Ill never get green fire:(

90 Human Warlock
Im so upset. The final boss requires a certain amount of skill and finesse I just don't have. I've read guides, looked at vids....all that stuff. I've been trying since the quest came out. Im so close to giving up!

I mean, obviously the quest is very doable. Im not saying it's too hard....just to hard for me. I've made it past imps 2 times out of like 60+ tries. I don't know what else to. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

Here are some issues im facing:

1. The biggest problem is that he has me targeted the whole time. I use SS to drop threat but a few seconds later he's back on me again. What do I need to do to make gateway or portal drop threat?

2. Does this guy count as a raid boss? I pvp so obviously my casters hit cap is 5%....mines is 7%. How much hit do I need to not miss him?

Any tips/info would be helpful. Im just about ready to throw in the towel!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Hey, I just got mine last night after about 3 hours of attempts. There are a few key aspects to make the fight work for me.
1. You should make a gateway and be using it on cooldown essentially. This will keep decreasing your aggro to below the pitlord's every time you use it, which will make the chaos bolts non existant if you do it right. They will all hit the pit lord.
2. A problem you will encounter is the fel hunters breaking your enslave on the pit lord. be sure to send him far to one side while boss is channeling fel hunters, and you go to the opposite and burn them down from there. if they look in his direction the enslave will break. and SOUL SHATTER DURING HIS FEL CHANNEL! this will ensure his chaos bolt after will hit the pitlord and not you.
3. Dismiss and re-enslave your pitlord every time he goes to summon doom lords.
4. Keep debuffs in check with pitlord breath.

There are obviously some other details to the fight, but these seemed to be the major issues that if I forgot in the heat of everything, it wound up screwing me over. Keep going and you should get more familiar with the fight. Just make sure to learn from your wipes. Do not make the same mistake twice. Its called progression for a reason. My first hour I barely got to fel hunters. Second hour I was downing fel hunters and losing my enslaves by accident. Third hour was making dumb mistakes because it was 4 am. Then he died! You can do it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Don't give up!

Glyph your gateway or get an attunement stone so you can just waltz on through instead of clicking. I set up a weakauras to tell me EXACTLY when I was losing the gateway debuff and make an obnoxious horn sound. As soon as I heard it, I'd instantly hop through again. Kan hardly ever targeted me when I got that down pat.

Never use soul shatter during the first part of the fight except RIGHT before he summons the fel pups. Why? Because otherwise the pups will come out (rain of fire the gateway so they aggro you) and then Kan will aggro you as well. Make sure you've cleansed all your dots off with the pit breath before doing this so you can fight the pups with ease. Kite them backwards so their backs are to the pit lord at ALL TIMES.

The main thing to get down is the gateway and the pups. Imps are cake when you get it right. What I ended up doing is letting them all come out, using the pit lord's charge on Kan, which stunned the imps. I then used pit breath for double dmg on imps and boss. Rain of fire before this all happens. Pump chaos bolts into boss while he's still stunned and then F&B immolate, RoF, pit breath until they're dead. Keep hopping through the portal every time the debuff wears off.

Purification potion to reset enrage timer when doom is about to finish. Makes it less of a DPS race.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
. Does this guy count as a raid boss? I pvp so obviously my casters hit cap is 5%....mines is 7%. How much hit do I need to not miss him?

The only thing not covered by the other questions. You want 15%

The thing about not having the skill for it is a valid concern. I personally levelled this guy from 85 purely to do the green fire quest. Took me about 10 hours all up, and I loved every second of it. My wife mains a warlock and will without exaggeration be unable to complete the quest till next xpack. She possesses neither the skill nor the determination to get it. That's not necessarily a bad thing though.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Of course you'll get it. In time.

The difficulty of the boss isn't changing.
Your gear is improving.

I'm willing to bet after you upgrade to the next tier of patch it should be much, much easier.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
05/27/2013 05:11 AMPosted by Malfos
. Does this guy count as a raid boss? I pvp so obviously my casters hit cap is 5%....mines is 7%. How much hit do I need to not miss him?

The thing about not having the skill for it is a valid concern. I personally levelled this guy from 85 purely to do the green fire quest. Took me about 10 hours all up, and I loved every second of it. My wife mains a warlock and will without exaggeration be unable to complete the quest till next xpack. She possesses neither the skill nor the determination to get it. That's not necessarily a bad thing though.

The hell? Where do I get 15% hit from? Im in all pvp gear.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock

The hell? Where do I get 15% hit from? Im in all pvp gear.

It'll require gemming/reforging for this. Grabbing a valor piece or two (they're all loaded with hit) certainly wouldn't hurt.

Edit: Even using a Sword + OH (which is better anyway) will give you an extra 1% hit.
Edited by Annorroth on 5/27/2013 8:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
If you've truely read the guides then you would know that gateway is the key for dropping aggro and must be used every cd, also if what you say is true (60+ attempts and only gotten far to imp phase) then you would be smart enough to at least read other reliable guides after failing on 5-10+ attempts.

what I think.
1. You've never really read a reliable guide
2. I don't believe that you have 60+ attempts with it.

also, hit is good but it's not paramount. it's more important to survive the mechanics and suffer a long fight as I have seen people to my surprise to down it with 460 greens and blues.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Don't give up man. Just need to keep at it. I finnaly got green fire today after about 100+ trys.Just resin calm. Keep track of your debuffs. Their is a video by wowisserious on YouTube that was really helpfull to me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
1) Why can't you tank him? He was on me almost 100% both times I completed the scenario. His damage is negligible if you're diligent about cleaning your buffs and you LOS the chaos bolts. The only damage that should ever be putting you in danger is the imp phase, and handled correctly, you get out of that with plenty of health to spare. Especially considering the pit lord's heal and personal CDs.

2) 9% hit is mandatory to make sure that your enslaves don't break early. 15% is obviously better, and should be very doable in your gear with proper reforges and gemming, and even if you're still struggling, it wouldn't be very difficult to pick up some gear from LFR.

But 60 attempts is more than enough to get a general rhythm for the fight. Sounds like your strat sucks more than anything. http://youtu.be/i8jZcA2GUWo
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Go ahead and tank him, but it's WAY easier to just gateway hop. Once I learned how to do that, the fight became 100% easier and I didn't lose dps or my concentration by LoSing every minute or so and running back. If you do it properly, esp before the felhound phase, you NEVER have to worry about chaos bolts and dots won't be on you as much. It's simply easier, especially for an undergeared player.

Plus, I mean...the Pit Lord is there for a reason. Use it!
Edited by Evalain on 5/27/2013 11:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
when you get him 20% RoF on the imps at all times and just spam shadowburn.

I got him down to 20% and lower many times but always messed up because I got too excited, until I finally said f*** it and just put all my frustration on the 5 key ( my shadowburn) it worked! felt like a cheatcode

use dark soul when trying this, also for dramatic effect yell out
"BURN WRETCHES BURN" "BY FIRE BE PURGED"
that just may be the most effective tactic
Edited by Bolîvar on 5/27/2013 1:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]