Blizz TY for Kanredthad

90 Blood Elf Warlock
Title pretty much says it all, thank you so much from adding this boss in, it put me back in the game.

I just got the green fire minutes ago and i have to say i loved every moment of it.
The difficulty of the fight is what made it incredibly enjoyable, even before defeating him i was going to post a thank you thread just didnt get around to it. Nice to have something in the game that wasnt given and was actually a challenge.

To those that are calling for nerfs, i dont blame you the fight can be incredibly frustrating at times but trust me thats what makes the achievement great. Dont lose hope, just look at the toon i did it with, i just turned 90 a a couple days ago, if you set smalls goals and learn from every death you will be able to get your green fire too!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Yeah...it's a fun, very rewarding, fight. I wish that every single class had a challenge like we had this expansion. It really was the most rewarding moment in all of my wow history.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

I just got the green fire minutes ago and i have to say i loved every moment of it.
The difficulty of the fight is what made it incredibly enjoyable

lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
agreed, and i know it sounds weird to say that the more difficult the more enjoyable it is, but i think its the truth
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I 100% agree. Working for the green fire kept me very absorbed and entertained for about 5 days, which I might have otherwise spent being bored or leveling my monk. I really enjoyed the fight, especially when I would make small steps toward beating it until it all came together in the end. I didn't even mind grinding up some better gear (I had just hit 90) in LFR and hrcs to ease some of the pressure on myself, whereas I normally find grinding PvE gear to be a pain.

Thanks Blizz. I hope there will be challenging questlines with cosmetic rewards for all classes soon. I'd love something to do on my other characters.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Congratulations on getting it. I had hand surgery on the 14th and haven't tried since about the 10th or so. Once I'm healed I will be returning to the grind, but even when I get it I will still feel that it is entirely too hard and firmly believe that in the future if Blizzard intends to create content that is realistic only for advanced players that they should offer said content to only those players through heroic dungeons or some other mechanism. A lot of advanced players have made the claim that casual lesser skilled players want everything handed to them but I disagree. I believe that if this quest had been offered as a heroic dungeon drop then there would be little to no complaints. People don't miss what they never had interest in. But to offer the quest to all and then tune it to the point that it is achievable only by a minority is quite unfair as all players pay the same amount of money and without those masses of average to low skill players this game would not exist. All players, not just the skilled have been asking for green fire for a very long time. Other classes enjoy cosmetic changes without going through anything for them and one man's enjoyment is another's agony. Just me thinks.. Again, Congratulations to all who complete.
Edited by Ilsewitch on 5/27/2013 7:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I haven't tried getting green flame yet, as I am lv 80 but I don't think it should be even a moderate challenge. I hope it is hard, and near impossible but do-able. I'm not the best, but it is supposed to be a challenge. People can keep trying it, but playing to get better is a different story. They will just have to practice. Or if not, red flame isn't going to be any disadvantage :)

Through questing, not once have I ever had trouble killing something at my level or 2 above.. I've waited for a 1v1 NPC that will be a challenge. I cannot wait.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I HATE him, (IMO) not fun at all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
A casual player -can- complete this quest; it's not impossible. I've seen many-a-warlock talk about being casual or alt-status or not very good and doing the quest just fine after getting the mechanics down.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: It's not just about the green fire.

This questline made me better at my class than I was before. It helped me pick up tips and tricks I hadn't thought of in the past, and made me dust off some old abilities. Hell, it even made me do PvE content, when I had planned this to be a PvP toon, and I loved every minute of it. I actually stepped into LFR in my desperation, and saw it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. (I prefer regular raids with people I know)

I'm not sure what Blizzard was intending when they made the green fire questline. Maybe it was to challenge only the skilled players. Maybe it was to show Warlock prestige for a while. But to me? It was Advanced Warlock 101, and I finally passed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
This is actually part of the reason I came back; it made me feel like Blizz cared about locks again.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock

This questline made me better at my class than I was before. It helped me pick up tips and tricks I hadn't thought of in the past, and made me dust off some old abilities. Hell, it even made me do PvE content, when I had planned this to be a PvP toon, and I loved every minute of it. I actually stepped into LFR in my desperation, and saw it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. (I prefer regular raids with people I know)

It was Advanced Warlock 101, and I finally passed.

To be honest, I didn't feel like I improved much, seeing as how the mechanics require very drastically different abilities as compared to normal raiding.

The only real trick I learnt is the infinite aggro dump of the demonic gateway, that was pretty funny.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
88905101078:

It was Advanced Warlock 101, and I finally passed.

To be honest, I didn't feel like I improved much, seeing as how the mechanics require very drastically different abilities as compared to normal raiding.

The only real trick I learnt is the infinite aggro dump of the demonic gateway, that was pretty funny.

I love the aggro dump!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
88905101078:

I fail to see how staying out of fires, dispelling debuffs, and controlling your threat while sustaining reasonable DPS is "very drastically different" from normal raiding.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
I came back to WoW just a few days ago and just had to get the green fire. I got it yesterday after a day and a half of trying this boss and it felt amazing. If there were more solo pve content like this I would absolutely love it. The boss may be a tad overtuned but I had a blast doing it. Thanks blizzard you did good.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
i personally believe they need to bring more quests like this into the game it was honestly frustrating untill i got the mechanics down an when i got the kill all the frustration an yes nerd raging on my own screw ups was complety worth it an was a great achivement.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
One thing I've noticed- pretty much anyone I've seen who has the green fire thoroughly enjoyed the fight. Could that simply be that people who enjoy the content have the right mindset to beat it?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
I think its definitely part of it. I didn't even just want the green fire, I wanted to beat him because it was such a challenge and I felt like I HAD to overcome it
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The quest was the #1 reason why I started gathering gear for my lock.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
91640418954:

It was a toss up between levelling a lock or priest from 85-90 for me. The green fire quest was the thing that decided it. Now that i've got green fire I'm kinda bored :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
91640418954:

Me too. I leveled my Pally first after my long break from WoW and then I learned about green fire and HAD to have it. So I made my boyfriend rush with me from 87ish-90 and we started farming the tome immediately. I think we both had it within a few hours, so we just...tried. Well, that was pretty rough to do in questing greens and stuff, but we actually made decent progress.

But I felt we just needed the extra DPS boost from gear, so we started heroics and LFR and quickly geared up within a few days (it was a day or two before the 5.3 patch, so we could run LFR twice).

Before that I had planned on this toon being PvP, but now I'm having too much fun PvEing with her. :P I would have never stepped into LFR otherwise (I raid healed for non-lfr in Cata). GG Blizz!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]