Val'kyr lore question.

90 Human Paladin
So, I'm a little confused. Are the "Unborn Val'kyr" even lore following in a way? Of course you wouldn't have one as a pet, but beside that, weren't only 9 left after the Lich King died, and I believe 3-4 still alive now? Where do these Unborn Val'kyr come from, or are they not there lore-wise?
Reply Quote
They're just a fun vanity pet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I read somewhere that Northrend and Outland remain in the same timeline as they did in their original expansions. So, if you're in Northrend, everything you do is taking place before the fall of the Lich King.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Warlock
That number only applies to the amount of greater valkyr that are still around. There are more lesser ones still about.

And these unborn valkyrs are probably even lesser than that.
Edited by Seyl on 5/24/2013 12:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Unborn Val'kyr are Val'kyr who haven't reaped a soul yet, if I recall correctly.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/25/2013 09:43 AMPosted by Penniella
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I generally consider most battle pets and vanity items to not exist lorewise/IC. But the "in the past" theory can work too.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I use pets sparingly. I'm a little wierded out when people have their pets out ICly. Even more when people are emoting that their pets are arguing with each other.

Zan will get his flux feline on request, but he's an engineer, so he's showing of a tinker not a ive animal.
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Warlock
I've portayed my battle pets as familars with my various warlock characters... basicly my demon pets polymorphed to look like harmless animals while in cities (where actual demons would be inappropriate for RP purposes). This is mostly the more harmless animals like cats, rats, birds and such... things that make sense to have as a pet/familar

As for the Unborn Val'kyr... haven't seen them yet (haven't been back to Northrend with older characters or gotten there with new ones).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]