5.3 Absorbadin PvP is O P. Take a look!

90 Human Paladin
So if you Armory me you can easily see how broken PvE Trinkets/Items being used in PvP right now really is. However, since were getting away with it, we may as well use it to our advantage seeing the only real recent buff HPal's recieved was the Devotion Aura buff. Breaking Silences and keeping us immune to them for 6 secs as well as our teamates (does not break a interrupt if you were already kicked or countered mid cast).

I'd go into an in depth guide about how to spec/gear/gem/reforge etc. If I felt that it would be viable for a decent amount of time. Seeing Blizz changes things on a moments notice sometimes and since a lot of that has been happening lately I ask that you just armory me and copy my setup if you want to give this a try!

The only insight that may not be obvious when looking at my armory is that you don't need that extra 1% PvP Power that most Paladins have in PvP right now because your SP from both PvE Trinkets mixed with Mastery Absorb and using Sacred Shield along side that makes up for the 1% out right healing. No, I can't show the math but it's too obvious in game play.
Edited by Landem on 5/30/2013 3:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Oh and I forgot to mention. I NEVER RUN OUT OF MANA!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
484 pve trinkets being better than 496 pvp trinkets just shows that it's not the pve trinkets being broken.. it's that the pvp trinkets suck. Even before 5.3 with 491 and 496 pvp trinkets having both pvp power and resil.. there were better lower level pve trinkets.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
91648220618:
484 pve trinkets being better than 496 pvp trinkets just shows that it's not the pve trinkets being broken.. it's that the pvp trinkets suck. Even before 5.3 with 491 and 496 pvp trinkets having both pvp power and resil.. there were better lower level pve trinkets.

The nerf to pvp power was a little too hard. Plus I saw an ele shaman just torch a disc priest in no time at all, meaning that resil is pretty much pointless. Buff back up pvp power and buff the baseline resil to 80%.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It's not just the power/resil changes that makes the pvp trinkets unappealing though, they're definitely more unappealing.

They need to move a big chunk of pvp power off the weapons and onto trinkets, so that there's less weight on the weapon and pvp trinkets can actually be decent.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
91648220705:
It's not just the power/resil changes that makes the pvp trinkets unappealing though, they're definitely more unappealing.

They need to move a big chunk of pvp power off the weapons and onto trinkets, so that there's less weight on the weapon and pvp trinkets can actually be decent.

That is a pretty sound idea imo.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Or they could just keep the pvp power the same on the weapon and add some more pvp power stats to trinks; or give a 2 piece bonus set for having pvp trinks equipped in both slots.

Baseline resil is fine at 65%. I think that it should actually be 50% and you get an additional 15% for having all item slots filled with pvp gear items. This would eliminate pve gear from rated pvp and would do a lot to straighten out wpvp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]