Shockadin?

100 Human Priest
Hey all,

I am leveling a new pally and im leveling holy (with the intention of healing endgame of course) but upon looking through the glyphs and talents and such I was wondering if the old school "shockadin" might be a possibility.

Just wondering if anyone has tried it at 90 just for fun or anything of that effect. With the free hit for denounce and holy shock, and the glyphs to change word of glory into an attack, it seems it might be a fun spec to try at endgame. Obviously not for serious endgame progression or anything.

Any thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
it's a fun playstyle, makes dailies less of a grind as holy and it can put out some real good burst with CDs but after that you fall flat on your face. best part really is if you go healidan/shockadin then you can get away with carry one set of gear. unless you want to go on a full out crit-haste build with a shockadin
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Harsh words is really nice for low lvl pvp,cant tell about 90 since im not there yet.
Edited by Bishamonten on 6/1/2013 4:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It's fine, but slows down steadily starting about 70 until the low 80's. At 90 it's pretty slow without serious gear.

In any raiding, even with a serious spirit/regen focus, you don't have the mana to last most bosses.
Reply Quote
Harsh words is really nice for low lvl pvp,cant tell about 90 since im not there yet.

Harsh Words is a lie!

" approximately equal to the amount it would have healed. "

All lies.

My WoG hits for about 80k or so and crits for somewhere around 150k...

Harsh words does like 13k dmg.. No where near " Approximately Equal"

And Res shouldn't lower it by that much.

I was disappointed with that Glyph. :<
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Im a casual player, that no longer PVP's, so take what I say with that in mind.

I love Paladin healing, however I'm a ranged player at heart. I leveled from 1-90 as holy, and I have enjoyed it, as I have never been in a huge hurry.
I do all, ALL my dailies as holy and have no problems. Would Ret be faster? Yes. However it really dosent take me that long with the right glyphs. Atleast I tell myself that.

Your not going to be dps in heroics, or raids. No not even LFR.
Your not going to kill anyone at solo pvp unless they have no fingers. Well maaaaaaaaybe but it would take forever.

If you like it for dailies and such do it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

Your not going to kill anyone at solo pvp unless they have no fingers. Well maaaaaaaaybe but it would take forever.

I killed a 90 hunter once.. Shocked him to death over about 20 minutes. But I got him!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
06/01/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Jardev
Your not going to be dps in heroics, or raids. No not even LFR.

I've done heroics and LFR as shock in 5.2, the damage isn't bad (it's actually better in LFR than heroics, because of how common it is to aoe zerg heroics and holy really has none), the problem is sustainability and hating being holy.

http://i.imgur.com/rcwmhhK.jpg This is Will, in 5.2, with an unenchanted 522 weapon and the rest 476 pvp gear, gemmed straight green spirit gems, crappy enchants, and without caster trinkets (both trinkets together gave about 1500 haste and nothing else of value).

My damage held in the low 50k range up until about the sixth minute of the fight when I just ran out of tricks to get mana back.
Edited by Cayse on 6/1/2013 5:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Any thoughts?

Its fun. I run a classic healer setup and a shock spec. I have pvp & pve gear for both, so I run with 4 sets of gear at all times

http://www.youtube.com/user/Tenacius2200

a few videos I made of shockadin pve and pvp
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
06/01/2013 04:31 PMPosted by Ritalin

Harsh Words is a lie!

" approximately equal to the amount it would have healed. "

All lies.

My WoG hits for about 80k or so and crits for somewhere around 150k...

Harsh words does like 13k dmg.. No where near " Approximately Equal"

And Res shouldn't lower it by that much.

I was disappointed with that Glyph. :<

Is it possible it is bugged and being reduced by resilience and battle fatigue?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]