tips for Kanrethad?

90 Blood Elf Warlock
at this point I just don't think I'm good enough to beat him unless I severely outgear it. the farthest I've gotten was about 20 minutes ago, I got up to the 2nd felhunter summoning but by that time I had completely lost focus and had forgotten to refresh the enslave on the pit lord, and it looked like I wasn't going to beat him before enrage

I think my biggest problem is I'm just not doing enough damage. I get the feeling I'm just bad at warlocks, or this 437 trinket is killing me a lot more than I realize
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Use a purification potion when the enrage is about to go off. Make sure to fully cleanse yourself of DoTs first. Everything else is just learning each part of the fight and keeping your head in the game. Gear doesn't matter, though it can help.
Reply Quote
Imps: RoF and FaB Immo/Conflag/Incin spam until dead.

Fel Hounds: Pop CDs, RoF the portal, Chaos bolt then havoc first one, Chaos Bolt second one followed by 2 Conflags and possibly an Incinerate, Chaos Bolt the third and finish it off with Incinerates

Doom Lord: Send pitlord to attack it then use your demonic gateway after pit hits doom lord. The doom lord will attack your pit for the rest of the fight.

Use your Demonic Gateway for the threat debuff as frequently as you can.
Use the pitlord's Fel Flame Breath to remove the DoTs on you.

The above worked for me. I failed at least 50 times but if you keep working at it you'll be more comfortable and it'll seem easier. If you think you need better gear then take a break for a couple days while you gear up. I first tried at 483 but wasn't able to get it until 494. Good luck.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I would recommend getting better equipment before making more attempts. While you can theoretically beat the fight at lower gear levesl it gets easier at higher gear levels. I was coming very close this evening -- under 25% multiple times getting through both fel hunter phases. Had some bad luck with the vortexes landing right on my gateway.

Copy the macros for 1. targeting and charging kanrethad 2. targeting and enslaving pit lord 3. having pit lord breath and remove dots on you 4. having pit lord heal you. 5. dismiss and renslave pitlord. Macros can be found on these forums and elsewhere.

My attempts became much more serious once I began to remember to use shatter as kanrethad began to summon the fel hunters. For me that instance where you are running to the far side, putting down multiple rain of fires, and hitting shatter hasn't been instinctive until tonight. Putting the beat down on the fel hunters is the other challenge because you are using so many abilities in a short period of time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
You don't have much gear. It's been beaten with less, but only by people with a lot more skill than myself.

the farthest I've gotten was about 20 minutes ago, I got up to the 2nd felhunter summoning but by that time I had completely lost focus and had forgotten to refresh the enslave on the pit lord, and it looked like I wasn't going to beat him before enrage

I think my biggest problem is I'm just not doing enough damage. I get the feeling I'm just bad at warlocks, or this 437 trinket is killing me a lot more than I realize

Make it a habit to always refresh enslave while kanthrad summons a doomlord. STAY FOCUSED. Use purification potions, that doubles the enrage timer. The 437 trinket is definitely killing you, but ya know, not much to do about it.

Don't give up. DON'T GIVE UP. If you're not good enough to beat it now, keep trying until you are. You got that bastard.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
if anyone is interested I'll be streaming today's attempts here:

http://www.twitch.tv/MaruKazeryu

I'd appreciate any tips anyone can offer :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo close! D:

I was just shaking too much and completely lost control at like 2 million left...
Reply Quote
91647516778:
I was just shaking too much and completely lost control at like 2 million left...

lol I know I had this guy at sub 4% atleast half a dozen times and fell apart. I ahad to keep telling myself to keep with the mechanics... And thats how I beat him.. Dont worry about his life, it will go down. Just react to what hes doing.
I beat him at 494 Ilvl I think it was so you'll get it!

I didnt read all of the above posts, but ill just give me few tips anyways.

- When the imps start to summon, I ran right up to the portal, had the pit lord line right up behind me. RoF, Stun, Pitlord fire, FnB, Immolate, conf and they should be dead

- I used my portal on CD dropping threat.

- When the Hounds are getting summoned, LoS the Pit lord behind one of the pillars that are next to/behind the portal and run to the other side of the portal(or use your portal to get over) This drops threat on Kan who goes after your pitlord, and the hounds dont give him a look you can Havoc and CB 2 down then blow the other one up as fast as you can.

-Purification potion when you can anytime after about half way through the fight, as long as your dots are clear.

-Re enslave on doomlord summons

-Stay with the mechanics!!! Dont change things up, dont get over excited... stay calm.. Youll get it!

Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
A few tips I have are:
1. Bring a purification potion. Use it right as the enrage curse is about to go off. It will give you another 7 minutes to do the fight :D
2. Choose Grimoire of sacrifice on your imp. By doing this your command demon spell becomes an additional cleanse magic for you. It's on an 8 second CD, and makes like much easier.
3. Take the talent Unbound Will, so you can have another magic/debuff cleanse.
4. Take Sacificial Pact. Use Sacrificial Pact, and Twilight Ward to absorb chaos bolts if you somehow get aggro on the boss.
5. Place Demonic Gateways, and use them every 15 seconds. If you do this correctly the boss will never have aggro on you. The boss will stay aggro'd to the Pit Lord.
6. Set focus on the boss, and make a macro so the pit lord will attack will still attack the boss while you are attacking things like the felhunters.
7. While the Fel Hunters are getting ready to spawn move the Pit Lord to the side, and pop soul shatter. It will drop your aggro on the boss, and the boss should start attacking your pit lord giving you time to get aggro on the fel hunters. Once you get aggro on them click your "pet attack focus" macro. This way the pit lord will keep attacking the boss, and you won't have to worry about getting aggro on the boss.
8. For Doom hunters there are a couple of ways to deal with them. One is just banish the first one, and keep fearing the second one. The other way is to target each one, and then use your pit lords fel breath. If you are continuously using your gateways the Pit Lord will always have aggro on them.

Other than that I'd say try bringing a flask, or two. Bring food, and bring an int potion to use as a prepot.

Good luck with fight, and I hope you get it.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8jZcA2GUWo

follow what he does, best strat I've seen and he breaks it down in slow motion.

It took me about 5 tries after watching and learning this strat.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
91647516778:
soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo close! D:

At that point there's no more Fel Hound or Fel Demon phases and just Imp Phases left. Just cast RoF on them, drop aggro with gateway or soulshatter, then just spam Shadowburn.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
The problem it seems is that you just loose focus an get overwhelemend all i can say is keep calm collected an focus dont let it get to you, just stay on objective an focus an you will evantually get it down.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]