Alueim's Appetizing Tiramisu (Healer OT)

90 Blood Elf Monk
As far as I can tell, Naer is as hard as herself as I am when it comes to healing. Even if I'm doing "good" - it's not good enough.

Dat striving for perfection. It's what separates the good from the great.
90 Draenei Shaman
91600518441:
So. Raid ended kind of early since we rekilled everything super fast last night... except I couldn't fall asleep until almost 4 in the morning. I know I could technically go back to bed and not be running on 4 hours of sleep, but I don't really do naps.

Life is pain.

ugh, I hate insomnia.
90 Blood Elf Monk
Also

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Throne_of_Thunder/Dark_Animus/25H/hps/

15 world, 5th MW.

I'll take it. I'm gunning for top MW, and possibly top world before this tier is over. This is the one fight I know I can parse on.

91607916989:
ugh, I hate insomnia.

It's not even insomnia. For some reason, my right leg kept bothering me. Like it went numb for a little while and I figured it was because I had been sitting on it all night. Then I started getting paranoid about every little thing that happened. lol
Edited by Mist on 5/29/2013 7:01 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Priest
Oh Mist. ^^;

That and MOAR REJUV SPAM.
I mean seriously. I was SO CLOSE to beating him on Horridon. Then he popped his shrooms. Darn him.
90 Night Elf Monk
/highpaw Mist

Man I kinda love it when my co-healer beats me on the meters. I mean, I rib him about how pally mastery is cheating, but all in all I really like having a competent teammate. Especially so when I'm tanking ... I know he's there to carry me :3
90 Night Elf Priest
91603216650:
I know he's there to carry me :3

LOL

Sometimes I feel that way. That feeling just makes me want to become better. To understand how the different classes work together. Not a bad thing, got to hit rock bottom before one can climb to the top.
90 Human Priest
91603716803:
And I enjoyed our Jin'rohk kill last night (normal, of course); H priest managed to die on 2nd puddle, Disc priest got chain-targeted for the lightning ball; I popped HTT for the Storm, and WoL shows I shot up to 500k hps, rofl.

This is what our heroic kills look like sometimes... 3 healers alive for 70% of the fight.
90 Draenei Shaman
91607917015:
To understand how the different classes work together.

Yep; the more you understand what other classes do, the better you get at healing. It might mean that you realize that tossing Pain Suppression on the pally tank isn't terribly efficient if he's already under the effects of Divine Protection (you know, unless it's been called for because every little bit will help mitigate something that could otherwise 1-shot him), or it might mean that you learn to not snipe your resto druid's HoTs by healing people up to full instead of leaving them to tick (leaving you with more mana, or "down time" to Smite... even though Smiting will snipe some of the HoTs, it's still useful by virtue of helping to kill the boss that little bit faster).

91603216670:
91603716803:
And I enjoyed our Jin'rohk kill last night (normal, of course); H priest managed to die on 2nd puddle, Disc priest got chain-targeted for the lightning ball; I popped HTT for the Storm, and WoL shows I shot up to 500k hps, rofl.

This is what our heroic kills look like sometimes... 3 healers alive for 70% of the fight.

I went through a really frustrated phase this past month where I was getting so impatient with 3-healing. Our dps'ers tend to be good enough for us to 3-heal fights, but we aren't weak healers. I feel like we're just allowing them (... and ourselves, the healers, too) to stay derpy by healing through all the avoidable damage we take.

... however... that's... our reality. There are too many of our raiders - who are *friends*, people we *want* to raid with - who would not have fun if they were pushed to get "better" in that way. They already push to figure out how to do more dps; if we spent however much time wiping to progression bosses because of failure to deal with mechanics *perfectly* (and lack of a 3rd healer to cover that up) we'd lose some of our friends.

Ask me again in a week; I'm sure I'll be impatient with it again soon enough ;)
Edited by Ellarix on 5/29/2013 7:35 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Priest
Oops I did it again.

You see my problem is this
I'm clicking away
Wishing that one shots, they truly exist
I die, watching the bars
Can't you see I'm a fool in so many ways
But to lose all my senses
That is just so typically me
Baby, oh

Oops!... I did it again
I dispelled in the puddle, got lost in the game
Oh, baby, baby
Oops!... You think I'm a priest
That I'm actually paying attention
I'm not that good-at-it
90 Blood Elf Monk
WHY
90 Human Priest
91605216952:
Even if I'm doing "good" - it's not good enough.

It always surprises me when people *aren't* like this!
90 Night Elf Priest
91640416493:
91605216952:
Even if I'm doing "good" - it's not good enough.

Same. I've been this way in everything I've ever done.

I get ..erm. I get a bit obsessive. I couldn't sleep last night because I was too busy thinking.
90 Blood Elf Monk
Yeah. It blows my mind that people settle for mediocrity, but I guess SOMEONE has to be bad.
90 Night Elf Priest
I get all my bad out on the first boss.
91640416493:

My old raid group was predominantly like this. Keywords in this being old raid group. ;)
90 Human Priest
I just keep myself humble at all times. There's always something I can do better.
90 Night Elf Priest
Yeah, it's only positive if it's against yourself. Sure you can inwardly (THAT REJUV SPAM...oh wait, inwardly) be competitive with your fellow players. But only to push yourself. When it gets cruel you cease being a good sportsman.
90 Night Elf Priest
I am a perfectionist. If it's not perfect i do it until it is. Pretty much why i re-start levels in video games so much because it drives me crazy.

Why i chicken out of raiding with my guild or why I did before i decided i was going to level this priest because I was afraid of being bad.
91640516639:
Yeah, it's only positive if it's against yourself. Sure you can inwardly (THAT REJUV SPAM...oh wait, inwardly) be competitive with your fellow players. But only to push yourself. When it gets cruel you cease being a good sportsman.

Exactly this.

Though, I sometimes to attempt to beat them just to beat them because my guild has an.... issue.. with wanting to 3 heal everything unless we need DPS or if it is proven that having 3 healers is pants on head retarded. That's for a good cause though, right?
90 Night Elf Priest
I think so. A great cause even.

91640516650:
I am a perfectionist. If it's not perfect i do it until it is. Pretty much why i re-start levels in video games so much because it drives me crazy.

Why i chicken out of raiding with my guild or why I did before i decided i was going to level this priest because I was afraid of being bad.

Every ngiht before raid I feel this way. I don't think you're alone in this. I'm terrified of being bad.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]