LF Tips on Tackling the Disc Nerfs

90 Human Priest
Volios really hit stat allocation on the head here. Your spell selection will influence your gemming and vice versa. The key is either experimentation or a strong knowledge of *how* you want to play and what gemming will get you there due to buffing the spells you find yourself using the most. That's the interesting thing about healing, there is a lot of room (especially with priests these days) to experiment with what suits you the best. Just keep a careful eye on what spells you find yourself using the most and in what situations and think carefully about what buffs those spells.

89192192433:
I just carry a stack or so of every gem I'd conceivably consider putting into my gear, enchants to swap in/out, plenty of tomes and cry like a little girl for the reforge mount all the time.

Terrifying. I just use mastery for both specs. But please nobody copy me because my choices are all terrible and I keep all my spirit so I can PW:S spam due to lack of a clue how to play otherwise.

Just kidding, I discourage people from looking at how I've done things because I have made a really conscious decision to avoid haste in favor of buffing my other stats (mostly mastery) due to the precise role I have the opportunity to put myself in with respect to my own raid group.
Edited by Tsilyi on 5/28/2013 12:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Very good points and interesting discussion on stat weights based on spell usage.

I shy away from using Heal due to its cast time, I noticed Tiriel mentioned Smite might be a good alternative. If I do not prefer Heal would it be okay to use Smite instead? The only issue I could see with this is that Atonement will not heal for the full amount on a single given player, whereas Heal will.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I have a thread about this topic @

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8873917526#3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
89191892797:
Very good points and interesting discussion on stat weights based on spell usage.

I shy away from using Heal due to its cast time, I noticed Tiriel mentioned Smite might be a good alternative. If I do not prefer Heal would it be okay to use Smite instead? The only issue I could see with this is that Atonement will not heal for the full amount on a single given player, whereas Heal will.

I've said before that Heal is really only useful for people to snipe you. I mean, it gives a stack of grace, but who really cares about that? >.>

Smite is fine. Honestly, if someone has taken so little damage that you feel comfortable using Heal, you're probably better off letting a Druid slap a Rejuv on them/Hpal Holy Shock/Riptide, etc.

@Lilleth: I was using Inner Sanctum before it was cool. b^.^d
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
89195692435:
Terrifying. I just use mastery for both specs. But please nobody copy me because my choices are all terrible and I keep all my spirit so I can PW:S spam due to lack of a clue how to play otherwise.

Just kidding, I discourage people from looking at how I've done things because I have made a really conscious decision to avoid haste in favor of buffing my other stats (mostly mastery) due to the precise role I have the opportunity to put myself in with respect to my own raid group.

Well, it just depends on how OCD you are about it I guess. The point made by Amabella earlier in this thread is dead on. You can sit and dwell on stat weights, spell usage, etc. all you want. The impact of those choices pales in comparison to decision making, execution of mechanics and working well with the other healers in your raid/group. This is not to say those stat decisions don't matter. They're just not nearly as important as playing your spec well and handling the mechanics in the encounter well.

If you want to run with a stat priority which works well for both specs it's probably not going to cause a problem. Even if you want to optimize your stats for one spec and run an arguably sub-par stat setup for the other it's not the end of the world. If you're OCD about it and want to min/max both specs... you kind of have to pony up :).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Well TBH i went crit because of top guilds disc's on my server went crit and wol high ranking disc's had crit. There were some mastery people of course there too i just tended to like crit more
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]