Raid Comp/meters

90 Night Elf Priest
So to ask a simple question I have to explain all of that. I'm copying that and saving it next time I have a question so I don't have to type it all out.

Oh and before someone decides I need to be informed about raid etiquette, they are aware and ok with my lack of enchants because I don't have much time to get gold. And I'm always there on time
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Kinda. And I got what I wanted. But Evry just posted. Wanted to spread the love. I wanted an answer that I finally got. It was like pulling teeth to get that from you guys.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I don't know why you keep posting either lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
91643418165:
I don't know why you continue posting. It's so clear from your posts that you absolutely don't want help, and you don't want any input but...well, I don't really know WHAT you want. You said yourself that you occasionally troll. This is honestly beginning to sound like a troll on your part.

Basically. When someone posts something referencing logs and where they should be at on the meters, people will generally look at the OP's glyphs, enchants, gemming, etc to offer advice. You don't have to take the advice, obviously, only if you want to improve or whatever.

Pretty sure I said ~

91606916164:
It depends.

I heal ToT with a druid and another disc priest (I heal it as disc) and sometimes the druid is ahead of me depending on the fight :) What's your typical "rotation"?

In the beginning of the thread. In the end, should you be ahead of the druid? Yes. Will the fight factor into this? Yes. Will gems/enchants/whatever else assist in this? Yes. Gold isn't difficult to make in this game, even if you only have less than 30 minutes to do it in if you guild/any guild mates don't provide enchants, gems, or flasks.

Edit button is also your friend.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I'm having trouble understanding your post. Who is the edit button about?

And if my guild mates provided flasks, I wouldn't have to buy them. And while good is easy to make, as I said don't have much to get enough golf to pay for all of that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Also I want to improve, but I already know what everyone was telling me. Hence why I don't need the advice. And why I didn't ask for it. Because:

91643517788:
Did you read any of my posts, still didn't ask for help. I was simply stating what people did bring up.

Thanks. This is me letting you know that I am aware of these things. Not acting like a know it all.

I know the different uses for the 90 talents

I actually did take the Glyph of PoM for tank healing for another fight we were doing. Same with DI.

As I mentioned, I'm leveling up my profs. I am saving up valor for the Shado-Pan healing trinket.

Now my reasoning. Because I have a lot of outside commitments. So outside of raid times, I only have a few hours to play. So my gold isn't the most abundant (which I believe I mentioned twice at least). So most of it goes towards repairs and flasks. Right now I have 200g. Still have to get flasks and pay for the repairs that will happen in tomorrow night's raid.

So that makes a lot enchants out of my price. Professions take money and/or time to level and I'm doing it as fast as I can. This also means I can't just reforge willy nilly. It also makes it hard to get all the glyphs I need to have. I don't change my talents much because it is money as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Bad troll is bad.

/end thread
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Ok that last part I wasn't trolling. I'm letting you know that I want to improve but didn't ask for advice because I know what I need to do. Don't get your panties in a wad.

Oh here this might help. Why thank you, I had no idea that I needed to change anything.

Now bad troll is bad.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
And I really was having a hard time understanding your post. You quote someone else and talk about why people are giving me advice. And then something about the edit button. I really don't know what you are talking about with the edit button? Did I misspell something?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What an impressive troll. Got 5 pages worth of replies before people gave up. You just don't see that much anymore.

You might be terrible at healing, but you've got serious potential with trolling WoW forums.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
good trolls put pictures of tigers in their posts.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
How am I a terrible healer? And where did that come from?

Edit - And no this is not me asking to be critiqued. But asking what gave you that idea. Since you haven't seen me heal or seen my logs. Is it because I wanted a specific answer? Because I didn't want advice since I know what I need to do? Because I'm a casual gamer who has life and doesn't have as much time as you to put into a game?
Edited by Rhias on 5/29/2013 7:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So I kept up with this thread thinking, "okay maybe this guy is new and doesn't know how to disc priest. Probably will give logs and some nice elitist priest like tiriel might answer for this lovely person"

Turns out. This guy is really dumb. Doesn't accept help and is trying to be all high and mighty about it when he can't even enchant his gear properly. Zzzz

Sidenote I don't even understand the question he was trying to ask. But my brain was hurting trying to understand it.

