Rets PVP 5.3 - Is it just me or...

90 Human Paladin
Hi guys,

Just get back to WoW after 1 year break since Cata. Last night I tried some arenas for the first time since I dinged 90 and here's my concerns: why so much CCs?

I remember when it was in Cata, each class has just 1 or 2 CCs and for a whole match, I only got CC like, let's say 4-5s, and together with my racial trinket, I did just fine back then, but now I get CC'ed till dead!

Also, I'm not sure if my rotation has problem or just me so noob. I usually start with Judgement, Exor, then CS, Inquisition then stun the target, pop cd + trink + wings and smash, but it seems like I will get CC right into my face until I lie on dust. I mean I only got racial trink as an escape tool, other than that, when I got stuns, fears, sheeps, hex... Im totally dead.

Can you guys share your tips in arena? When to burst? When to pop bubble, when to heal and when to use rets CC properly (the stun and the blind).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Ret gets CC'd the second wings come out pretty reliably. Nobody wants to get hit by ret with CDs up because of how high our burst is.

If you don't have your trinket up, basically don't use wings unless you have an extremely good opening.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
I feel like a fun minor glyph would for paladins would be that it hides your wings, while at top rated through decent pvp players would be watching your buffs and would still know to lock you out once avenging wrath is up, everyone and their mother knows that if they see paladins with wings they need to stun them. Idk probably useless but would be helpful and only help to separate the good from the bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
That's not true at all you have your bubble to break CC if kill and other then druids rets aare the only class that can't be slowed like at all plus we have hand of sacrifice that removes CC from our partners now and as always if used smart can pop u out of a fear or sheep due to the dmg transfer then we can also give out hands of freedom to help out our partners dude ur limiting yourself if u think pallys can be stopped easy
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I dunno if its been said but you can also use Hand of Sacrifice on your teammate the damage you take from it used to break sheeps and other cc's like sap/blind, long CD and stuff though.

Just a thought I used to do it in wotlk etc
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I dunno if its been said but you can also use Hand of Sacrifice on your teammate the damage you take from it used to break sheeps and other cc's like sap/blind, long CD and stuff though.

Just a thought I used to do it in wotlk etc

Still works, but 9 times out of 10 the ret is the one getting trained and you use it to dispel your healer/partner from cc.

Honestly getting poly'd/feared etc isn't really even a big deal. Happens to everybody, rets are no more vulnerable than warriors, rogues or death knights. You could argue reflect, cloak and AMS stop it but if a DK uses AMS offensively right now they usually die 5-10 seconds later, and spell reflect is easy to bait. Cloak is a good way to allin for the kill but they die shortly after if they use it, bubble is the same way. I actually have bubbled and removed it a good amount of times to get kills, same with bop.

One extremely underrated ability by most pallies is our ability to get out of roots, try playing a dk/rogue and even a warrior or enhance, you sit so many novas, hunter roots, chains, para shivs it's not even funny.
Edited by Martymcfly on 6/1/2013 4:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Learn to play while getting trained... This is our reality.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]