Raid Comp/meters

100 Tauren Druid
If you use your logs, Why don't you post your logs?

Then maybe you can get some pointers, either for you, or your co-healers.

Recount has some uses, but most of the time for me, it's just to see how something did if I'm trying a new talent for a fight (which does not include looking at hps/total healing) OR as a snap judgement on a PUG healer (again this is not indepth, but with pugs, you don't have time to get in-depth), I know a ballpark type of healing/throughput 'x' class should be putting up - on a given encounter; This is really important, each healer can vary wildly from fight to fight -, if he's nowhere near that, then we know he's a problem and he's gotta go.
Edited by Tonydanza on 5/29/2013 8:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I believe I posted back there somewhere...too lazy to quote. I was having issues with latency and my comps overall performance Tuesday night and ran very minimally addon wise. So I don't have logs Tuesday night, because I was running minimally.

And in your second paragraph that's what I'm looking for. The sort of ball park number to get an idea of how off either of us were. Because even with logs, I want to have a general idea of what all is going on when we are running back after a wipe or running on our way to the next boss. I don't have the time then to go and check logs.

That way I can look and at least have an idea that, hey, that fight the druid was running really low....or hey I was running really low numbers. That's what I was looking for. Not for it to be an end all be all, but to use in conjunction with logs (when I do have logs).

So hopefully that doesn't make me meter obsessed.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
91645218338:

And in your second paragraph that's what I'm looking for. The sort of ball park number to get an idea of how off either of us were.

But I only use that as a snap judgement for pugs. And with that, you must understand I have been healing for years. I understand multiple healing classes,(all but monks, and luckily so far, I've yet to run into one, probably because I am also a leather healer:P ) their strengths and weaknesses, what type of ballpark numbers they can potentially put up on a fight to fight basis.
This comes from experience and knowledge. It's far too different from fight to fight and largely based on healing comp.

This is why your question is so difficult to answer. It varies so wildly from fight to fight.

But, if your solely wondering about Toes, my post a page or two back, broke down how healing numbers should somewhat look like for Toes, with a disc and resto druid. But at the same time, that's assuming you're both competent and know how to heal your class properly and assuming you're not derping mechanics.

See^ There's too many variables. I could do 200k HPS. What does that mean on the meter? Means im gosu right.

No, it means everybody stood in bad and I blew my entire load and when that was over we wiped. That means absolutely nothing.
Edited by Tonydanza on 5/29/2013 9:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I saw that and found it useful. I understand that there are numerous variables that change many things. And your answer is very helpful. I have healed for a while. On another account. But I haven't done much healing with other people. And that's why I was asking so I could start to get an idea of what those numbers look like. But by your explanation I can see how that would be hard.

That's the sort of answer I was looking for.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
To acquire 200k hps, first one must enchant their gear
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Your question was pretty straight forward. In your original post you ask fairly simply if resto druid should beat a disc priest in healing. You made it blatantly obvious that you were not interested in any answer that addressed how complex of a question that is, but rather you wanted just plain and simple "yes" or "no". Your question was answered more than once on the very first page. In fact, your question was answered dozens of times throughout the thread.

I'm convinced that, if this is real, really what you wanted was some kind of affirmation from us, because even when someone told you "no, the resto druid should not be beating you" you replied with "well, but he's 20 ilevels higher than me, so that should make the difference, right?".... Well, yes. Obviously 20 ilevels will make a big difference in healing. If you realize that, wtf are you asking this question for?

Your series of replies from that point on went tremendously downhill, and the thread was quickly derailed. Therefore I can only assume that this was an elaborate troll designed to catch the attention of anyone who genuinely wanted to try to help you. Seems like you caught quite a few of them. Congrats
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Yea I wanted an affirmation. Or should I just go ok believing whatever I want without actually checking with others to make sure my assumption was right. I wanted clarification. Does 20 ilvl a make a difference, or would it not be noticeable til 30?

Yes the thread went downhill, but I was looking for specific info. And getting annoyed at all the unsolicited advice.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
And Suplift. I know that I need enchants. You're beating a dead horse. I already explained my enchanting situation numerous times.
Reply Quote
91642919132:
Yes the thread went downhill, but I was looking for specific info. And getting annoyed at all the unsolicited advice.

Unsolicited or not, if you want to become a better healer you should never *ever* bark at anyone trying to help you. THAT is why you are a bad healer, not because your numbers are low, but because you have a piss poor attitude.

edit: Sorry Evry, I had to.
Edited by Morenn on 5/30/2013 5:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Because I don't take advice that I was already aware of? You can say it's a piss poor attitude, but you don't know me. And you don't know how I'm taking what everyone has said, you can assume. If it makes you feel better, I'm taking your advice. But I've been working on it since before everyone told me what I happened to already know because I've done some research.

Edit: And I may have a piss poor attitude because I've had a terrible week at work and I'm choosing to take it out on people I don't know, will never see, and have little consequence on my life. Better then taking it on on my staff. Or there could be other reasons. Doesn't mean someone is a bad healer just because you may have caught them on a bad week when they just want someone to pay attention to what they say. Pissing you off may be easier then firing someone. I will say I do feel better this morning after all of that.
Edited by Rhias on 5/30/2013 6:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
91643517051:
I know I have that on my staff. I've been leveling up my enchanting.

Rule 1 with enchanting- never use the gear you are wearing. Always, always, buy a piece of junk gear and use that to level your enchanting.

Otherwise you might "forget" you have a lowbie chant on your gear.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Thanks. Someone already told me that. And I already explained why I was doing it that way.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
... really sent in game mail about this thread? Lawl.

Your question was answered in the very beginning of the thread, and then people offered advice to assist you but you chose to respond with a negative attitude which drove people to troll you back. Sorry you feel that way about the healing forums, but everyone is actually quite helpful when you listen to them :) ~ in response to your mail
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Marry me Tonydanza!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Fishing for compliments on the internet is just asking for trouble.

Just saying.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Fishing for compliments on the internet is just asking for trouble.

I had some good fish off the grill last night... mmmm
Edited by Polymorphed on 5/31/2013 9:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Why hasn't this thread died yet?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

I blame you.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
05/31/2013 09:26 AMPosted by Tiriel

I blame you.

And you.

/end sarcasm

/end thread
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
05/31/2013 09:29 AMPosted by Asanpi

I blame you.

And you.

/end sarcasm

/end thread

I will fite u.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]