Lucky Yi...

(Locked)

90 Dwarf Shaman
Any post 5.3 tips?

He heals himself for 7-900 life every 3 -6 rounds. Is this intentional? He already takes the 5.5 standard 50% DMG reduction, and he is capable of 3-4 shotting most pets. Do I just wait in 8 minute increments to see if he doesn't heal?

I have tried life exchange with my rare faerie nether, tried my hard hitters, tried the old sunlight/LF/PS trick, tried strong anti critter pets... Can't seem to get him below 500ish. He is so far the biggest pain in muh toosh out of all of them.
90 Dwarf Shaman
For real though, I am interested in tips. I don't mind a challenge, but I have bashed my face into the wall enough over this guy. I heard raptors do well, yet I can't seem to locate but 1 in my pet search. Any ideas on where to capture one? Isle of thunder maybe?
90 Human Paladin
I've been using a Kun-Lai runt; mangle and then rampage. Switch to a Zandalari raptor; black claw and war party. Harbinger of Flame as my last pet, but I've never needed him.
90 Dwarf Shaman
Ok cool ty. I am still pretty early on in my max level pet collection, and I specifically spent the whole day getting my brilliant kaliri, soul of the aspects and nether faerie dragon to max to do the old trick I saw, looks like I am about a week to late :(
90 Gnome Death Knight
I killed him with a Runt/Anub Idol/leopard scorpion(level 23) combo. I'd probably sub the Idol out for something that hits a little harder if I did it again.
90 Troll Rogue
A rare Curious Wolvar Pup can handle him alone. High power and strong beast attacks for heavy hits, plus as a humanoid takes reduced damage from Lucky Yi's only offensive attack. Plus the trap's stun can buy you a couple free hits.
Edited by Jundashave on 5/28/2013 7:37 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Rogue
My Flayer Youngling (using his beast moves) can usually handle him by himself..if not, I tend to use an Arctic Fox for backup with Howl for dmg increase ;)
Edited by Kitrae on 5/28/2013 7:37 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
UE
89195693614:
For real though, I am interested in tips. I don't mind a challenge, but I have bashed my face into the wall enough over this guy. I heard raptors do well, yet I can't seem to locate but 1 in my pet search. Any ideas on where to capture one? Isle of thunder maybe?
The raptors drop on the isle of giants, north of kun li where all of the dinosaurs are. A couple of the raptors can kill yi in 3 rounds.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Zandalari raptors, Chromius, or Alpine Foxlings

howl and bite/howl bite mana surge
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
P/P Zandalari Kneebiter is all you need. Black Claw -> Hunting Party -> Blood Fang. If you have terrible rng and he's not dead after Blood Fang, you can use a 2nd beast to finish him off.
90 Orc Hunter
89192093684:
My Flayer Youngling (using his beast moves) can usually handle him by himself..if not, I tend to use an Arctic Fox for backup with Howl for dmg increase ;)

I use a rare Flayer Youngling as well - solos him pretty easily (unless you get really unlucky with crits and heals).
90 Orc Hunter
91600516854:
P/P Zandalari Kneebiter is all you need. Black Claw -> Hunting Party -> Blood Fang. If you have terrible rng and he's not dead after Blood Fang, you can use a 2nd beast to finish him off.
90 Dwarf Shaman
Well I just spent a few hours getting 1 rare and 1 uncommon Kun-Lai Runt based on some of the advice here. Cant tell if they are P/P, the rare is level 23 with these stats:

1296 health
281 power
251 speed

I am going to put the 2 runts in the 1/2 slot and fill it out with a raptor then go punch this guy in the face.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
UE
91603716060:
Well I just spent a few hours getting 1 rare and 1 uncommon Kun-Lai Runt based on some of the advice here. Cant tell if they are P/P, the rare is level 23 with these stats:

1296 health
281 power
251 speed

I am going to put the 2 runts in the 1/2 slot and fill it out with a raptor then go punch this guy in the face.
It's a P/S. You can use this site to figure out the breed and other stuff.

http://petsear.ch/Breeds
Edited by Snow on 5/28/2013 9:58 PM PDT
90 Troll Rogue
91603716060:

1296 health
281 power
251 speed

That would be the 45% power 45% speed type, wowhead has a great tool for checking out available pet breeds.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68846
90 Orc Warrior
sunreaver microsentry owns his !@#$
90 Dwarf Shaman
I got it him, it took some RNG with his absolutely insane 800 heal every 4 rounds not occurring, but I 2 petted him with level 22 and 23 runts. My Last pet was a 25 rare Festering Maggot, I was going to open with a Leap if he made it that far.

thanks for the links to the websites.
Edited by Tyriontheimp on 5/28/2013 10:18 PM PDT
90 Orc Hunter
The Zandalari Raptor doesn't usually need any backup at all. He just vomits damage all over and the cricket flails around and dies horribly.
90 Human Priest
My kneebiter (P/S, I think) solos him.
90 Human Paladin
I didn't figure this out, but I have tried it and it has worked repeatedly for me.

Start With - Unborn Val'kyr
1) Curse of Doom - 550 Damage after 5 rounds.
2) Haunt - 137 Damage every round for 4 rounds.
Switch to - Pandaren Water Spirit
3) Geyser - 390 Damage after 3 rounds.
4) Whirlpool - 420 Damage after 2 rounds.
Switch to - Chrominius
5) Howl - Increase damage taken by 100% (ALL GO BOOM!)
6) Surge of Power - 740 (+100%) should it somehow be alive.

Have fun!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]