Is resilience worth it?

100 Pandaren Priest
At first I was encouraged by the baseline resilience change, but am starting to really hate PVP again now that I've faced some skilled and geared attackers and gotten completely destroyed. Dying inside a Kidney Shot sucks, so I've always preferred to stack resilience, but is that useful anymore?

Even with resilience in every socket it seems like there isn't much room to increase it significantly over the 65%+setbonus. Right now I don't have a complete set of anything except my PVE 496, so don't have solid numbers to compare. I'm ok with sacrificing some throughput, anyone that does a ton of damage is usually smart enough to attack an obvious healer, survival is a priority.

I'm almost tempted to use an item restore to get back all my crappy 458s, since they include resilience (but the crafted version does NOT). Anyone know if that's a huge drop in throughput? Or how good the resilience bonus would be if I can scrounge up boots/belt/bracer/ring that also had resil?
Edited by Breathkeeper on 6/3/2013 9:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
With stacking Reslliance even after the change you can still overall get another 6%-9% more damage reduction. I am not quite sure but I read it from Wutzgana or w.e his name is and I consider him very reliable. He is in the arena forums often and I assume you could find him there at some point of the day!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
PvP power and Resil are not even worth stacking right now. You'll want to stack more useful stats unless they sort out with how derpy Power is right now and just hope for someone on your team provides peels.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
PvP power and Resil are not even worth stacking right now. You'll want to stack more useful stats unless they sort out with how derpy Power is right now and just hope for someone on your team provides peels.
Numbers plz. I see this knee-jerk reaction too much lately, with nothing to back it up except "PVE gear dude outdpsed me!"

PVP power scales with other stats. I'm sure PVE gear is better on a fresh 90, but there has to be a breakpoint where a % increase becomes better than a flat increase.

Regardless, I'm talking about resilience and survival. And I can tell when I'm getting punched by someone with full S13 gear, it *hurts*.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
06/03/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Breathkeeper
Numbers plz. I see this knee-jerk reaction too much lately, with nothing to back it up except "PVE gear dude outdpsed me!"

PVP power scales with other stats. I'm sure PVE gear is better on a fresh 90, but there has to be a breakpoint where a % increase becomes better than a flat increase.

Regardless, I'm talking about resilience and survival. And I can tell when I'm getting punched by someone with full S13 gear, it *hurts*.

HoF and above gear is better than the Malev in instance PvP, and Tyrann is better than ToT LFR because the gear scaling the ToT gear down. If want to stack resil then go for it but with the whole 400 power or resil to make up 1% is wasted gem sockets especially with the gem nerfs to Power and Resil. Plus you have to factor in the 45% heal reduction with Battle Fatigue and if someone else is stacking their own healing debuffs. A majority of people have completely thrown Resil out the window and are either stacking Power or stats useful to their class. I honestly wouldn't advise resil unless they buffed gems or revert the amount needed for %. I used to stack Resil before patch hit and I was gonna roll with it in 5.3 but doing a test with main stat gems, PvP Power gems, and full Resil gems....
When I tested, my full resil set(+7%Resil) I hardly saw much of a damage reduction as opposed to the baseline 65% resil. I'm not satisfied with PvP changes and I hate knowing that resil hardly means anything anymore but I'm just giving my own input. You ask and I gave my own answer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I am not finding it worth it. I have mostly resil gems now and haven't noticed a difference at all when being attacked, I plan to swap back to throughput (pure int or hybrid gems) instead which is what I'm noticing top pvpers doing as well.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Yeah, I am also planning on changing my gemming and stats once I get a few more pieces of Tyr and can see what I am dealing with.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
I am not finding it worth it. I have mostly resil gems now and haven't noticed a difference at all when being attacked, I plan to swap back to throughput (pure int or hybrid gems) instead which is what I'm noticing top pvpers doing as well.

The best players in the game play with the best peelers in the game.

What the top players do is not always what you should do.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I never said it was :P
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
You ask and I gave my own answer.
Yep, that's what I was looking for, thanks.

Poking around in BGs a little more I'm starting to think even 7% resilience is worth it. It sounds insignificant, and probably is, but I get focused so hard that every second of survival counts. As far as PVP/PVE, I'm thinking the PVE pieces win simply because they have more stamina (compared to 476s), which is kind of a pathetic way to gauge PVP desirability.

Or the other option is to quit healing in PVP, I'm not thrilled about the endless silence/interrupt chains either.
Edited by Breathkeeper on 6/4/2013 5:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Human Paladin
This is the post that Wutangrza referred to regarding resilience :

"Is Resilience Worth It"

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/238520-resilience-formula-in-53/

PS> I tried resilience gems but felt I needed to go back to intellect/crit.

I kept the new Meta PvP gem and +200 Resilience enchant.

For the first time since 5.3, I feel like I'm in a decent place to try RBGs again. I felt as though I had more survivability and was happy with healing output.

PSS> Fix your belt :P
Edited by Boudecca on 6/4/2013 5:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Heh, Booty Bay questing = swimmy belt. I equip sets automatically when buffing, so no worries.

That's an interesting read, resilience keeps getting changed around so much I had no idea what the scaling looks like. Still disappointing on how little difference it makes compared to how dps is increasing, at least there's no need to fret about the pvp meta being way, way out of reach.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
06/03/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Breathkeeper

res isnt worth stacking now. before 5.3 i was gemmed all res. tested it for the first three days after 5.3 came out before going for int and int+x. i found the better thru put helped me live longer. just try it and make your own decision, but i doubt you will go back to res gems

your gear is better than anything but 496 tyrannical gear. dont even bother with mal or crafted lol. but tyr will give an edge with it pvp power in instanced pvp.

and even then a good and geared rogue can kill you in a cc chain :(. thats just pvp
Edited by Myrddin on 6/4/2013 6:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]