pvp HOLY pallies- how you doin?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just can't bring myself to get back out there. I feel so vulnerable and ineffective. How about you guys? And I don't mean in randoms since randoms are too easy...how are you guys fairing in rbgs and arenas? Should I just try to hop back on that horse?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I actually feel REALLY strong in arenas right now, the aura mastery and divine protection changes were huge, being able to remove blankets has saved myself and my partners so many times.

So far I've played boomkin/lock/hpal, rogue/dk/hpal, boomkin/warr/hpal, and rogue/boomy/hpal, of them boomy lock felt best so if you want an easy and fun comp I'd advise that.

But yeah I think holy finally feels pretty good in arenas. As for RBGs I haven't done them since the divine protection thing got fixed but last week I was noticing a huge increase in my healing from switching to the int gems.

Overall, I think the changes are great and pallies are actually in a decent spot, if we could get some better ability to avoid fears than speed of light we'd be golden.
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
Martymcfly, do you even have a Holy spec? According to armory you are Ret / Prot?

I was struggling at start have since went crit build and liking it so far. Yet to do RBGs with crit build though. I'm a little gun shy myself.
Edited by Boudecca on 5/29/2013 2:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
91644517342:
Martymcfly, do you even have a Holy spec? According to armory you are Ret / Prot?

I was struggling at start have since went crit build and liking it so far. Yet to do RBGs with crit build though. I'm a little gun shy myself.

Yeah I play ret pve, ret pvp, prot pve and holy pvp so I have to juggle specs.

I'm playing mastery still personally I prefer it. I don't like crit because I hate unreliable stats.
Edited by Martymcfly on 5/29/2013 3:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I haven't enjoyed PVP at all lately. I honestly can't enjoy the game playing PVP knowing that PVE gear is better for me. I just don't see the sense in Arena gear and capping out anymore
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9165786787?page=1#2

Nuff Said...

Edit: We don't shine on the meters in RBG's but if you run Recount we make up for it in absorbs and Repent Spec for the extra CC going out every 15 seconds. Even if you are running Eternal Flame and trying to Pad meters you prob wont touch the other healers on the chart.
Edited by Landem on 5/30/2013 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Running eternal flame isn't padding meters it's playing holy in rbgs how you're supposed to play it. Sacred shield is !@#$ing terrible when there are 10 people to heal all taking spread pressure.

And if you are using eternal flame you can TOP healing, I'm usually 1-2 million above or below the monk healers in rbgs at ~2100-2150 mmr.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm usually 1-2 million above or below the monk healers in rbgs at ~2100-2150 mmr.

Just show him a screenshot of it marty
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/31/2013 07:15 AMPosted by Tenacius
I'm usually 1-2 million above or below the monk healers in rbgs at ~2100-2150 mmr.

Just show him a screenshot of it marty

Heh it's extremely rare that I screenshot an RBG but I actually did a few months ago around 1950~

http://i.imgur.com/9KPMRxC.png

my actual healing on recount with absorbs was about 29 million.
Edited by Martymcfly on 5/31/2013 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
To... much... holy lock.... i have to cast a good portion of my spells giving way to many opportunities to lock me out for 7 seconds and aura mastery doesn't help :c I just got a little tired of watching a resto druids dps stay at full hp and he has cast once... while me on the other hand not so much.

But now IM RET... and I still gotta heal >.>
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
To... much... holy lock.... i have to cast a good portion of my spells giving way to many opportunities to lock me out for 7 seconds and aura mastery doesn't help :c I just got a little tired of watching a resto druids dps stay at full hp and he has cast once... while me on the other hand not so much.

But now IM RET... and I still gotta heal >.>

Resto druids instants do not heal through two people dealing the damage their classes actually can, in fact pallies are actually one of the best classes in terms of lockouts, we very rarely should get them due to how powerful holy shock wog and our extra holy power on flash of light are.

Druids get nature locked on clones and regrowths, shamans get nature locked on hexes and healing surges, priests get locked on penance and flashes occasionally, monks well !@#$ monks but they can be locked out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]