Cancelaura Rune of Re-origination?

92 Human Monk
Is there a reason we can't remove the buff?

Is my macro wrong?
(assumed it to be simple as this)

/cast Tigereye Brew
/cancelaura Re-origination

Thought this would be a good PvP trinket, but if we have to wait til the proc is near ending to get the full use of our burst (regain our crit/haste i mean) it feels much more restrictive
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
I've tried everything to be able to cancel it, and couldn't find it either or get it to work. I think that is working as intended, but if anyone knows how to cancel this - I'd appreciate the info as well.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
You can not cancelaura the buff.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
it feels much more restrictive

I believe thats the point.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Thought this would be a good PvP trinket

I tried using this in PvP this morning and it seems they've done something to make is horrible in PvP. When it procced, my mastery actually went down. Not sure what exactly they did, but it's not viable in PvP at all.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Such an OP trinket for monks. If you we're able to cancel the "buff" it'd be an even more massive dps increase.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
I tried using this in PvP this morning and it seems they've done something to make is horrible in PvP. When it procced, my mastery actually went down. Not sure what exactly they did, but it's not viable in PvP at all.

Your mastery went down because your crit is higher. AFAIK it uses the unbuffed values to determine which stats are changed, which means that in your current gear you'd be getting the crit buff and losing all of your mastery and haste.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It uses the buffed at the current moment of proc secondary stat levels to determine which one it chooses. I discovered I had a problem using talisman of bloodlust and one of my weapons with windsong. At any given time I went from procing mastery to procing either crit or haste.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Your mastery went down because your crit is higher. AFAIK it uses the unbuffed values to determine which stats are changed, which means that in your current gear you'd be getting the crit buff and losing all of your mastery and haste.

Though with the mastery buff I had, my mastery was my highest of the 3. Maybe I can test again to be sure, but I'm fairly certain I had a 8/8. Regardless, I'm very interested in the PvP use of this trinket. If anyone could do some testing on this, please report back.
Edited by Kanojocho on 6/7/2013 7:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
Well, according to Blizzard's explanation of how the trinket works, the mastery raid buff doesn't count, which is why I said "unbuffed" (I wasn't even considering trinket or Windsong procs, heh).
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Well, according to Blizzard's explanation of how the trinket works, the mastery raid buff doesn't count, which is why I said "unbuffed" (I wasn't even considering trinket or Windsong procs, heh).

The mastery raid buff does not affect it (but it does add to the total mastery score when calculating TeB %)

Windsong DOES, and i would think at that point mastery/haste/crit procs from trinkets might also screw with it.

I had to ditch the windsong procs on my weapons to use RoRo reliably
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
06/07/2013 07:30 AMPosted by Kanojocho

Though with the mastery buff I had, my mastery was my highest of the 3. Maybe I can test again to be sure, but I'm fairly certain I had a 8/8. Regardless, I'm very interested in the PvP use of this trinket. If anyone could do some testing on this, please report back.

You need to look at the actual rating numbers, not the %. For example you have 5526 mastery rating (crit is 6898) and while the mastery buff will boost that percentage (from 3.44% to what ever) the actual rating of 5526 mastery will remain the same.
Edited by Dûchene on 6/7/2013 8:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Was this ever accurately tested in pvp?
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Monk
I believe this was built in as a safe-guard. There have been many trinkets/procs/etc in the past that people have taken a creative use of...

It'd be incredibly easy for WW monks to do, since they could simply tiger brew and then cancel immediately. The nature of the proc keeps it from just being over the top retardedly OP for WW monks, instead of just mostly over the top OP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]