Healer with fun offspecs?

90 Night Elf Druid
looking to make a new healer i have played majority of them if not all of them to certain extents 40-90 at the least. Just moved servers and don't have the money to xfer all my toons so im just remaking them. I can't decide which class to make first i am going to offspec healing for later levels since i already know how to heal but i can't decide out of all the healing classes which is the most fun offspec.

Priest- Disc/Holy for healing then you got shadow for offspec dps
Shaman- resto for healing; going ele for offspec
Druid- rest, Balance for offspec
Monk- mistweaver, whatever their dps spec is

already have a holy pally that i am lvling up which is 51. Currently have a 90 resto druid, had a 90 holy pally in cata, 80 resto shaman ( on a diff server ). SO which out of these classes has the FUNNEST offspec that i chose in YOUR OPINION? i never played none of their offspecs so i really don't know what is worth while playing when it comes to questing. I am most interested in monk/priest since those are the 2 classes i haven't gotten apst 50 yet but open to all choices. in the end i will have all of them but i am only looking to lvl 1 atm.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Honestly, if you have most of the classes, I would just recommend picking up dual spec and playing around to see which offspec you like best. Only you can decide what you find the most fun.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Balance is boring. I found ele shaman the most fun of the four you listed. A Windwalker monk is fairly fun, but not as fun as their tanking off-spec (Brewmaster).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i really don't have all of them i only have a holy pally the other 2 are on a different server and faction. since you say balance is boring seems like i will roll shaman for now. I did make a balance/resto druid earlier today but i will just let it sit and lvl that one next i guess
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Balance and Ele are the worst specs in the universe. Sloooooow nuuuuke spaaaam. Windwalker is a close third, with almost no redeeming virtues except that one of its abilities is really fun in PvP.

Ret isn't terrible if you like melee. Enh is actually pretty fun solo even if you don't normally like melee, but I think it's kind of a pain in a raid.

Some people find Feral tolerable, but I think it's mostly the cat form.

Shadow is the only healer offspec that I think is actually a good spec without the 'for a hybrid' qualifier. It's still a less-cool version of Affliction, though.
Edited by Kaels on 5/24/2013 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Balance is boring. I found ele shaman the most fun of the four you listed. A Windwalker monk is fairly fun, but not as fun as their tanking off-spec (Brewmaster).

I hatedddd leveling as balance, was horrible. Was easier to just go feral since int converts to agility. I found it easier to level my disc priests and disc and quests over balance :p
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I am Disc/Holy. Disc is good for Solo stuff and Group content. I hear holy is good with the angry chakra (which I never use and can't remember the name of).

Shadow seems to be in a pretty cool place but I like healing too much to go out of my way to learn it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman

Elemental is simple mechanics-wise. Maintain Flame Shock, Lava Burst and Elemental Blast on CD, Earth Shock at 6-7 charges of Lightning Shield, Lightning Bolt as filler. It's simple to learn, and you'll have more than enough DPS for dailies, questing, leveling, scenarios, and world bosses.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Windwalker is a close third, with almost no redeeming virtues except that one of its abilities is really fun in PvP.

You are completely insane. WW dps is absolutely one of the most fun specs in the game. It is completely different than any other spec.

We completely disagree there. I would wholeheartedly suggest to try out MW/WW. I don't have a third spec so I've never tried brewmaster and I would never spec out of WW.

Also, feral is really fun! Cat4lyfe.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Monks are fun as hell to play (Have not been DPS before though, I do just as good DPS in both Brewmaster and Mistweaver), but I also have a priest 90, and Holy is just fun. But I would recommend a Disc Priest myself.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Balance is one of the best leveling specs in the game. If people would only realize you're supposed to pull 10 things at once, not 1.

It's also a fantastic raiding spec once you have gear.
Edited by Eleäzaras on 5/26/2013 3:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
WW and Brm are a blast! I just created my MW spec and haven't geared it fully yet, so I can't say anything about the healing part.
Reply Quote
81 Gnome Death Knight
WW and Brm are a blast! I just created my MW spec and haven't geared it fully yet, so I can't say anything about the healing part.

I've found MW really fun. You get to watch pale green misty clouds zoom everywhere, set up a bunch of RM for some raid wide damage, then pound your uplift key and watch all the pretty green numbers.

That you can do pretty decent dps as a healer is fun too. A friend of mine after playing with me said that MW is one of two Monk dps specs. :)

Honestly I haven't even tried WW. I have a nice set of 476+ agility gear thanks to the new loot specialization from LFR but it's currently just sitting in my bank.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I got bored with Balance pretty quickly in MoP. Used to love it a lot. So even though I don't Kitty very often (I think in the past month I've done one Scenario -- haven't even done dailies lately), I like it a lot. Having to keep up a self-buff, and bleeds, and time procs means it's a nice and active role.

But I do wish I could have the playtime to level up my priest. The Shadow spec was very fun in the bit that I did.
Reply Quote

nuff said.

A spec thats fun to heal on; And a spec that really makes you feel like you're blowing stuff up.

EXCITEMENT.

Have fun !
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Heals and heals.

Hey guys, I'm tired of healing. Let me switch to my... oh.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
It's hard to say which is the MOST fun out of all those healing classes .... but if I had to pick one it would probably be Shadow. It's got the side benefit of having literally the best designed talent tree, since you can choose talents that actually change up your rotation.

Elemental, Balance, and Feral all get a lot more fun at higher gear levels when you have enough haste to feel really powerful.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I've always hated elemenetal but enhance always makes me happy as on offspec. To each their own, but I have tried ret on my holy paladin and shadow on my priest and both are not things I particularly ENJOY leveling or playing on.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Enh is actually pretty fun solo even if you don't normally like melee, but I think it's kind of a pain in a raid.

I haven't played it in a raid -- whenever I check both roles I have about a 100% chance of being assigned to heal. It is a lot of fun for questing/farming though (although I found Vashj rather tough as enhance, but that's just the mechanics of that encounter when soloing, which are very hostile to melee).

At low levels at least, mistweaver doesn't even NEED an offspec -- just kick things in the face while selfhealing your way to near immortality. Might change at higher levels though. I haven't tried windwalker, but then, I'm one of the few players willing to spec tank/heals and put up with the slower farming.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I LOVE my elemental spec. It's actually overtaken my Resto spec as far as my primary focus. Balance can be fun but I prefer shadow over it. I haven't played a windwalker yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]