How's Retri nowadays? (PVP)

100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm considering switching to Retri, since I'm really unsatisfied with my Holy spec for PvP after 5.3 came to live.

I've hit the 25.000 Conquests Points season mark, so I can buy Tyrannical with Honor, which makes things easier.

But my questions are: should I bother bulding my Retri spec or just try another class? Is Retri more viable now for PvP than it was in previous patches? Is Retri usefull for arena comps and rbgs, or people still excluding the class?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Ret has some decent comps now, but they're mostly still comps that work a bit better if the ret is something other than ret.

With the buffs, it's becoming less undesirable in RBGs, but it's still not really sought after.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
As Cayse says, no group with a Ret paladin is going to be as good as with another player. Same as with holy paladins right now. Reroll away from a paladin if you plan on PvPing.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Any suggestion for a reroll? I'll have to start from 0 anyway, I don't wanna do something like Paladin again!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Reroll away from a paladin if you plan on PvPing.

lol'd.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
IMO Ret is in the best place it's been in ages. If you like being a utility machine that dishes out huge off heals with Selfless Healer and being able to get your teammates out of CC's while also having some of the best burst in the game, then ret is for you. I'm really enjoying it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Ret/hunter/disc is arguably the 2nd best hunter/disc/X comp only behind jungle cleave (feral druid).

It's on par with DK/Hunter/Disc, on par with and arguably better than beast cleave (enhance), and definitely better than thug cleave (rogue) and KFC (hunter).

Ret is definitely better than it's been in a long time. Our representation still isn't great, but I was able to get 2400+ with it, so it's not that bad.

Looking through the ladders, there are 4 or 5 higher rated rets than that, so it's certainly not impossible, but ret is definitely viable right now (probably not rank 1, but certainly 2200+ with strong play and a decent comp).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Any suggestion for a reroll? I'll have to start from 0 anyway, I don't wanna do something like Paladin again!

Go druid.

It's like paladin, but every spec is better.

Or Warlock, all specs are viable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Blizzard has been slowly buffing us more and more in MoP, and honestly, I think we're in the best place we've ever been. Ever.

Add to that the new arena feature where you can view your opponents and swap talent as needed? Lots of fun and strategizing to be had, nowadays.

In general, Ret's PvP sustained damage was weak in 5.1-5.2, but feels good in 5.3. Burst has been good since the beginning of MoP, and has only gotten better. Same with support abilities.

You really just have to accept your role as support DPS who can burst crazy stupid awesome damage every two minutes. Your arena games will be more about watching your teammates than watching your enemies - that is our current state, and our future for an undisclosed amount of time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
As Cayse says, no group with a Ret paladin is going to be as good as with another player. Same as with holy paladins right now. Reroll away from a paladin if you plan on PvPing.

LMFAO.. If you plan on rbg'ing reroll.. If you plan on pvp'ing ie arenas... learn to play our class and you'll be fine. A bit more survivability is all we really need to be in a fantastic place.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]