Mistweaver Or Resto Shaman?

87 Draenei Shaman
For a MS healer OS dpser?

I've heard that shamans are a little weak both in the healing department and dps.

I've heard the same thing about Monks.

Which would you advise to someone for LFR/Normals, especially in terms of being fun to play?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I'm sort of torn on this one because I find both fun for different reasons.

On this one, I have toys. I love my toys- they're fun. I can turn into a wolf, throw water at people (and not get yelled at for it), and almost never seem to run out of mana for some reason.

Now my mistweaver: I leveled her as purely mistweaver- this includes when I was questing. My mistweaver made me wonder why my holy pally didn't play the same way. I think I died a total of two times in the MoP zones on her. The only issue I really had with her- until recently- was I actually had to watch my mana. However, it was nice being able to heal with only 3% mana (instances would bug out on me and keep me in combat the whole time).

They're two completely different play styles. I find them both enjoyable to heal on (that's all I do these days).

My best advice is try out both and them see which one you prefer.
Edited by Jujubiju on 5/27/2013 3:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
MW Monk is the most fun I've had playing this game since Wrath. 3.0.2 Ret pally was the most fun but I digress. If you like melee dps the MW Monk is the way to go. If you like ranged dps a Shaman is an ok option.

I personally think the MW Monk is the only decent class in the game. Its the reason I resubscribed after being gone for over a year.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
MW Monk is the most fun I've had playing this game since Wrath. 3.0.2 Ret pally was the most fun but I digress. If you like melee dps the MW Monk is the way to go. If you like ranged dps a Shaman is an ok option.

I personally think the MW Monk is the only decent class in the game. Its the reason I resubscribed after being gone for over a year.

MW is a healing spec.. at higher levels it most likely won't pull the needed dps for well.. dps.
Reply Quote
Oh man, I had this same exact debate as you did. I have a RSham sitting at level 88 right now, and I had this guy at around 75. Both are great healers in my opinion, but I had to park my Shaman so I could focus on this guy.

Mistweavers are probably the most dynamic and fun healing class in the game. I am a big fan of playing a mobile healer, especially in PvP. Monks are incredibly mobile, while Shamans basically just have Ghost Wolf. I also really enjoy healers with a lot of instant heals, which Monks seem to have more of than Shamans.

Resto Druids also fit my "likes" up above, being the most mobile healer with the most instant heals in the game. However, I dislike the other specs Druids have. You may also want to consider that Monks can perform 3 roles whereas Shamans only 2. Should you ever want to try tanking, a Shaman can't get you there.

I would advise you not to make your decision based on how good each class is doing at the moment, because that changes so often every patch/expansion. If you haven't played a MW yet, I would suggest you roll one and give it a shot.

TL;DR: Mistweaver.
Edited by Wimplo on 5/28/2013 7:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'd say Monk just because you have the option to go Tank spec which I love for solo content.
Whether it's dailies or soloing old Raids it's nice to have that option.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]