into the season when a pvper finally has all the gear. So what's your plan??

PvE gear still can be better where a PvP set bonus is subpar. For instance I have recently been gearing my boomkin. By grabbing shoulders and legs I gain more crit which is not available on the pvp equivalent gear. My four set bonus is not that spectacular for RBGs and the +10% crit to starsurge is huge!

I don't know if it is a bug but the trinkets still have no resilience on them, so besides the trinket to break out of CC, the other trinket is now better to use a PvE one with your pure stat of intellect, agility or strength. This is a huge concern. The pvp power nerf is necessary but not it's more efficient to use a PvE trinket again :(

Also pvp power gems have become a bit useless. Resilience is still arguable about bein useful, for let's say a healer. But the pvp power seems to be subpar to stacking crit mastery or haste. I would appreciate this being addresses somehow. I believe it to be a huge punch in the face to say that PvE players shouldn't feel they need to regem PvP power and resilience everytime they step in arena. I mean, if a pvp player goes into PvE they need to get completely new hear because we are so behind on item level. I think it's fair to say a PvE player should have to actually USE pvp gear to be competitive. They can just start with their PvE gear....

Overall I am pleased with the pvp power change and allowing everyone to have the same base resilience. I'm more or less disappointed with the seemingly unplanned future.

Thank You!
Edited by Desperation on 5/25/2013 5:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
If, even for the first few weeks, it were possible to detect if a piece of gear is "PvP" or "PvE" and only have the PvP ones scale to ilevel 510 - I could see that working well until things have evened out.
Not sure if they have that kind of technology to scale only certain pieces though.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
MOAR DUCT TAPE!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
The new changes to further progress from this last WELFARE pvp patch is in the next patch they will just make "number lock" auto pvp your toon for you. This is the direction wow is headed. Enjoy the welfare patches!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
The new changes to further progress from this last WELFARE pvp patch is in the next patch they will just make "number lock" auto pvp your toon for you. This is the direction wow is headed. Enjoy the welfare patches!

there you are again lolololol
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
05/25/2013 08:12 AMPosted by Kaddaver

there you are again lolololol

This is actually pretty funny now
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Bump
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight

do you not realize your toon is the very definition of "welfare epics" back in TBC? People used to call them that because all you had to do was show up for 10 games a week and you got a free piece.

judging by your 1300 2v2 with 200 games played, you fit in that criteria. There's nothing wrong with that, but don't go slinging around a term that you are indeed reaping the benefits of.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]