6.0.3 Mutilate PvP How-To: Cold Blood...

(Sticky)

91 Undead Rogue
I always run CS ambush garrote, mut is only five points less then ambush but does less damage, ill always pop rupture after coming out of subterfuge and I really don't have issues with energy but also having 150 energy from the set bonus helps a lot. But the main point is that Ambush in IMO is the better opener then mut, but seeing as mut procs blindside its very tempting.
I know this is from a really long time ago

but the advantage of Mut over Ambush is a risk/reward type of thing.
Ambush itself does better dmg than Mut, but Mut can proc Dispatch and offers an extra chance to proc poisons, as well as (I believe) two chances to proc Seal Fate (only one crit will grant the extra cp if both hits crit).
The rng benefits of Mut over Ambush are significant, if you get lucky and have even one of Mut's rng factors proc it becomes MUCH more valuable than Ambush.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Certainly didn't expect to see this back up here. But I've taken the opportunity to give some much-needed updates to the OP.

I highly suggest you folks read and get back to me. I think you'll enjoy the info.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Rogue
bump.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Nice Guide. Really should have been a sticky. Don't give up hope, Mut rogues. I pushed 1900 in 2's with relative ease today. Stronger than I figured it would be.
Reply Quote
Youtube Link
4 Orc Shaman
Hi Toyrk, just wanted to say thank you for this guide. You obviously put some time into it (plus the emote /fart thing was hilarious). I am new to world of warcraft (kinda), and this guide helped up my PVP abilities (level 45 rogue) A LOT! thank you thank you thank you.

quick question. Do you switch your poisons prior to an encounter? or do you keep the constant throughout the whole BG?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
quick question. Do you switch your poisons prior to an encounter? or do you keep the constant throughout the whole BG?

For the most part your lethal poison will stay the same. If you're a fresh 90 or lower, it'll stay as Wound Poison. If you've got some gear and stacked mastery to around 55-60% or higher it'll stay as Deadly Poison.

Your nonlethal poison can change based upon the opposing team you face in arenas. Mind-Numbing if there are casters, and Crippling (or Paralytic) if there are only melee on the other team.

If you use Glyph of Poisons you can probably switch poisons while stealthed if you wanted to, but for the most part they'll stay as they are through the entire BG.

I generally use Deadly/Mind-Numbing for every BG except Strand of the Ancients (I have AV and IoC blocked). I use Deadly/Crippling on Strands because its shiv bonus will help slow demolishers. Paralytic is a decent choice too for Strands.
Edited by Toryk on 7/31/2013 1:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Youtube Link
4 Orc Shaman
07/31/2013 01:25 PMPosted by Toryk

If you're a fresh 90 or lower, it'll stay as Wound Poison.

Thanks for that tidbit. Its difficult finding <90 level advice. I know i'll get there eventually, but it is going to take awhile and i'll be doing a lot of PVP in between then

cheers
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Only thing i noticed was you have Kidney at 75% DR when I believe DR works as Full Duration>50% Duration>25% Duration>Immune iirc (if not, just ignore me =D) So your kidney being on a 5cp 6s normal, would be 3s instead of 4.5s.

THAT'S WHAT I FORGOT.

You're right. I found my math was wrong a long time ago and never remembered to change it; I didn't expect this page to get bumped again any time soon, and it fell through the cracks with the update to the vicious talisman info.

Thanks for reminding me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I guess while you're at it, go ahead and change the Cheapshot 5 seconds to 4.5 (glyphed). I'd like to keep this bumped and accurate for all to see!

Edit: What I mean is in the opener tactics post for lockdown.
Edited by Peer on 7/31/2013 4:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Edit: What I mean is in the opener tactics post for lockdown.

Done deal. Hard to believe I let that slide since I mentioned the nerf in the glyph section.

[Edit: Figured out why. That section is a copy/paste from a post I made before the glyph changes in 5.3.]
Edited by Toryk on 7/31/2013 6:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
07/31/2013 01:25 PMPosted by Toryk
(I have AV and IoC blocked)
Good man. He knows which BG's suck.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
this needs a bump.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Rogue
It really needs to be stickied.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
/bump
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Rogue
/bump
Reply Quote
Can't believe this isn't a sticky yet... don't post often but being a fairly new 90 rogue and a lover of assassination, this thread has helped a lot and needs another bump. Thanks Toryk, awesome stuff.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
just keep bumping this guys.
Reply Quote
78 Gnome Rogue
If I go Haste>Crit, does that mean I can do more mutilate? And more chance of Blindside procs? Hoping someone can enlighten me about this. Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]