i guess no one gives a crap about pve on here

31 Draenei Mage
^^ oh we are alright wtfo
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
ment to be on my toon for the flaming
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
where is the backing, just keep takin crap away and not one person has anything to say about it
Reply Quote
67 Orc Shaman
KA
Maybe the silence gives you a clue?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
There isn't much to say that hasn't been said already.

Blizz will not do anything at the moment because they cannot figure out how to balance between PvE and PvP. This goes for almost all classes.

In PvP shadow is very good and brings a lot to the table.

In PvE shadow is middle of the road on some single target fights and can shine in some multi dot fights.

In their eyes this is acceptable.

This is how frost mages were for years. yes they had other viable specs as do we. Just not another DPS one.

You have to accept that on the majority of fights there will be classes that simply destroy you and it only gets worse as they gain gear as well. Movement fights you will not compete. Locks and Mages will roll over you on meters for the majority of fights in ToT.

You say you think that shadow isn't ok but what would you like to see happen with them?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
what is this i dont even
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
ment to be on my toon for the flaming

Do you have anything to complain about that not trivial or derpass? Are you having issues with shadow in PvE? If so, explain your problems cuz other shadow priests are fine.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
what is this i dont even
I think someone's madbro, but with no specific reasoning.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
05/24/2013 11:41 AMPosted by Breathkeeper
what is this i dont even
I think someone's madbro, but with no specific reasoning.

Sometimes it feels good to just be mad.

MAD AS HELL AND HE'S NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE.

...sadly I have no idea what he's angry about. Maybe there was no hummas for his chips?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Blame the fotm pvpers.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I apologize, i was very frustrated, feels like i get nothing but crap taken away every patch. I guess gettin raped by two of my mage guildies last night just was to much. I can't keep up now matter what i try to do. sorry for the poor me post just had to let it out.

*edit*
I realize my gear is crap, but to have someone that is only 4 ilvl higher blasting 40k over me is just frustrating
Edited by Auriand on 5/24/2013 6:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I apologize, i was very frustrated, feels like i get nothing but crap taken away every patch. I guess gettin raped by two of my mage guildies last night just was to much. I can't keep up now matter what i try to do. sorry for the poor me post just had to let it out.

*edit*
I realize my gear is crap, but to have someone that is only 4 ilvl higher blasting 40k over me is just frustrating

Understand but you also have to learn that ilvl is not the only thing that differentiates the classes/specs. Mages are different altogether since they have big bursts and crits. Comparing yourself to another shadow priest is a better cause for QQ.

If you're running around without many targets to DoT, you'll be way lower than a mage. In a stand still fight, DoT all & MS lots, you'll probably pass the mage.

Shadow priests are totally fine in PvE, just know the fights.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

*edit*

Mages cry unless they're #1 by spreading Combustion to everything, so Blizzard has to wipe the tears out of their eyes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
tho i don't understand how comparing myself to another sp would be better cause for qq, i'm ticked that i can't even come close to a similar geared different class. I'm frustrated, i know ya think aw he just a crappy player, ltp, read forums yada yada yada. thats probably all true. ty for not flaming me to horribly last night :) I gonna go do my freakin lfrs and see if i can keep up by out gearin the crap outta them. Its the only solution i can figure out.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
tho i don't understand how comparing myself to another sp would be better cause for qq, i'm ticked that i can't even come close to a similar geared different class. I'm frustrated, i know ya think aw he just a crappy player, ltp, read forums yada yada yada. thats probably all true. ty for not flaming me to horribly last night :) I gonna go do my freakin lfrs and see if i can keep up by out gearin the crap outta them. Its the only solution i can figure out.

You have to compare the same thing. Hence Shadow Vs Shadow. If you are in similar ilevel and ability then your dps should be very similar. The issue with comparing yourself to another class isn't comparing the same thing. Some classes just naturally will do more dps than a shadow priest. There is nothing you can do about this. Given similar gear and ability they will just perform better.

Look up epeenbot.com and take a look at yourself vs other shadow priests. Then look at dpsbot and look at the median average for other classes. You will see that on some fights other classes can be upwards of 40k above other classes. These are numbers pulled off real logs not simulations. This should give you a decent benchmark of where you are in comparison to other people of the same class. Then take into account their gear and 25m vs 10m amongst other things.

For example your latest Jin'rohk kill you placed in the 34% of logged raiding priests in 10m. Now take into account you have a 503 ilevel and that really isn't that bad.

If you want then plug in who you think you should be beating and see where they rank against their own class and see how much higher/lower the median average is for them in comparison to your own class.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]