megarea healing advice

90 Human Priest
It takes far more than just raid hours to be able to raid on that consistent a basis. He likely spends upwards of 6-10hours a day.

As someone who raids no more than 10 hours a week and is absolutely swimming in flasks and food while watching his income go up constantly while paying for his own enchants and gems, I'm not sure I believe this statement. I don't even know how to make money efficiently in this game and I'd say the amount of time I have to use to prep for raid time is about 20 minutes a day (to be clear, when I say swimming, I mean with just farming and nomi I always have 20+ flasks of two different varieties and stacks and stacks of food).

p.s. Nixxe basically doesn't raid any more than I do.
Edited by Tsilyi on 6/4/2013 6:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Paladin
It's one thing to argue character, it's another to judge character. Who is anyone to judge? Just stop Tony...

Me, I judge, it's a defining class abil...

Oh shoot, I don't judge, I'm not level 5 yet :(

On topic, our team is having no problems with rampages but things seem to fall apart between the rampages later on. Which kill order do people think is best (we're trying grgrbrg)...
Edited by Ellibad on 6/4/2013 11:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I read through a couple of the posts, but I wanted to touch on the tank healing. I apologize if this has already been addressed.

What we did when we got 2 new healers was put the two stacking markers, then a few yards behind them we put another marker. These were dictated as the 'tank healer' markers. No one but the healer healing the tank on that side was allowed to stand there. That kept the moving around to a minimum from Fire, Ice, etc while keeping you in range of your tank at all times.

For healing we would split up responsibilities as follows:
-One healer focused on One tank
-One healer focused on the Other tank
-One healer focused on dispels and raid

If one of the tank healers got targeted by ice, the raid healer would pick up their tank and the kiting healer would help spot heal the raid until they were able to reposition.

We found assigning these types of roles really helped with the tank healing and took away the burden of feeling like you have to oom yourself keeping both tanks alive who are more than likely getting smashed.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Comes to forums for advice gets a very nice informative post explaining why they are having problems on said boss fight with a good solution then is like nah we are going to 3 heal it and fail over and over because apparently he didn't read what the nice Monk posted.

/boggle

i ask advice on myself not the raid comp and other people said they have 3 healed it also

stop being a douchbag and read the thread kthx

What a surprise you still haven't killed it. Sure you can 3 heal hell you can probably run 2 tanks and 8 disc priests atonement spaming so 8 healing it on normal. Its cool thou I get a laugh checking this thread every couple days.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
You call that nothing? Your ignorance utterly disgusts me. I have to sacrifice so much just to raid 3.5hours A WEEK. And you know what, raiding 4 hours a day? You damn well better be heroic. And furthermore, you should not be on a forum bragging about it. I'd be flat out embarassed to admit if I raided 4hours a day. That's utterly pathetic unless you're actually paid to play wow.

How much do you sacrifice to rant at/insult/attack people on a nearly daily basis on these forums?

What a surprise you still haven't killed it. Sure you can 3 heal hell you can probably run 2 tanks and 8 disc priests atonement spaming so 8 healing it on normal. Its cool thou I get a laugh checking this thread every couple days.

Is the OP even around still? o.o This thread seems to have been thoroughly off-topic for about 5 pages.
Edited by Elethia on 6/4/2013 3:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

i ask advice on myself not the raid comp and other people said they have 3 healed it also

we only raid two nights lol so couldnt have killed him till tommorrow derp :/
Edited by Nillie on 6/4/2013 8:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I really hope you don't :/ Congrats on being an !@#$%^. If they want to 3 heal it they can, we 3 healed our first kill just fine :p

Good luck tomorrow Nillie :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I really hope you don't :/ Congrats on being an !@#$%^. If they want to 3 heal it they can, we 3 healed our first kill just fine :p

Good luck tomorrow Nillie :)

thank you and were going try to 3 heal it but if goes bad im going convince my RL and officers to 2heal since im a nub and didnt use mashrooms before lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Mushrooms are amazing for that fight as people have said :) I raid on my priest but with a druid and he uses them every rampage (sadly that's the one fight I forgot to log today oops!).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Mushrooms are amazing for that fight as people have said :) I raid on my priest but with a druid and he uses them every rampage (sadly that's the one fight I forgot to log today oops!).

Mushrooms are definitely excellent. Our druid loves them. POW, RIGHT IN THE HEALS!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I tried as hard as possible to just scream "I am trolling now" and some people still didn't get it.

Owells:D

Still, hilarious thread. Epic derail.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
thank you and were going try to 3 heal it but if goes bad im going convince my RL and officers to 2heal since im a nub and didnt use mashrooms before lol

We've always 3 healed it even though we could probably 2 heal it by now. Go with whatever works best.

The WM mechanic does stink, but you should have plenty of time to lay em down at the stack points before each rampage :D I also tend to favor SotF for this fight as I feel it gives extra oomph to my Swiftmend and WG.

Also... this thread? Hilarious.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
The issue with 2 vs. 3 healing for this group isn't about the healers, but about the DPS. With the fight going over 8 minutes, it is clearly a DPS issue, and no amount of improvement in the healing will help substantially. They will be overwhelmed with Cinders and Acid Bombs on the last head as it drags on for too long.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I think your guild should look for a new Rshaman.

http://i.imgur.com/uBwjr6v.jpg

HAHAHAHA. HA. 10/10 thread. You guys are delightful.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
The issue with 2 vs. 3 healing for this group isn't about the healers, but about the DPS. With the fight going over 8 minutes, it is clearly a DPS issue, and no amount of improvement in the healing will help substantially. They will be overwhelmed with Cinders and Acid Bombs on the last head as it drags on for too long.

While this is true, you actually do have to be able to sustain a certain amount of healing during rampages. Which means it does depend on your healers if you can 2heal or 3heal. But so many other classes that aren't healers have a lot of CDs they bring to the table that you can use in order to survive.
Reply Quote
While this is true, you actually do have to be able to sustain a certain amount of healing during rampages. Which means it does depend on your healers if you can 2heal or 3heal. But so many other classes that aren't healers have a lot of CDs they bring to the table that you can use in order to survive.

This.

We make use of everything we can (probably more than is needed to be honest.. but if you got it, use it). HTT or AG, and VE. Even the DK tries with putting up AMZ though it only lasts for a split second... I think he felt left out. :P

On topic, our team is having no problems with rampages but things seem to fall apart between the rampages later on. Which kill order do people think is best (we're trying grgrbrg)...

When we were 3 healing we did the order you are doing now. Blue annoys me because it kept focusing me over and over and over. It was, for us, necessary though because stacks were getting too high on our monk tank and he was splatting.

Honestly though, I would consider dropping to 2 healers and just doing G/R. IMHO, the last 2 weeks we have 2 healed it's been much easier than it was to 3 heal.

edit: If you are already two healing, I would take blue out of the mix, it's a completely unnecessary annoyance.

edit: To clarify the "easier" bit. Rampages were never the issue (as they don't seem to be the issue for you either) they were always incredibly easy to heal through. We ran into problems with acid rain/cinders in between rampages. Dropping a healer made for significantly less poop to kill us.
Edited by Morenn on 6/5/2013 9:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]