Thunder Forge Scenario

90 Gnome Mage
Any tips for the Thunder Forge scenario (Last Boss), he kicked my butt! I don't have a repair mount so I just did it until I needed to repair then found out I have to start all over again. This time I would like to go in a bit more prepared so anything you can share that helped would be great. BTW I'm frost spec.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Not sure what your problem is. When I did it on my mage, I completely annihilated him in less than 20 seconds I think.

If you need a heal just Evocate or stand next to that pandaran chick. Stay at range. I always play frost so I'm not sure how the other specs fair.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
^20 seconds my !@# he has a lot of HP and unless your sustained dps is 1m+ you will not drop him in 20 seconds. There's no pandaren chick in this scenario, it's just the Black Prince and a guardian who assists you on the last boss.

That boss can only be DPS-ed when he's attacking your guardian but when you see him casting something you have to move. When he casts the interruptible spell you have to hit the thunder anvil. And when he charges you by banishing your guardian that's when you either Blazing Speed/Blink away (or both) or have your images ready. You can't take melee hits from him.

Temporal Shield is great for this fight if you think you will not be able to dodge his AoE. Cold Snap is also a good talent for this fight as well as it's a self heal and will refresh Ice Block for you.
Edited by Breaktheice on 5/29/2013 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
save the anvil for his big aoe and keeping add alive
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Yeah, I've had a lot of issues with him as well. He transitions between his attack phases like every 10 seconds which means I have almost zero time to dps him. I feel like I spend more time dodging his bombs and running for (inaccessible) heals.

I once got him down to 30%, but then Wrathion inexplicably started the scenario over. I gave up at that point.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Did it my second try as frost (Didn't realize he had a big AoE so I hit all the anvils the first time one right after the other)

Stand at range within blink distance of an anvil you can hit.
DPS when he's on your guardian and not dropping sha goo everywhere.
Hit an anvil when he's charging up his big AoE.
Don't panic.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
91644619100:
Did it my second try as frost (Didn't realize he had a big AoE so I hit all the anvils the first time one right after the other)

Don't panic.

Same took me 2 tries to get him. I didn't know wtf was going on the first time. Also @Severian, Wrathion will reset the scenario if the guardian dies.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
91647418954:
91644619100:

Don't panic.

Same took me 2 tries to get him. I didn't know wtf was going on the first time. Also @Severian, Wrathion will reset the scenario if the guardian dies.

No he doesn't that's only if the Blacksmith dies.

@OP...It's more of a kite fight than anything else. Keep adds off BS until the Sha appears. Once that happens hit an anvil when he starts to cast Insanity. Remember you only have a certain number of anvils so you only want to use them at that time. Don't worry if the Guardian "dies" he will pop back up in a minute or so. When the Sha cast's meteor shower make sure and stay out of the white circles on the ground.

When you do pull agro just kite him around the room with Blink and Blazing Speed. Once the Guardian attacks him again you can DPS some then. Only DPS him when the Guardian has aggro from the other side of the room and you should be fine.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
It's from a poster at wowhead, but I think you will appreciate this advice while others go O.o

1. Get some speed pots
2. Flask and food buff up, repair in the front door corner, wait for ALL your cooldowns
3. Pop the speed pot and zip past the Sha and start clicking on the anvils (you can click on them on the run), run on the inside track and come back around to the shaw but leave the last anvil active
4. The Sha's health is low at this point, did not have time to check what it was exactly but Pop all CD's and zerg boss down, he may cast one insanity, use the last anvil
5. at 20% health, it is over, profit

BTw, It's not at all How I did it. I went in there totally blind and expecting a super easy fight - boy did I come out wrong! I spent a good 2 hours I think from the very beginning till the end, as I basically had to learn everything while there. And here's my advice: it's about mechanics.

I went in thinking it could just dps down everything. Ultimately, it's all about the mechanics. If you just follow them all correctly, step by step, it's be easy. That's in case the wowhead method doesn't work.
Edited by Rentrenus on 5/30/2013 6:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Thanks all my fellow mages for the good advice. I got it in a few attempts this time. It actually wasn't too hard once i realized running away from stuff was more important than dps'ing and just made sure i was near an anvil for his insanity.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Death Knight
Rentrenus
90 Draenei Mage
Leviathan

Edited by Rentrenus on 5/30/13 6:33 PM (PDT)
It's from a poster at wowhead, but I think you will appreciate this advice while others go O.o

1. Get some speed pots
2. Flask and food buff up, repair in the front door corner, wait for ALL your cooldowns
3. Pop the speed pot and zip past the Sha and start clicking on the anvils (you can click on them on the run), run on the inside track and come back around to the shaw but leave the last anvil active
4. The Sha's health is low at this point, did not have time to check what it was exactly but Pop all CD's and zerg boss down, he may cast one insanity, use the last anvil

Does this method still work? I'm about to go out and buy my Darkwater Potion and just wanted to check.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage

1. Get some speed pots

BTw, It's not at all How I did it. I went in there totally blind and expecting a super easy fight - boy did I come out wrong! I spent a good 2 hours I think from the very beginning till the end, as I basically had to learn everything while there. And here's my advice: it's about mechanics.

I went in thinking it could just dps down everything. Ultimately, it's all about the mechanics. If you just follow them all correctly, step by step, it's be easy. That's in case the wowhead method doesn't work.

This this this. worked for me!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Thanks, then I try it tonight!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I don't mean to rant on the forums here, but can Blizzard please take away the final part of this scenario as most players here seem to have a very difficult time doing it due to how difficult it is to solo, or at least redo it to make it easier for most of us here! We don't want to end up having to reattempt this scenario after Warlords of Dranior has been released, ya know!
Edited by Droopylock on 12/4/2013 2:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

1. Get some speed pots

This this this. worked for me!

I'm gonna try that approach out and see if it works for me tommorow as my first approach attempt ended up in an utter 500 gold repair bill fail!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Defending the Blacksmith can be very annoying. Your best bet is to get the Sha off of him ASAP. Use anything in your repertoire. Usually an ice lance or an AE will work. The big ones are harder to kill, but don't hesitate to use an anvil when they are ready. These will recharge completely when the Boss Sha comes out.

The hardest part about the Boss is that people don't notice is when the Debilitating Sha starts to dizzy the Defender. Pay close attention to his state. Make a macro if you have to so you can find the little bugger (he is tinytiny!).

If Meteors are coming down, you HAVE to be moving. They target you more than the random sprays that the Rares spew out do.

Always try to stay near a charged anvil unless he's chasing you. If he starts casting Insanity, you don't want to be having to find one in a panic.

If you're in a tight spot with the defender down (or close to death), using an anvil will not only disrupt whatever the Boss Sha is doing but also heal the Defender.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
any tips on dodging "You are being chased by lightning" seems to get me every time
Edited by Idieudie on 10/31/2014 2:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]