Raid Comp/meters

90 Night Elf Priest
I get a lot of use out of renew and lightspring. And I'm mostly seeing going to the hast breakpoint is useful on howtopriest. And I am reforged for holy because that is what I normally am, but I was trying out disc to see how I liked it and also to prepare myself incase the rl tells me to go disc. I guess I will make it completely clear, I am aware of my reforge, my glyphs, enchants, gems, what I need to improve on as disc, and what items I need to upgrade. I am not asking for help on that. A lot of my money goes towards repairs and flasks. So I haven't been throwing money at reforges for every single time I change specs. I am also not asking why we wiped. I was simply asking a general question about meters and HPS.

I know that in some fights hpals will dominate, all around. I was just curious if Druids were currently at a point where they will dominate me and if so how much ahead are they on average. If I was the third healer (shammy) in our raid, if be asking how much ahead of me should the priest and druid be. Just so I had an idea of what to expect.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
@Pitkanen - Thanks, that's the sort of answer I'm looking for.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
91647517338:
I am also not asking why we wiped. I was simply asking a general question about meters and HPS.

Ok then, yes you should be beating the druid in most cases. Properly enchant your gear and focus on your absorbs and snipe your way to the top!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I had no idea I needed to enchant. I didn't even know I asked for advice on what I should do.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Enchants do help :D! Once you get your professions up as well you'll get perks from that.

Noticed you weapon enchant is greater impact, pick up Jade Spirit if you can afford it or if your guild provides it or windsong.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
@Veroicone - Someone already pointed that out. I already explained why it's on there. I already explained I know that I need enchants (and in case this comes up again) that I am not reforged for disc. I also explained why money is tight. So I know which enchants I need as well. So all the advice everyone is giving me, has been covered and I am well aware and there are reasons behind it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Saw the reply earlier and just didn't have a chance to edit it, so calm down.

For leveling up enchanting, instead of putting it on your own items buy low quality items and enchant them instead or use scrolls. Or level tailoring at the same time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I'm calm. Just tired of getting answers to a question I didn't ask. I get that sort of thing at work all the time, so real life is enough for me. And it's an OCD thing of having a random item to enchant sitting in my bag.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
91646317304:
I had no idea I needed to enchant. I didn't even know I asked for advice on what I should do.

We really are trying to help you here. Even if you don't want it. It's sort of what we do.

What I and a few others here were specifically trying to get you to understand is that your question suggests you are looking at the wrong metrics for performance. You are obviously gauging your performance based on the druid's output. If you weren't then why spend the time posting about where you "should" be compared to him? It is very easy as disc to snipe non-absorb classes on overhealed content, but that many times is not at all helpful to the healing group as a whole.

So can a disc outheal a druid in your situation? Yes definitely. Should you be? We don't know! Maby you need to tank heal more while the druid focuses more on raid. Point is, these are the things you really should be focusing on, instead of judging yourself based on if you should be "beating" your healing partners on most fights.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I realize you are trying to help, but I feel like I said that I am aware that meters don't mean much. I'm asking for the reason of using it in between fights and wipes so I can gauge how I'm doing without having to wait for logs. I want it in addition to logs. I'm not judging our performance off of that. I could have swore I said that, but I just not have. Yea, I know how to use logs and meters. I just wasn't sure how healers generally ranked. If Druids were OP this patch, there's a chance that no matter how I try, I should expect to be low on meters. I want to use it as a quick judgement of what's going on, instead of having to wait for logs and then figure everything out after we are done raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Rhias, we're doing our best to help you. Thing is, logs do matter. Logs matter because they tell us what is going on in your raid, and why you are behind the other healer. They allow us to give you tips on how to improve. And yes, enchanting your gear will help.

I'm sorry that we're not saying what you want to hear.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
What do I want to hear? An answer on whether or not priests are generally ahead on meters? I know I need enchants, I know logs help, but it doesn't change my question or the answer to my question. I understand you are helping, but that's not the question I asked. As I have stated over and over.

1) I know I need enchants and I knew that before I came here. I also know what enchants I need.
2) I know that logs help to determine things on an individual basis.

BUT I want to know in GENERAL do priests heal above others on meters SO I can use this info between wipes to quickly get a general idea if there's something wrong. Because I cannot check logs and figure this out until the raid is over, logs are of no use to me in regards to my question. Two people have actually answered me. And I thank them for actually reading and helping me in the way I wanted.
Reply Quote
91640418672:
What do I want to hear? An answer on whether or not priests are generally ahead on meters?

Yes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
91647517742:
91640418672:
What do I want to hear? An answer on whether or not priests are generally ahead on meters?

