PVP Jams

90 Orc Warrior
We've established threads which give a basic background to the person behind the character and even what literature we indulge in while we are afk. I am just wondering what music my fellow Vecoers like to listen to--namely when PVP'ing. I for example, enjoy listening to Pelican or other similar post-rock bands such as Jakob, Russian Circles...etc...What do you guys/gals listen to?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I listen to metal. Whitechapel, Despised Icon, Job for a Cowboy. If I'm in a nostalgic mood I crank up the 80's and 90'd tunes. Depeche Mode, INXS...anything but hair bands really. :)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
((Just for running around I usually listen to Nerdcore: MC Frontalot, MC Chris, Optimus Rhyme, Supercommuter, and Adam Warrock being my current favorites. When it's PVP time, Im either in vent leading, or in BGs its ususally: Dragonforce, Girl Talk and 3 6 mafia))
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Love this thread already! My PvP tunes tend to be rap from the 80's or 90's. Or just something that makes me smile and puts me in a good mood. I really love PvP but I don't like to take it too seriously. I'm there to have fun, and my PvP music reflects that a bit, I think.

PvP Playlist Most Played:

"It's Tricky" - Run-DMC (Most played on the playlist. Rydelle's PvP theme song! Grr!)
"Mamma Said Knock You Out" - LL Cool J
"So What'cha Want" - Beastie Boys (Huge Beastie fan...)
"None Of Your Business" - Salt-N-Pepa
"Wannabe" - Spice Girls (Not a word...Not one single word)
"Can I Kick It?" - A Tribe Called Quest (its nice for the those rez walks...)

If I'm just out grinding through levels, exploring or doing dailies I tend to listen to the in-game music. But when I do have tunes going it tends to be the same stuff I listen to around the house, Led Zeppelin, RUSH, The Cure, The Cars, Cake, Beck, R.E.M., Radiohead, Tom Petty, Johnny Flynn, Sondre Lerche, Alexi Murdoch and Van Morrison!
Edited by Rydelle on 5/29/2013 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Maximum the Hormone is the best PvP music I've come across... bikini sports ponchin, buiikikausu, rokkinpo goroshi! Otherwise Tool, Sabbath, Megadeth, Disturbed if I'm feeling particularly angry.
I save the nice stuff for other things.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest
Anything by Ensiferum or Amon Amarth is a good way to go.

Throw on some Viking or Folk metal and you're good to go. If I'm in a particularly bloodthirsty mood, there's Norwegian black metal and Cradle of Filth.

Some bands I suggest, all on Spotify:
Moonsorrow (Haaska, 1069: Aika)
Ensiferum (Anything. Absolutley anything.)
Cadacross (So Pale is the Light)
Amon Amarth (Twilight of the Thunder God)
Blind Guardian (Most songs)
Arcturus (Anything. They're all amazing.)
Dimmu Borgir (Storm Blast, Godless Savage Garden)
Cradle of Filth (Basically their entire Dusk and Her Embrace album)
Eluveitie (Anything from Arcane Dominion or Helvetios)
Dunderbeist (great PvP jam)
Garden of Shadows (Twilight Odyssey)
Enslaved (I suggest Beneath the Lights)
Wolfchant (Turning to Red, for sure)
Finntroll (Fiskarens Fiende)
Finsterforst (Limited selection, but it works)
Eternal Tears of Sorrow (ALL OF IT)
Exsecratus (Not my cup of tea, but good)
Leviathan (Summoning Lupine, Liar of Nazareth)
Insane Clown Posse (Carnival of Carnage, Assassins, The Juggla)
Metsatoll (Entirety of Ulg)
Norther (Circle Regenerated)
Myrkgrav (Trollskau, Skromt og Kolabrenning)
Wintersun (Time I)
Old Man's Child (Born of the Flickering)
Nightwish (Imaginaerum, Oceanborn)
Satyricon (Mother North)
Red Fang (Red Fang, self titled)
Skyclad (Old Rope)
Solefald (Song til Stormen always gets me in a PvP mood)
Windir (1184)

That's a tiny selection of my thousands of songs and hundreds of albums.
All of it is great for some PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
91640417794:
My PvP tunes tend to be rap from the 80's or 90's.[/u]

I love 80's-early 90's rap as well which I generally turn on while questing because it's more chill. Some of my favorites are EPMD, Eric B and Rakim, Kool G Rap, Marley Marl, and of course Grandmaster Flash...the old stuff is the best!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Myself
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
((Actually, after reviewing my playlists last night, it turns out I mostly listen to Disney soundtracks......))
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest
91642919324:
((Actually, after reviewing my playlists last night, it turns out I mostly listen to Disney soundtracks......))

Disney has a fine selection of music. Don't be ashamed in the slightest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
My current good luck song for 2v2 is Call Me Maybe. it was what i listened to on repeat when I went to 1650. Then I lost that 2s partner cause he got his conquest catchup thing done =/

Outside of that my playlist consists of a mixture of current and classic country, standards, 80s early 90s rock, 90s pop, Eminem, Dubstep remixes of Legend Of Zelda music, and various other current artists. (No Biebs or anything haha)
Edited by Kreinlich on 5/30/2013 3:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
91647520614:
My current good luck song for 2v2 is Call Me Maybe. it was what i listened to on repeat when I went to 1650. Then I lost that 2s partner cause he got his conquest catchup thing done =/

(( sounds like time to break out the Adele))
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Anything metal...doesn't matter what decade I like it all.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest
91642917249:
Maximum the Hormone

That's the Japanese metalcore(?) band, right?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
They are wilber if you have seen death note the theme from that is one of their songs

and I just listen to what ever pandora gives me
Edited by Vernen on 5/30/2013 11:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I love 80's-early 90's rap as well which I generally turn on while questing because it's more chill. Some of my favorites are EPMD, Eric B and Rakim, Kool G Rap, Marley Marl, and of course Grandmaster Flash...the old stuff is the best!

I was listening to Grandmaster Flash while pvping with you tonight! lol Thanks for the pvp fun, you bring the hurt! And I like it! Looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield again! :)
Reply Quote
Lately,

ABACABB, Have Heart, State Champs, Incendiary, or Recon.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
NIN, Killing Joke, Rage Against the Machine, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Pixies, My Bloody Valentine, Sisters of Mercy, The Cult, Swans, 65daysofstatic, and on....

for less intense gaming time, if I am not listening to the in-game music I like Boards of Canada, brian Eno, Aphex Twin, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Alcoholic Faith Mission, M83, Stars of the Lid, and on...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

(( sounds like time to break out the Adele))

"Someone like you" and I went to 1689 in RBGs haha
Edited by Kreinlich on 5/31/2013 2:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]