P.S monks rule because we have tigers

ALSO I have a cat called xuen irl so i bet you're all jealous
Edited by Suplift on 5/29/2013 7:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I'm not dumb. I already know what I need to change. So technically I already accepted what they said because I realized this before I posted this entire thing. So it's not me being high and mighty, I didn't ask for advice because what people have told me I am already aware of. And maybe I'm bad because I'm not hardcore, but I don't have the time to get 3k to get the sha crystals for Jade Spirit. I get enough gold to pay for my repairs from raiding and paying for flasks. And getting gems for items that I upgrade when I get some.

If it makes everyone happy, thanks for the advice. I didn't realize I had the wrong enchant on my weapon. As soon as I get on, I will get Jade Spirit since I didn't know I needed it.

Ok is that the answer you were looking for? I'm not high and mighty I just wasn't getting the answer I wanted, which was about meters. Please don't belittle me. You don't know me. I am not dumb; sarcastic and antagonistic, very much so. But just because I already know something doesn't mean I am a know it all. You guys are smart and know your stuff, but I don't need your advice because I am aware of it and working on it when work lets me get on here.

My question was just about using meters in between fights since I wouldn't have time to look through logs since we're clearing trash to the next boss (that is when I'm able to run logs). And basically how druids and priests compare on HPS. And then trying to clarify that I understood how they are inaccurate. And that looking at death logs are a great source of info as well. But I wanted a better idea on how we compare on the HPS scale. And yes, I am aware that it doesn't account for healing the wrong target or sniping, or a myriad of other issues.

Edit - And yes I am new to disc, which I think I said at one point. I've only been doing disc for a week, but I still know what I need to work on and what enchants I need to get when I get the gold.
Edited by Rhias on 5/29/2013 7:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Honestly, you need to play a DPS and not a healer.

That's not how healing or evaluating/analyzing your efforts work.

Merely looking at meters to judge who's lagging behind is such a bad fail when you compare entirely different classes.

You care so much about meters; Play dps. Period.

If you truly wanted to evaluate your, or your co-healers, healing, you'd have to go indepth into logs and you would NEVER be concerned with blanket statements such as "Who is generally top heals" It's utter nonsense.

I don't mean to be rude, please understand. That's not what good healers are about. If that's what my co-healer was looking at/concerned with, I would utterly dispise healing with him. Shows really what matters to him; Meters. When it's supposed to be; Boss dead? Anyone die?

When you ask something like that around a healing forum, you need to understand, that's a dps mentality. It doesn't work that way for healing.
Edited by Tonydanza on 5/29/2013 7:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Ok thanks. I do look at logs when I have a chance to. I believe I've said that numerous times throughout. I am not obsessed with meters, but I want to use them with logs. And wanted some clarification. But I think at this point I will just delete recount. Since trying to use it at all makes other healers think that I suck. I am not a great healer, but I am not bad. But we are casual, so I am doing well enough at this point in time.

I didn't realize everyone would get up in arms because I mentioned meters. I thought I made it clear that I do use logs. But oh well. This is apparently not the place to ask questions.
Edited by Rhias on 5/29/2013 8:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
No using recount is fine (actually IMO skada is better), but relying on it is what we are saying is bad. world of logs just gives you more information. The only reason we got snarky is because you got snarky with us when we were trying to help.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
91645218177:
This is apparently not the place to ask questions.

We love questions. You apparently don't like answers. *shrugs* Can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.

You get snarky with us, we get snarky back. We figured out a few pages back that you either weren't serious or were actively trolling, so we stopped giving you serious responses. You get back what you put in.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Oh I was serious up until about half way through when it seemed like no one was reading what I was writing. Like the fact that I do use logs and am aware that they are better. That I am aware about my enchants and that I am working on them. But even after I said that, it felt like no one was listening to what I was saying or asking. They were too busy telling me what I should do, when that's not what I wanted. That's when I started to be more of a troll. I was serious about most all of what I said, but I was tired of saying things and people over and over telling me that I need to look at logs. And that was AFTER I already said I look at logs. So that's why I got snarky, I felt like no one was actually listening to the OP.

Edit: And that is why I said this is not the place to ask questions, because I would clarify, but no one seemed to notice. They just kept harping about the fact that I need to use logs, which I DO USE LOGS (caps added so it hopefully won't be missed this time, not out of anger).
Edited by Rhias on 5/29/2013 8:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Oh and add to that being called dumb, like really?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]