Do dks actually suffer sitting in blood pres

90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm curious to find out a death knight's perspective in always sitting in blood presence. It seems that each presence should be limited to the spec, which makes sense if you think about it. The game isn't about skill anymore when a unholy/frost dk can just sit in blood presence and out last all the burst even if his healer is in crowd control for 10-12 seconds. Dks should be punished by having their damage reduced by 20% or not able to use damaging abilities while in blood presence.
Edited by Loser on 5/25/2013 11:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Where did the mean dk touch you?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Shouldnt that apply to hunters as well? Only beastmasters may use pets?
Reply Quote
65 Dwarf Shaman
Hunter complaining about another class...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
How is this complaining rofl a bunch of people just lacking the point.
Reply Quote
61 Blood Elf Death Knight
General discussion -------> that way
Reply Quote
5 Night Elf Druid
You do know they put out much less pressure while sitting in Blood Presence, right?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Where did the mean dk touch you?

And Warriors still sit in Defensive. And DKs still sit in Blood. Hunters will QQ all day now.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Every "tanky" class (including FDKs in BP) need their healers now. You'll start to notice far fewer healers in the clash, and more with the FC. With a healer CCed (not rooted) for 10 to 12 seconds, and a focused Death Knight, that Death Knight is dying.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'm curious to find out a death knight's perspective in always sitting in blood presence. It seems that each presence should be limited to the spec, which makes sense if you think about it. The game isn't about skill anymore when a unholy/frost dk can just sit in blood presence and out last all the burst even if his healer is in crowd control for 10-12 seconds. Dks should be punished by having their damage reduced by 20% or not able to use damaging abilities while in blood presence.

With the drop of 5.3 both frost and unholy take significant damage reductions when in blood presence. Presence swapping is only required because dks lack any strong defensive CDs to prevent insta-gibs (frost especially).

Frost - when in BP frost strikes = 35rp. If you are in frost presence it is 20. Right there full RP bar in BP you get 2 strikes vs 5. Coupled with less RP generation DPS takes a dive.

UH - Due to the recent change you no longer get the procs for deathcoil outside of UH presence.

So while BP doesn't itself directly reduce DPS the loss of effects do.
Reply Quote
Game is also not about skill when you can stack 3-4 class based cc breaks then pop trink. Hunter.
Not sure what you want here bro, you don't get to auto win b/c you're ranged. If other classes can stop your burst, that's what's going to happen.
Personally, I think your class should not be able to use deterrence while disarmed. Warriors don't get die by the sword when disarmed, and they don't have a pet and 3 cc breaks plus trink. So the argument of class balance goes.
Btw if you can't kill a dk, even if he's sitting blood, may I recommend skill capped?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Have you ever considered deleting your toon?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Your toon name is quite apt
Reply Quote
SO LIEK I TRAPED THE HEALZ AND HE TRINKETED... SO MY BUD WAS LIKE WAIT ILL BLIND HIM BRAH AND WE WERE LIKE SWEETZ THIS DK IS DONESIES. THE DK WAS LIEK I DONT DIE BRO BECUZ U SUK AT DPS AND I HAVE SICK DEFENSIVE SKILLZ LIKE CONVERSION. I EVEN PRESSED MY ZOO BUTTON AND ANIMALS DID NOT KILL HIM. WTF BLIZZ I PRESSED LIKE 2 BUTTONS THATS ONE MORE THAN HE DID WHY DIDN'T I WIN!?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Death knights rely on spending runic power to regenerate runes and for some skills. That means less rune skills like obliterate or necrotic strikes over time along with less runic power to spend to fuel the runes.

For frost:
While not in frost pressence, frost strike (the runic power spender) costs double the runic power. They also lose out on bonus runic power generation from frost presence.

For unholy:
Sudden doom (free death coils) does not proc unless they are in unholy pressence. This leads to less ghoul damage and transformations.

Basically we lose out on the number of abilities we use over time while only sitting in blood presence. What some may see though is a death knight using a bunch of skills in a short time thanks to empowered rune weapon (5 minute cd that refreshes all runes). While that is on cd a blood pres dps dks damage goes down.
Edited by Daemonicus on 5/25/2013 3:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
SO LIEK I TRAPED THE HEALZ AND HE TRINKETED... SO MY BUD WAS LIKE WAIT ILL BLIND HIM BRAH AND WE WERE LIKE SWEETZ THIS DK IS DONESIES. THE DK WAS LIEK I DONT DIE BRO BECUZ U SUK AT DPS AND I HAVE SICK DEFENSIVE SKILLZ LIKE CONVERSION. I EVEN PRESSED MY ZOO BUTTON AND ANIMALS DID NOT KILL HIM. WTF BLIZZ I PRESSED LIKE 2 BUTTONS THATS ONE MORE THAN HE DID WHY DIDN'T I WIN!?

i think i like you
Reply Quote
83 Dwarf Death Knight
Keep scrolling this hunter is just a Sore "Loser"
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Does 20% Rune Speed Reduction, Lack of Sudden Death Procs and loss of Movement speed count as punishment?

Or should we talk about our utter lack of defensive cooldowns in DPS specs that force us to sit in blood presence, I imagine DKs who PVP would love a stance that gives them 10% damage boost and 15% damage reduction that they can sit in constantly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
You're a hunter, Therefore you have no right to talk about other classes until Blizzard Fix you.
Edited by Dargonplay on 5/26/2013 3:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
I have to go blood presence with a hunter who pops his pets and wait it out. Then switch back, hunter usually dies quickly after that. Depends on the hunter though, good ones keep me cc'd and kite better than others. Hunters don't stand a chance though if I hit them a few times.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]