rest shammy heals question

90 Goblin Shaman
not sure what to do, some say you should go all haste as resto, soe say haste for lil bit than crit others say all out mastery , I am still learn resto n it bugs me not to know who to belive any help appreicated
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
They're all viable builds.

Presuming you're doing 10man content, if you're 3-healing, you're less likely to make a lot of use out of your Mastery than if you were 2-healing. Still, doesn't mean you *shouldn't* gear for Mastery if you 3-heal 10man content... that Mastery could very well save a raid wipe every now and then.

If you gear for Haste, just be careful of the totem breakpoints. Overshoot them by a couple hundred Haste to be sure the totem bugginess gives you the extra ticks you're going for. Non-totem Haste breakpoints (Healing Rain, Riptide, Earthliving Weapon) are not buggy and don't require extra "padding".

If you gear for Crit, you can drop more Spirit than you'd otherwise keep (ie... trade Spirit for extra throughput stats).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Read these two pages:

http://lifeingroup5.com/?page_id=3057

http://lifeingroup5.com/?p=2965
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I have tried stacking all three secondary stats, and for item levels around 500 (+/-10), there is really very little difference in throughput for 10 mans.

I tried:

Mastery to ~70%
Crit to ~25% (buffed)
Haste to 25% breakpoint (buffed)

I also wrote an addon to compare the benefit of Mastery and Crit for my heals in actual fights, by getting the health of every target I healed (for Mastery). Crit almost always comes out better, frequently by a fair amount. When Mastery is better, it is barely better, and this is true even with very low Mastery (< 50%).

Even with 70% Mastery in fights that were progression for my group where people were frequently low on health, Mastery never accounted for more the 20% of my total healing, and 15% was more typical.

Compare to Holy Paladins, who get ~30% of their effective healing from stacking comparable amounts of Mastery, and you see one of the reasons we are so far behind the other healing specs.
Edited by Rheeah on 5/27/2013 4:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I have tried stacking all three secondary stats, and for item levels around 500 (+/-10), there is really very little difference in throughput for 10 mans.

I tried:

Mastery to ~70%
Crit to ~25% (buffed)
Haste to 25% breakpoint (buffed)

What do you think of stacking haste to 30%? Riptide doesn't make up a majority of my healing, but HR sure does. I never really wanted to go for 25% but now that I can do 30% I'm considering it. Right now I'm focusing on crit and have enjoyed it for a while, but if there's a superior gearing strategy I'm all for trying it out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]