megarea healing advice

100 Human Paladin
well thanks for the advice but were going to 3 heal it anyways were a casual guild since MoP had to rebuild the guild since most everyone left after cata and the server died so were dont have the best dps right now. also i hate the boomkin spec so much, pick a druid to heal lol

were doing GRGRGBR (hate blue so much)

Comes to forums for advice gets a very nice informative post explaining why they are having problems on said boss fight with a good solution then is like nah we are going to 3 heal it and fail over and over because apparently he didn't read what the nice Monk posted.

/boggle
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's been successfully done with 2 or 3 healers. If he wants to 3 heal it then the DPS better crank out some bigger numbers. I did my first night of attempts on Meg last night and we were limited by the gear check on our off tank.... Turn your head for a minute aaaaaand he's dead D'oh!
We were 3 healing since we have really good DPS and a tank that needed a little extra heals.. ok maybe a lot of extra heals (poor guy is an off-spec tank with a lot of sub 500 gear)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
05/31/2013 08:56 AMPosted by Tiriel
I don't think we should judge someone on a few angry posts. Everyone desrves a few slips while progressing on the forums.

I'm judging!

Haha. Maybe she's the type that remains quiet on Vent/Mumble but feels the need to vent on the forums.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's been successfully done with 2 or 3 healers. If he wants to 3 heal it then the DPS better crank out some bigger numbers. I did my first night of attempts on Meg last night and we were limited by the gear check on our off tank.... Turn your head for a minute aaaaaand he's dead D'oh!
We were 3 healing since we have really good DPS and a tank that needed a little extra heals.. ok maybe a lot of extra heals (poor guy is an off-spec tank with a lot of sub 500 gear)

That can happen if they get a lot of stacks from red head. And one of the best ways to deal with that... is to 2heal. :P

Edit: we did 3heal it the first week, and I can understand guilds 3healing it on their progression kills. However, at this point, it has been nerfed pretty significantly and I think most people are currently at a gear level where 2healing should usually not be an issue. ...some people insist on 4healing it, though, so w/e.
Edited by Icecreamsoup on 5/31/2013 9:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
some people insist on 4healing it, though, so w/e.

O.o
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
well thanks for the advice but were going to 3 heal it anyways were a casual guild since MoP had to rebuild the guild since most everyone left after cata and the server died so were dont have the best dps right now. also i hate the boomkin spec so much, pick a druid to heal lol

Comes to forums for advice gets a very nice informative post explaining why they are having problems on said boss fight with a good solution then is like nah we are going to 3 heal it and fail over and over because apparently he didn't read what the nice Monk posted.

/boggle

i ask advice on myself not the raid comp and other people said they have 3 healed it also

stop being a douchbag and read the thread kthx
Edited by Nillie on 5/31/2013 10:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
O.o

That's what I thought when the group I joined wanted to. It died in 1 attempt, though, so w/e.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
i ask advice on myself not the raid comp and other people said they have 3 healed it also

The thing is, the problem *is* your raid comp, not yourself, so improving your HPS by 10k isn't going to get the job done. It may not be the answer you want, but with low DPS, it is the best answer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

The thing is, the problem *is* your raid comp, not yourself, so improving your HPS by 10k isn't going to get the job done. It may not be the answer you want, but with low DPS, it is the best answer.

true but were getting to the last heads so we gear our dps a little more and tanks and some of healers get better luck on gear boom it be killed
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Or, you could have it dead already. Your choice.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
She's always having a bad hair day. It's a waste of a good brain, all the knowledge and skill and nothing but snark comes from it.

Telling me that WM should not be in top 3 heals for Megaera and that Treants are good, doesn't speak kindly to this supposed "knowledge"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
"nothing but snark comes from it"
Edited by Naérdriel on 5/31/2013 12:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

its not going happen thats the problem we wont 2 heal it cause none of us healers feel like we can and also the monk/shaman offspec gear sucks so either i switch to my rogue or we 3 heal it and yup 3 heal
Edited by Nillie on 5/31/2013 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well hopefully your dps steps it up then :D! We 3 healed it and our issue was low DPS, but people worked hard and upped their DPS and we got the kill. Now the boss isn't an issue at all for us.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
05/31/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Nillie

its not going happen thats the problem we wont 2 heal it cause none of us healers feel like we can and also the monk/shaman offspec gear sucks so either i switch to my rogue or we 3 heal it and yup 3 heal

What they are saying is the fight is going on far too long. My guild 3 healed it and killed it in a little over 7 minutes. 8+ with the boss still up means more mana the healers have to spend to keep people up. Basically your groups dps is too low. Those who are suggesting 2 healing are doing so because that is one of the easiest ways to increase dps. You don't have to 2 heal it, but if you don't your dps needs to step it up or you won't kill the boss, simple as that.
Edited by Trolljin on 5/31/2013 1:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
05/31/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Nillie

I just viewed your log from the OP. I know very little about monk and shaman healing so I can't help your co-healers. I havn't read the entire thread so I apologize if I'm going over advice already given out.
Taking 2healing out of the equation as a possibility, then you need to optimize your personal healing strategy;

I see 0 wild mushrooms dropped, unless I'm viewing the logs incorrectly.

