Why can't we random queue for heroic scenario

90 Human Paladin
They aren't hard and overall feel the same as the old scenario except now you need to not stand in stuff or it really hurts this time. I dislike having to sit in trade all day looking for 1-2 other people to do a 5-10 minute dungeon.

couple this with if you do the random regular scenario first you lose out on the heroic daily. which is really lame.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
If you can't find anyone from your guild to run with you or any pugs on your server maybe it is time to find a new guild or change servers. These new scenario's are designed for pre-made groups using voice chat. To make it work for LFS they would have to nurf them and I sure do not want to see that.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
I think Blizzard vastly overestimated how hard they are, or they've learned their lesson from 4.0 dungeons and are being wary of Heroic Scenarios for the same reason.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If you can't find anyone from your guild to run with you or any pugs on your server maybe it is time to find a new guild or change servers. These new scenario's are designed for pre-made groups using voice chat. To make it work for LFS they would have to nurf them and I sure do not want to see that.

I play at odd hours because of work, sometimes I get lucky with guildies being online but it's not their fault and I love my guild. Also:
I think Blizzard vastly overestimated how hard they are, or they've learned their lesson from 4.0 dungeons and are being wary of Heroic Scenarios for the same reason.

I think you are correct, truthfully from the one's I've done they are incredibly easy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I have completed two of them, I would say they are unforgiving but once you learn the mechanics and if you don't try to rush through them they are doable no matter your groups composition.
Edited by Killberry on 5/26/2013 10:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
05/26/2013 10:26 AMPosted by Killberry
These new scenario's are designed for pre-made groups using voice chat.

This is a total bunk answer. There is nothing in this game that "requires" voice chat. Nor were the designed with voice chat in mind. The only reason is they want to raise the social aspect of the game. Give it a month and they will add Heroic Scenarios to the queue system when they realize what a pain in the !@#$ it is to manually find groups. (ie low pop servers etc etc)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
So are you telling me normal or heroic raids are not designed for voice chat, and I never said it was required. But having voice chat does help a lot when it is the first time most people do one.

If you are upset at Blizzard take it out on them not here, there was no reason for the tone of your post. Yes one of the reasons was to raise the social aspect of the game. If you are on a low pop server I feel for you but still no reason for the attack.
Edited by Killberry on 5/26/2013 10:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I remember a number of people complaining about there being no community, and asking why people only got goodies for random queue, instead of for going in with a group made of players in their realm. Maybe this is blizz testing out how that would work on a small scale, to see if its worth looking into it?

Then they would have to disable the random factor, if they wanted reasonable results because people often choose "faster" over "better" it seem. That's just a theory though.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
They talked about this in the dev interview.

It's the same reason as challenge modes - when you randomly group people together through LFD/LFR, you can't guarantee enough skill to defeat it, so LFD/LFR instances must be very very very incredibly ridiculously easy.

However, when you form your own groups (like with challenge modes/heroic scenarios/heroic raiding) - they can make them hard.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Oz
It's a feeble attempt to have their cake and eat it too.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
So are you telling me normal or heroic raids are not designed for voice chat

Yep, I am saying exactly that. Nowhere does it say "voice chat required", anywhere. I never use voice chat, as it would make no sense for me to use it.

Edit to correct myself, you did not say they were required. If they were "designed" for voice chat, then they did not account for people who can not use voice chat. (you know people who cant hear?)
Edited by Whitéhazé on 5/26/2013 11:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I ran a couple heroic scenarios and I'm pretty sure I could solo them, not to mention normal scenarios can be soloed by any class.

I understand there might be some reasoning behind not matching groups randomly, like total noobs not only dying, but also getting everyone else killed or screwing up achievements, thus leading to nerdrage. But I don't get why can't we just join solo or 2 man them?.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
If they were random, they would need a minimum 500ish ilvl, and oh the whining we would have then.

Also, it is good to encourage community.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8873917438

--look for the blue post
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
so far i've been able to solo 3 of the heroic scenario last bosses after the people whom I pugged with died a horrible death in a fire or by not using an obviously presented mechanics(heroic secrets of ragefire, heroic crypt of forgotten kings and heroic ship battle scenarios) with the bosses at 90%. Unless I've been incredibly unlucky, I'd imagine that an "average player" running these scenarios is incapable of avoiding harmful mechanics without(or even with) heals to not die.

I'd imagine that if literally everyone was allowed to queue for this without any restriction whatsoever, heroic scenarios would be almost impossible for a PUG of 3 random DPS and these forums would be flooded with even more nonsense requesting nerfs.

If you've ever done normal scenarios prior to heroic ones' introduction, you'd know that an average person who queue for these things either AFK, are torrenting and playing in 1000+MS, or just don't give enough !@#$s to be half decent at the game.

Also worth mentioning that pretty much everyone whom I've seen trying to PUG these heroic scenarios tries to get a tank and healer(a pure healer spec at least, not even a hybrid).
Edited by Marumii on 5/26/2013 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
All I can say is this. If you run a raid or a Heroic Scenario with me and you cannot hear, I would use the Dragon Naturally Speaking program I bought for the times when voice chat is not an option.

I have no way of knowing what the other person on the other end of a toon is capable or incapable of, but i will always try to make adjustments if possible.
Reply Quote
2 Orc Rogue
05/26/2013 11:39 AMPosted by Choma
I ran a couple heroic scenarios and I'm pretty sure I could solo them, not to mention normal scenarios can be soloed by any class.

This. Soloed the last boss on crypt of forgotten kings on my ret pally from 80% yesterday. They really are not hard, just a few added mechanics and increased hit points is all.

And lawl at the poster who said they were designed for voicechat. Give me a break.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Give it a month and they will add Heroic Scenarios to the queue system when they realize what a pain in the !@#$ it is to manually find groups. (ie low pop servers etc etc)

You mean the same way they put Challenge Modes in the LFD options? /end sarcasm

I really WISH they'd implement LFD/LFS for CMs and heroic scenarios. I have a lot of trouble, even on a high-pop server, getting accepted into/finding groups to run that content.

It's kind of like Blizz just automatically assumes that everyone who uses the LFM options has NO interest WHATSOEVER in needing to take an extra minute at the start to put a little bit of planning into what they're doing. Personally I have no problem with that whatsoever.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Just get the oQueue addon, hit "find mesh" go to the scenerio side, and request a invite from the many people who form them on it, its practically the exact same thing as randomq queing, except its done through Bnet
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Whitehaze, if you don't have access to voice chat, content becomes harder. You can do whatever you want, but having voice chat can [and will] make content SO much easier because of the availability of almost instantaneous communication, versus typing something into a chatbox.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]