Napoleon Total War-Mod

Alright, well I'm gonna download SS 6.3 then 6.4

Is it hard to download? I saw you have to extract files and all that !@#$
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
medieval total war 2 mods are always tricky to install.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
can this laptop run napoleon total war on high settings? or atleast mideviel 2? someone respond please and thank you. http://www.staples.com/All-Laptop-Computers/product_167760_2_-1_10001
Reply Quote
can this laptop run napoleon total war on high settings? or atleast mideviel 2? someone respond please and thank you. http://www.staples.com/All-Laptop-Computers/product_167760_2_-1_10001

I would like to say yes, but don't go off just my word. I'm sure there is someone more knowledgeable here who would know

medieval total war 2 mods are always tricky to install.

I know for 6.4 I need the Kingdoms expansion, does that count for 6.3?
Reply Quote
Ok so I need to download 6.3 parts 1-5 from Gamefront right? Then move all those files to my steam Med 2 mod section?

Apperciate anyone who can answer this
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
should be how it works
Reply Quote
Finally got it! Biggest problem is that it crashes at random during battles
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
yeah those mods are a touch unstable at times, I personally don't feel like waiting for like ever for all the parts to get installed xD
Reply Quote
Yeah it took me about 2 hours in total. I just have to download 6.4 now

The awesome part is they kept the original soundtrack but added some new tunes AND brought all the clips from MTW 1 into it. Loving it so far
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Honestly, the only mod I use for Napoleon: TW is the total factions mod. It's fairly good (there are a couple of nations missing, and a few more that it is nearly impossible to win on because multiple powers declare war on them within a few turns), and it makes for a much more challenging and exciting game world when you're trying to take over the continent with a single, one-building-slot capital city.

One of the nifty things about the small nations is that they're still treated as small by the AI even when they get powerful... so you get no 'respect' even as you start to launch your invasion efforts -- pretty much anyone and everyone is at war with you in short order.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Honestly, the only mod I use for Napoleon: TW is the total factions mod. It's fairly good (there are a couple of nations missing, and a few more that it is nearly impossible to win on because multiple powers declare war on them within a few turns), and it makes for a much more challenging and exciting game world when you're trying to take over the continent with a single, one-building-slot capital city.

One of the nifty things about the small nations is that they're still treated as small by the AI even when they get powerful... so you get no 'respect' even as you start to launch your invasion efforts -- pretty much anyone and everyone is at war with you in short order.

I was reading about that one
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I am a huge buff of the total war series, have been since Rome Total War. I personally love Darthmod for Empire Total War and napolean as well, actually i don't even play the originals without it!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I JUST GOT THE RULE BRITTANIA "lolcaps" add-on for MEII and it keeps crashing on me.
Reply Quote
Westeros total war(GoT mod) is in its Alpha stages so basically all the factions are just recolors based on the houses and you play on a map based on Westeros. Nothing much more to it.

They have been previewing the factions upon release and it sounds like it is going to be a great mod, but I wouldn't suggest playing it until it is released.

SS is always amazing ;)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
i got the mod last kingdoms, a different mod but its amazing, better than rule Britannia.

it takes place in 867, when the great heathen army of ragnar lodbrok lead by ivar the boneless attacked England. Historically mercia,northumbria and east Anglia fell to the Vikings who then established the danelaw, wales and wessex would survive, with Alfred the great ensuring that wessex would survive the Viking horde.

You have wessex,mercia,northumbria and east Anglia for your anglo Saxons.

The celtic nations are Scotland and my personal favorite wales(although they use the default Scottish voices.....so hearing for the highlands as wales is weird.

You have munster and Connacht in ireland

Then Hordalad,denmark and one other Viking faction. The normans are there too as is the Frankish empire.

Then a generic unplayable Viking faction that just attacks settlements randomly. Also at one point I saw a random Magyar stack :D
Edited by Slëdgehammer on 6/13/2013 2:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
i got the mod last kingdoms, a different mod but its amazing, better than rule Britannia.

it takes place in 867, when the great heathen army of ragnar lodbrok lead by ivar the boneless attacked England. Historically mercia,northumbria and east Anglia fell to the Vikings who then established the danelaw, wales and wessex would survive, with Alfred the great ensuring that wessex would survive the Viking horde.

You have wessex,mercia,northumbria and east Anglia for your anglo Saxons.

The celtic nations are Scotland and my personal favorite wales(although they use the default Scottish voices.....so hearing for the highlands as wales is weird.

You have munster and Connacht in ireland

Then Hordalad,denmark and one other Viking faction. The normans are there too as is the Frankish empire.

Then a generic unplayable Viking faction that just attacks settlements randomly. Also at one point I saw a random Magyar stack :D

I lived in East anglia for about 17 years so pretty much any map that allows me to control Peterbrough I'm happy.
Reply Quote
95 Dwarf Rogue
I want my rome 2 now dammit
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior

You should watch the series of Vikings on History Channel. Pretty good

SS is always amazing ;)

I'm still playing Stainless Steel. Absolutely love that mod! Playing Crusader States getting hammered by the Jihad is always fun

I'm thinking about using Darthmod on Empire, any suggestions or better mods? I have a hard time trying to play it as vanilla
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]