How can I be more useful on this fight?

90 Human Priest
So I just went into LFR Iron Qon and did the cooldowns only thing.

32.7k dps, 122.8k hps (not entirely sure what the other healers were doing but oh well, it's LFR).

Zero smites, zero healing from PoH outside of spirit shell, PW:S cast only on the tanks and myself for a speed boost.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Also divine star hits the entire 25man raid for 45k each, twice. That's ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
89192092769:
Also divine star hits the entire 25man raid for 45k each, twice. That's ridiculous.

lol yeah I was about to ask how much of that was divine star. So ridiculously good for 25man stacked fights (which let's face it, is most of lfr)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
It didn't actually do that much of my effective healing because noone was taking much damage. Lots of aegis though.

#1 Aegis 30.5% (the benefits of having 38% crit in raids!)
#2 SS 23.7%
#3 Atonement 12.2%
#4 PoM 9.9%
#5 PW:S 9.0%
#6 Divine Star 7.9%
#7 Solace 4.5%
#8 4set proc 2.3%
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
89191292854:
#8 4set proc 2.3%

Do you think the 4pc is worth equipping over equivalent ilvl pieces crit itemized? I have been going back and forth on this. The 4pc generally does between 2-4% of my healing, which wouldn't be hard to make up with increased DA procs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
If you gave me my choice of heroic thunderforged pieces, I would still use the 4 piece (+1 heroic thunderforged offpiece obviously).

The stat difference isn't enough to overcome the healing provided by the 2 and 4 set bonuses.

Don't forget that the amount you see on recount from the 4 piece is lower than its actual healing as it can crit and proc aegis.
Edited by Amabella on 5/28/2013 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
89192292798:
The 4pc generally does between 2-4% of my healing, which wouldn't be hard to make up with increased DA procs.

You have to also consider the 4pc can crit and leave an Aegis. You'd probably be losing DA by sacrificing the 4pc for more crit off-pieces.

I'm trying something a bit different this week, but usually I have ~33% raid buffed crit and the 4pc crits roughly that often, leaving behind a 150k+ shield when it does. Adds up quite a bit.
Edited by Qùess on 5/28/2013 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Well timed edit and new post.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
89195692847:
Well timed edit and new post.

Rofl, wow.

If I had beaten you to it, I would demand you hand over your Cha-Ye's Essence.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Just did you experiment and I got

Lei Shen LFR

Unflaked/unfooded

#1 Aegis 23.4%
#2 PoM 19.7%
#3 Atonement 16.8%
#4 SS 14.5% (I left it on CD a lot, I could have used it more)
#5 Cascade 9.0%
#6 PW Solace 6.5%
#7 PW Shield 6.1% (Used essentially for rapture only)
#8 PoH 5.8%

I did 89k hps on lei shen this way.

I'm a believer.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
My only question is...how is PoM 20%? I've never really seen it go past 10-12% for me on any fight, and I cast it every 11-14 seconds usually, depending on circumstances.

How is your mana at the end of fights? If you're swimming in mana, use more PW:S. Absorbs should account for nearly 60-70% of your output between DA/SS/PW:S, 6% on PW:S seems pretty low. You admit you could have used SS better so I won't harp on that, but absorption should be your priority.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
That's quite a lot - especially for Lei Shen which has a fair amount of low damage time during transitions.

The other nice thing about healing this way is that those are also all of our most efficient spells so if you're in a situation where mana is tight (say you die early in a fight for some reason), you know exactly what to drop: as many of your filler spells as necessary and just go back to the basic rotation that costs very little mana to maintain but still puts out a lot of healing.

It's also part of the justification for why I favor crit/mastery over haste, and why it's sometimes possible to get away with really low spirit. Haste won't let you get more raptures or use more PoMs/solaces/L90 talents, and has a very small effect on penance (if you're smiting for train of thought to lower the cd). Mostly haste just gets you more time for fillers at the expense of weakening your "good" heals.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
89192193040:
My only question is...how is PoM 20%? I've never really seen it go past 10-12% for me on any fight, and I cast it every 11-14 seconds usually, depending on circumstances.

Read the first page of the thread. I suggested something to practise using all of disc's CD abilities (essentially you are only allowed to use heals that have a cooldown, which means no smiting, using shield only for rapture, and not using PoH outside of SS) - that was the result. I assume PoH was used during the raid damage at the end because it was necessary to keep the group alive (they probably would not have been pleased if they wiped... but hey the experiment was a success!).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I also have my two pc and I was using AA stacks every other PoM off CD, that could be a big bit of it. Also, using it on the tank with a lot of melee, doesn't seem too surprising.

Additionally, it was a huge show of how much rapture actually does return mana back. Wow.
Edited by Naérdriel on 5/28/2013 5:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]