Exploiting how Weak Pets are in Arena!

90 Orc Hunter
Pretty annoying how any decent team above 2200 will just pull and root your pet behind LOS and kill it almost instantly when against any BM hunter team. It's a very poor design and any arena game against a BM hunter shouldn't be about killing his pet and stopping pet Resurrection.

Currently our pets have sub 300k HP and they also take a lot more damage than they should be taking if they do in fact get 100% of our resilience. Also not that we should have to use deterrence to get a pet rez off pretty much every kick in the game can be used against us while in deter so it's almost impossible to get our pet back up.

Another valid point is why is a Warlocks gateway a shorter cast than our pet rez is?

Please buff pet survival some way or buff our pet rez even further.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It's not hard to get a pet res off. Gateway has nothing to do with pet res. Pet killing has been around for the longest time, ntm no offense but that's how the 2200 bracket players play.

...ntm you get 5 instant pet resses via stable. If your pets are dying 5 times, I don't know what to tell you or your healer who is obviously afk.

had to put this in here before someone else does: lol bm hunter complaining
Edited by Evbointh on 5/24/2013 2:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's not hard to get a pet res off. Gateway has nothing to do with pet res. Pet killing has been around for the longest time, ntm no offense but that's how the 2200 bracket players play.

...ntm you get 5 instant pet resses via stable. If your pets are dying 5 times, I don't know what to tell you or your healer who is obviously afk.

THought they said they were "fixing" the pet abandon thing
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Yea they did fix the abandon thing that was the only thing that made it alright in 5.1 and 5.2
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Since they fixed the pet abandoning, i wish they'd buff pet survivablity a bit.
Not asking for them to be invincible juggernauts, but, at least let them have the same health as us. hell, extend it to dk's and warlocks etc too, but it's really dumb that my pet is essentially a player in greens in terms of health.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
if your pet is getting stomped by players, put it on passive instead of sending it LoS and to its death....? Just a thought.

Glyph the undying rage for bestial wrath (Pet is immune to death for the duration) if anything.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
if your pet is getting stomped by players, put it on passive instead of sending it LoS and to its death....? Just a thought.

Glyph the undying rage for bestial wrath (Pet is immune to death for the duration) if anything.

The other day in 2s my pet was being 3-4 shotted by a frost mage. They are pathetically weak. Yes I just cast rez pet again and over and over and over every damn time they kill it...but as BM and our pets being vital to our dps...they are paper dolls.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
you sir are a fool.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
even as marks in 3s even at 1900-2k i have to rez my crane 2-3 times a game. i swear the first thing targeted is pet..... its so weak that ive seen healers solo it lol.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Probably going to have to use cunning spec for "cornered" and the damn glyph of Endless Wrath.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I miss the days when our pets were not burst down in the opener by a warlock or mage who don't even have to blow a CD to do so. My pet shouldn't have to pillar hump in an arena in order to survive, he should be on target being able to dish out damage as intended and my healer shouldn't have to be healing the pet more than his teammates either. Bad design.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
ill be 100% behind a pet survivability buff once BM is toned down - the only way to beat them for some comps is to kill pet.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I make my healer pop pain suppression on my pet :)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
91640520760:
ill be 100% behind a pet survivability buff once BM is toned down - the only way to beat them for some comps is to kill pet.

BM has been toned down every patch so far this expansion. Right now, we have no burst outside of a CD best used defensively, and said cooldown has "wind up" time in that burst (the burst comes in from the machine gun Arcane Shot+Cobra Strike procs more so than the 1 Kill Command every 6 seconds).

BM specific CC has been gutted, every single piece of CC a BM hunter can bring that is spec specific is "weak" when you compare the duration/effect/CD to other similar abilities. Non-BM specific pet CC all around is this way with the exception of Snatch.

BM then lost a spec specific CC because it was placed on Tier 30 to rot, even GC said he doesn't expect many to take Intimidation now.

On top of that, pet uptime took a nose dive when they removed the CC immunity from the pet way back in 5.1.

Seriously, if you still have issues with BM, L2P.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
88905091533:
Pretty annoying how any decent team above 2200

Deal with it.

Or play at a lower rating more to your liking.
Edited by Scrappy on 5/30/2013 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
I was killed by a rogue yesterday in 50/50 tyranical and s13 mal...killed in 4 seconds flat...he did 467,000 damage to me inside of a stun opener.

My pet has half the health of what that rogue did in 4 seconds....simple math dictates he could kill any pet in 2 seconds.

Pets need a survivability buff bottom line....the easiest strat to kill a BM hunter should not be kill his pet.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
05/30/2013 12:20 PMPosted by Verdash

BM has been toned down every patch so far this expansion. Right now, we have no burst outside of a CD best used defensively, and said cooldown has "wind up" time in that burst (the burst comes in from the machine gun Arcane Shot+Cobra Strike procs more so than the 1 Kill Command every 6 seconds).

BM specific CC has been gutted, every single piece of CC a BM hunter can bring that is spec specific is "weak" when you compare the duration/effect/CD to other similar abilities. Non-BM specific pet CC all around is this way with the exception of Snatch.

BM then lost a spec specific CC because it was placed on Tier 30 to rot, even GC said he doesn't expect many to take Intimidation now.

On top of that, pet uptime took a nose dive when they removed the CC immunity from the pet way back in 5.1.

Seriously, if you still have issues with BM, L2P.

You are too stupid to insult.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
You know what I wanna see happen, Put this thing in the game a buff that will make people not wanna kill our pets like "If you kill a hunters pets, we will get an enrage buff for 1min by 100%" then if someone kills it you are just stupid, and now you all gonna say "hunters dont need that, lol, what a noob hunter, learn to play" all I can say is !@#$ just cause you play an op class and dont play hunter makes you dont know a %^-*, I know it is kinda hard, and stampede is nerfed as !@#$! make this happen blizzard! buff our main pet!
Edited by Miléy on 8/26/2013 9:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter

Evidence of someone who doesn't know how hunters work.

Trust me, if that actually worked, I would join you in laughing at any hunter complaining about pet death (assuming it isn't overtly excessive anyways).

Edit:.....ggrrrrr
stupid necro....
Edited by Verdash on 8/26/2013 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

this
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]