Yes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Ok then the answer to my question should be: We honestly can't give an answer to that because....and here would be your reasoning.

The answer to that is not, you need an enchant. Right?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
So does that mean when someone asks for help or a critique on the forum do you tell them, We can't give you an answer to that because meters are inaccurate and we'd need to see logs.

/end sarcasm
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
91640418672:
What do I want to hear? An answer on whether or not priests are generally ahead on meters? I know I need enchants, I know logs help, but it doesn't change my question or the answer to my question. I understand you are helping, but that's not the question I asked. As I have stated over and over.

1) I know I need enchants and I knew that before I came here. I also know what enchants I need.
2) I know that logs help to determine things on an individual basis.

BUT I want to know in GENERAL do priests heal above others on meters SO I can use this info between wipes to quickly get a general idea if there's something wrong. Because I cannot check logs and figure this out until the raid is over, logs are of no use to me in regards to my question. Two people have actually answered me. And I thank them for actually reading and helping me in the way I wanted.

You're comparing crap in a vacuum.

"Do priests heal above others on the meters"

Meters...I think you're looking at your meters far too much. You can't compare healers in a vacuum;

"A resto druid will utterly obliterate you on certain fights if he knows how to play his class very well"

I can substitute resto druid for just about any other healer and the above statement will still be true.

Every fight is different. I can blow a priest away on certain fights by a good ~30k hps. Others he can blow me away by far more than that. That's the nature of absorbs.

But if you want a general answer to your question without even knowing which fight/etc you're looking at; You, as a disc priest, should be tops on the meters on any fight that does not have a lot of raid wide damage going out nearly all the time.
If the fight has a lot of triage healing, all things (player skill, gear levels) being equal, the Resto Druid should pull ahead of you.

I notice you said that you're currently doing Toes, so as for toes;

Protectors, you should be ahead.

Tsulong, the Resto Druid should blow you away. Utterly. By 50-80k hps. I'm not joking. Healing mushrooms should blow up Tsulongs health by 20 million per breath. No other healer should ever come close to a Resto Druid on this fight. I did 195k hps on this the other day.

Lei Shi, You should blow away the resto druid. And it shouldn't even be close. It's heavy tank damage, very little raid damage, the only raid damage that comes out is when an add doesn't get CC'd and starts smoking a DPS, in which case, your bubbles are the only thing that's going to save him, unless CC get's put back up.

Sha of Fear; Null. Should be 2 healed and the Healers are seperated from each other. Meters will not work. But in theory, the Resto Druid should have a far easier time healing on the small platforms as he heals on the move far better than you.
Reply Quote
91643517446:
So does that mean when someone asks for help or a critique on the forum do you tell them, We can't give you an answer to that because meters are inaccurate and we'd need to see logs.

/end sarcasm

Yes, actually. Because it is quite true. It's not so much that meters are "inaccurate" as it is they do not tell the whole story. People generally do not get combative when truly asking for help rather than wanting a pat on the head and to be told they are doing a fantastic job whether that is reality or not. :/

edit:
91644517591:
Sha of Fear; Null. Should be 2 healed and the Healers are seperated from each other. Meters will not work. But in theory, the Resto Druid should have a far easier time healing on the small platforms as he heals on the move far better than you.

Super duper minor thing, but: Not necessarily, Penance/HF(Solace) are plenty for this and can both be cast while moving (assuming Penance glyph of course). I guess technically you could be correct because of the positional requirement of facing the pandaren, but that is a very minor distinction, imho.
Edited by Morenn on 5/29/2013 3:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
91648217510:
91647517742:

Yes.

For the content you're doing, hell yes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
But if I'm asking you to critique my build, that would make no sense. I in no way asked for help with my build or character. I could understand if I had asked for that, but I didn't. I read these forums and howtopriest and I know that I need enchants and know what I need to improve on and I know that you need logs to give me an independent answer to my questions. But simple stopping at answering my actual question would have sufficed. Im not being combative. I'm just trying to help you guys become better answerers of questions.

So. In summation. I just wanted a general answer. Example would be, in most cases disc priests should be ahead of druids on heals (this is from what others have said, I would be just as happy with an answer stating that no, Druids should generally be on top). Now, if it is impossible for you to make a blanket statement. A harmless one at that, then you could have either ignored my question, so your answer would have nothing to do with my actual question. Or just said that you would need to see logs and ignore the fact that I asked for in general, and not my situation specifically.

Also by in general, I mean that if you took every disc priest on WoW and averaged the meters together, would disc priests end up on top? Or would Druids, shammies, monks or whoever be on top. It is a quantitive answer which means you should have an answer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]