what to gem for in PvP now..?

100 Night Elf Priest
With the nerfing of resil and pvp power, ive heard that it's better to gem for raw stats like int/mastery/spirit/etc

Which combo would be best? I prefer mastery/int as holy since my HOTs can be even stronger when im inevitably CC'ed and my partners are being focus fired.

Anyone have other ideas?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
There are other threads on the forum here on the front page regarding this question.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
" mastery" >>> echo of light does too little to even matter and changes with each different healing spell cast. the only thing it helps with are your direct heals which u don't use much because of the amount of instants u have.

imo if you go holy haste is better u can get faster Globals extra ticks between ticks and if u ever have to use flash heal it wouldn't feel so slow.

and yes u don't gem resil or pvp power. i go with "reckless" for red and "energize" for yellow
"sparkling" for blues + 1 more "sparkling" for my free waist slot. quote: this is what i went with on my priest but u can try other things.

i know people love intel but if u are stacking intel in every slot u might be hurting your other stats and this might not go well with your toon. if you're trying to "optimize" your toon stacking one stat will not get you there.

you get intel from alot of places jade spirit/lightweave embroidory meta gems u can sacrifice some for something else. too much or too little of 1 thing is bad.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
" mastery" >>> echo of light does too little to even matter and changes with each different healing spell cast. the only thing it helps with are your direct heals which u don't use much because of the amount of instants u have.

imo if you go holy haste is better u can get faster Globals extra ticks between ticks and if u ever have to use flash heal it wouldn't feel so slow.

and yes u don't gem resil or pvp power. i go with "reckless" for red and "energize" for yellow
"sparkling" for blues + 1 more "sparkling" for my free waist slot. quote: this is what i went with on my priest but u can try other things.

i know people love intel but if u are stacking intel in every slot u might be hurting your other stats and this might not go well with your toon. if you're trying to "optimize" your toon stacking one stat will not get you there.

you get intel from alot of places jade spirit/lightweave embroidory meta gems u can sacrifice some for something else. too much or too little of 1 thing is bad.

ah.. good point about the mastery. That's a tricky one for me.

My rationale behind mastery is that the number one way I lose a partner in arena is when I am CC'ed and there are no heals on them for 7-9 seconds at a time. During such times, if i manage to cast a POM or holy word serenity before the CC hits me, this is essentially an extra 20-30k healing on top of the renew/lightwell tics. Every little bit counts when you are CC'ed and can't heal for a prolonged period of time.

Your point about haste is quite valid though... Faster renew tics = damage being healed faster, which is a great advantage. I need to test it out somehow but I don't really know how I would carry out the calculations and compare
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]