A plan for recruitment

90 Night Elf Druid
I'm sure I'll get a lot of trolls and "Negative Nancy's" for bringing this up but as we all know we have been losing players on our server. Whereas I do believe there is too many guilds and too many upstarts each day.. the bottom line is that we need some new players.
I have an idea, there are many servers in very bad shape population wise and there's no real fix in sight at the moment since Blizz doesn't want to merge servers.
Before the trolls start with the "No Dalaran is teh ultimate suxors!!" I came from a Low pop server called Azshara and trust me you don't know the meaning of dead until you are on a server where Alliance doesn't down any content... at all. Do you like downing Nalak every week? Well my old server doesn't get to do that.

There is plenty of very sad players on these Low Pop servers.. I was lucky since I could afford the transfer. Many people cannot afford the $25 or more. Some are nervous to start over with nothing on a new server. Maybe we should go over to some of these low pop servers and encourage rerolls onto ours. Give them some bags, a couple pieces of crafted lowbie gear gear, a few coins in their pocket, and a friendly guild to call home and they might just stick around. Trust me guys, our server will be like a whole new game to these folks. Granted we won't be recruiting a ton of players with raid experience but over time they will learn like we did. Let me know what you guys think or share any ideas.

PS... please try to be positive. Being a "Negative Nancy" will not fix anything :-)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
this could work if enough guilds get actively involved O_o according to realmpop the 10 lowest pop servers are:

Chromaggus

Garithos

Gul'dan

Hakkar

Balnazzar

Tortheldrin

Azshara

Onyxia

Anub'Arak

Dalvengyr

there are plenty of other to choose from as well, but if a few of us each put together an advertisement of sorts and spew it into those trade chats as nicely and non-irritatingly as possible we are liable to get some folks come check Dalaran out.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I love the idea that you have, but it's not that they are scared to roll on another server, they just do not WANT to. You run into the same type of people that reside here on Dalaran who are just too stubborn to leave and would rather go down with the ship, so to speak.

The other problem is, what does Dalaran have to offer these new people? Auction houses on both factions are completely dead (Horde more-so) and there are rarely any groups doing anything (even old content).

P.S. - I just noticed Dalaran has been flagged for "New Players" today. Curious.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
It's all about the stock prices, baby! One of my guildies suggested that rather than allow free transfers from high pop -> low pop, it would be nice if it were the other way around. So no servers would actually be shut down (Belli can be clever).

the inevitable introduction of xrealm ah will help our economy some.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
In case any one is wondering this is the alliance side server pop during prime time 05/29/13 7:35pm est. I think we still have a lot to offer.

http://imgur.com/Q0ICKDv

The addon name is CensusPlus it's pretty cool
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
91647416914:
I love the idea that you have, but it's not that they are scared to roll on another server, they just do not WANT to. You run into the same type of people that reside here on Dalaran who are just too stubborn to leave and would rather go down with the ship, so to speak.

The other problem is, what does Dalaran have to offer these new people? Auction houses on both factions are completely dead (Horde more-so) and there are rarely any groups doing anything (even old content).

P.S. - I just noticed Dalaran has been flagged for "New Players" today. Curious.

New players? Hmm that's different, when was the last time that happened?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
91647417627:
New players? Hmm that's different, when was the last time that happened?

Not since the guild helper thingymadoodle
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Ugh, I hadn't noticed that we were flagged for new players. :(

That's bad. It means we're lower than a low-pop server.

I'm always happy to give bags to new players/rerolls, and a little start-up gold. But like others said, most people don't want to reroll. It sucks to start over.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
91642918171:
Ugh, I hadn't noticed that we were flagged for new players. :(

That's bad. It means we're lower than a low-pop server.

I'm always happy to give bags to new players/rerolls, and a little start-up gold. But like others said, most people don't want to reroll. It sucks to start over.

We are not that low.. when I ran the census at 7:35pm there was 770 players online on the alli side
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
it *may* be the gm's way of telling us not to go and ninja players from other realms that cannot afford to lose a single warm body.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
it *may* be the gm's way of telling us not to go and ninja players from other realms that cannot afford to lose a single warm body.

That would mean they would have to acknowledge we exist.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
European servers have a 50% discount on transfer services. Maybe we will soon get that too over here
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]