UH spec + blood pres

97 Blood Elf Death Knight
I poked-around to find the thread that was supposed to explain why blizz took Sudden Doom procs out of blood pres for UH DKs. Can someone tell me the logic here?

I feel sad because rocking blood pres as UH was treating me quite well.
Reply Quote
Also, please don't post garbage responses such as "Because it was op." I would like to know supporting stats/reasoning from blizz devs, thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
It was very op?
Reply Quote
Or even a link to the post containing the explanation.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Guessing it was a combination of high survivability mixed with SD procs adding to our Shadow Infusion.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
They wanted there to be more drawbacks to unholy sitting in blood presence. Think there was a tweet to that effect at some point, but I'm not going to try to find it because I'm lazy.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
After I've gotten use to it its not as big a blow as I expected. That said....... GC did state he was fine with our other defenses being sub-par BECAUSE we have BP.....

So taking that into account, I think its only fair classes with passive dmg reduction need to take dmg hits with it up until we get a real defensive, cause you know same concept.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Also, please don't post garbage responses such as "Because it was op." I would like to know supporting stats/reasoning from blizz devs, thanks.

But, the reason was that it was too strong.

Okay, not quite.

It's that it wasn't penalising.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Uh... guys have you been playing since 5.3.

We got nerfed... kind of...

With the changes to resilience we all regemed full stats. My dmg 5.2 < My dmg 5.3.

The sudden doom proc basically means in arena you need to glyph shifting pres now. You can even write into your burst macro the switch to unholy pres. Its such a small nerf I really don't see why there is even a post on it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Uh... guys have you been playing since 5.3.

We got nerfed... kind of...

With the changes to resilience we all regemed full stats. My dmg 5.2 < My dmg 5.3.

The sudden doom proc basically means in arena you need to glyph shifting pres now. You can even write into your burst macro the switch to unholy pres. Its such a small nerf I really don't see why there is even a post on it.
it was clearly an appeasement nerf so people would quit !@#$%ing about how unholy would sit in blood presence and keep doing full damage while running conversion.

frost cant do it due to reduced frost strike cost being tied to frost presence makes sitting in blood cripple their damage output by limiting rune regen.

this change gives a somewhat similar drawback for unholy but honestly changes nothing since unholy pressure isnt coming from sudden doom procced death coils.
Reply Quote

Free offensive procs while playing defensive and keeping conversion up?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
There was virtually no trade-off for going blood presence. Frost gets their rune regen gimped hardcore because frost strike costs almost double. Unholy could just chill in there and no biggie. So, instead of actually fixing our survivability, so that we can survive a deep freeze or a kidney shot without blood presence, they just nerfed stuff.

Having to go blood presence is bad design. The specs feel slow and clunky compared to playing in the respective presence. But we need it, since we're paper.
Edited by Milicatwo on 5/27/2013 11:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]