1; Have your raid leader drop world markers for a stack point for each and every rampage. Before the pull, drop shrooms at the stack point for the first rampage AND charge them before the pull.
Bloom the shrooms during rampage when people are <50-60% health.
When every rampage ends, you immediately drop 3 shrooms at the next stack point - the second the rampage ends.

If you do this properly, the first 3-4 rampages become a joke, as in you don't need to use a single personal cooldown (tranq, incarnation) Shrooms are now that strong.
If the first 3-4 rampages are easily covered by shrooms and every other healers usual aoe healing, that free's up cooldowns for between the later rampages for emergency when you're blowing most of your mana saving people from poison bombs or cinders. Don't forget to set a cooldown rotation for those paladins to use Devo Aura.

Try to get the Shaman to use MTT twice. (Use it as early as possible when all healer will benefit)

When are you lusting? Save it for the end when ish' really hits the fan. Makes that final head go far faster - Should be able to down the boss before rampage ends or very soon after; At this point of the fight Rampages are the easy part to heal. (Particularly with shaman druid monk healers)

So yeah bud, shrooms. Use them. Do some LFR's to get used to using them on rotation for rampages.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/31/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Tonydanza

I just viewed your log from the OP. I know very little about monk and shaman healing so I can't help your co-healers. I havn't read the entire thread so I apologize if I'm going over advice already given out.
Taking 2healing out of the equation as a possibility, then you need to optimize your personal healing strategy;

I see 0 wild mushrooms dropped, unless I'm viewing the logs incorrectly.

1; Have your raid leader drop world markers for a stack point for each and every rampage. Before the pull, drop shrooms at the stack point for the first rampage AND charge them before the pull.
Bloom the shrooms during rampage when people are <50-60% health.
When every rampage ends, you immediately drop 3 shrooms at the next stack point - the second the rampage ends.

If you do this properly, the first 3-4 rampages become a joke, as in you don't need to use a single personal cooldown (tranq, incarnation) Shrooms are now that strong.
If the first 3-4 rampages are easily covered by shrooms and every other healers usual aoe healing, that free's up cooldowns for between the later rampages for emergency when you're blowing most of your mana saving people from poison bombs or cinders. Don't forget to set a cooldown rotation for those paladins to use Devo Aura.

Try to get the Shaman to use MTT twice. (Use it as early as possible when all healer will benefit)

When are you lusting? Save it for the end when ish' really hits the fan. Makes that final head go far faster - Should be able to down the boss before rampage ends or very soon after; At this point of the fight Rampages are the easy part to heal. (Particularly with shaman druid monk healers)

So yeah bud, shrooms. Use them. Do some LFR's to get used to using them on rotation for rampages.

i hate the spell so much but yea i will be using it now probably only on this fight...... since the first druid told me that and yes DPS as set it up but i wont count it on lol
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
They're OP on this fight. Any druid not using them on megaera is severely gimping themselves and their raid. Do your best to charge them up between rampages.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I do more on my alt. god dam Just stop

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-u4n4vx079wjl2wfm/sum/healingDone/?s=10449&e=10830

k.

Guys, are we really just going to pretend like this didn't happen? Jesus.... That was pretty epic.
Elitist comes to the thread talking down to someone, mentioning how their almighty skills make even their alt get better numbers....
Links show..... something else (to put it lightly). LOL. I love it when this kind of stuff happens. I really love it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC

I will honestly say doing Green more than once is making your life much, much harder,

Just Stop...... If Mushrooms are doing ur top healing ur doing it wrong....
It should be Rejuv , Wild Growth , Swiftmend , (Lifebloom , Mushrooms or Other way around)
You wanna make sure you have a swiftmend for every rampage though and Get treants.

Have to say I actually don't agree with this. When my rsham lets me actually do some healing on Megaera (we 2heal this on heroic, mind you), my mushrooms will consistently be #2-#3 on my total healing. I also do not agree with using treants, it literally f'ing healed for 200k total after something like 3-4 heads. Maybe I wasn't reading Skada right about their output, but it was absolute crap compared to Incarnation where I could get instant heals on those who are low.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]