Dabu Says Goodbye!

90 Goblin Warlock
So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, goodnight! Okay, but in all seriousness...

Much like Gnome's post, Dabu is closing up shop! Its been a long road for us, we've been a guild since 2008. We're going out with six of our founding members (Xxl, Eften, Pain, Faffu, Riyoku & Edynn) and three people (Vini, Brittle, Rhoktar) who have been here with us for at least the last three years. I also want to give a shout to Omegaman and Nnebulosa. All of those I've mentioned are incredibly awesome and have been key players in our success. Guilds require a lot of work and we appreciate the time you all have been here with us.

We were on a bit of a break (since April) after our second heroic ToT kill, a few of us took vacations, and we came back tonight to raid and realized we just didn't have it in us anymore. Most of us are getting older and the time we are able to dedicate to raiding has diminished. So, we made the decision to quit WoW. I think one member of our team will still be raiding, but the rest of us are going on indefinite hiatus. We're all pretty close and our website (dabuguild.com) will always be kept active.

Muradin, you've been a great place to be and an awesome place to retire. It was nice having a more casual, relaxed server to play at our own pace! We will miss all of the people we've met and hope all of you continue to enjoy the game and progress! Its definitely bittersweet, but needed. Cheers and good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Thanks for the warlocky advice you gave me when you first transferred here. Good luck in your future endeavors.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Wow, wasn't expecting that completely. I figured you'd been taking a break as I hadn't seen or heard of any progress lately. Sorry to see y'all go. Thanks for the advice on the encounters you helped with.
Reply Quote
Best of luck on what ever may come next for you all! It was great meeting you all
Reply Quote
15 Blood Elf Hunter
Muradin: Where guilds come to die.

On a serious note, have fun with life guys :)
Edited by Zaestrasza on 5/31/2013 6:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
05/31/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Zaestrasza

*snicker*

Oh hai Zae
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

Trufax!

You guys were told that your guild would die if you came here. You basically committed suicide. Serious guilds are not allowed to exist on this server, maybe next time you will heed peoples warnings.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Good Luck in RL guys ^^*
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Thanks for all of the well wishes! One thing about Muradin, especially the horde, is the amount of extremely nice people on the server.

As for this:
You guys were told that your guild would die if you came here. You basically committed suicide. Serious guilds are not allowed to exist on this server, maybe next time you will heed peoples warnings.

I normally wouldn't respond because I'm ready to move on. But, I think that is an unfair assessment.

I would agree with you if our guild actually died due to an issue with Muradin. When this expansion released, many of us called it our last. We thought we’d put in our best effort, be more casual raiders, and go out with good memories. If we quit because we simply couldn’t get people to Muradin, then Muradin really would have been a factor in our demise. As it stands, I recruited several people to Muradin to raid with us who all made an impact during our progression.

I can’t really blame this realm. When you’ve been raiding for over 5 years, the game starts to lose value for you. The only thing Dabu logged on to do was raid. Thursday night we could have kept going. It was even offered to come back Sunday and raid instead and see if people were more ‘into’ it. The bottom line was that our raiders (myself included) were ready to retire.

We have and always will be a team and we started this game together and are ending it together.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

I normally wouldn't respond because I'm ready to move on. But, I think that is an unfair assessment.

Didn't bother reading past this line. Been on this server for long enough to know better than anything you are about to say. This server is all but dead and has been on the decline since the end of BC.
Reply Quote

Didn't bother reading past this line. Been on this server for long enough to know better than anything you are about to say. This server is all but dead and has been on the decline since the end of BC.

The ignorance of this post is amazing. Writing off someone's explanation because you feel like you deserve (you don't) an "I told ya so" is ridiculous. You're nothing more than some random doomsdayer on the sidewalk. You'd rather hold a sign talking about how the world is ending than actually do anything of purpose. Guess what, there are still guilds downing content and pushing heroics, which is the same as its been doing since WotLK. It is true that the realm is not what it once was, but it certainly isn't dying. There is obviously enough to keep you here isn't there?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Guess what, there are still guilds downing content and pushing heroics, which is the same as its been doing since WotLK. It is true that the realm is not what it once was, but it certainly isn't dying. There is obviously enough to keep you here isn't there?

Correct. It isn't nearly the same as it was even in wrath. Hence why most of us left that had been there since it's inception or near after. It is however dying and has been for many years. If you cannot pick up on the scent of rotting guild corpses, or remember players who quit,moved on, transferred all within a few year span and in mass then im not sure what your looking at.

This far into the current ToT patch http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/muradin

I am pointing out the server as a whole. That isn't dying? So in 2 patches you'll have 1 guild in heroics and 15 with atleast a kill?

k.
Edited by Zestroz on 6/3/2013 7:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
All that link shows is that at one point not too long ago, the realm had three guilds pushing heroic content at the start of the content. Currently there is only one, but Phoenix will join them this week. Since Wrath, there has always been only one or two dominate guilds dropping heroic content with a herd of us competing in normals. There hasn't been a true competition since WWYOG and Free with Mats.

I'm not saying the realm is prosperous, but it is at its status quo, even slightly better than it has been recently. Yes players have left, but others have joined and continue the trend that the realm has been at for years. The people that no longer received what they wanted out of their game play left, but those who are content with a jog as opposed to a sprint are still here and happy. People will trade realms just as they trade guilds, you go to where you are satisfied with your gaming experience. But just because a realm no longer provides something you wanted from 3 expansions ago, doesn't equate death. There are far more realms worse off than we are.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
06/03/2013 01:17 PMPosted by Glasscore
All that link shows is that at one point not too long ago, the realm had three guilds pushing heroic content at the start of the content. Currently there is only one, but Phoenix will join them this week.

I am pointing out the server as a whole. That isn't dying? So in 2 patches you'll have 1 guild in heroics and 15 with at least a kill?

So it started earlier than I predicted previously.

All I am saying is that the server to many is dead. To the thousands who left. It's dead. I am happy there are those making the best of the server and its changes. Good day and Good luck fair maiden.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
A quick glance at Wowprogress and comparing progression throughout the tiers gives a clear indication that all the big players have long since abandoned the server. Very few guilds that ever previously broke top 10 remain.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
A quick glance at Wowprogress and comparing progression throughout the tiers gives a clear indication that all the big players have long since abandoned the server. Very few guilds that ever previously broke top 10 remain.

What Muradin guilds in the past have broke top 10?

(Serious Question, not trolling)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Think he means for our server alone. i mean t14 to t15 like 4 alliance guilds dropped off

not to mention Absinthe which frankly was full of the best players muradin had
Edited by Jahh on 6/4/2013 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
oh, thanks knes. I was gonna say. I knew Muradin was competitive in the past, didn't it was THAT good hehe.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
<gives out hugs to all the Dabu players>

Don't be afraid to drop in now and again to say hi! And good luck in the future, all of you. You might be hordies, but you're good peeps.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
It is true that the realm is not what it once was, but it certainly isn't dying

lolwut? If you can't see how terrible this server has gotten since the end of BC when Grandeur transferred then I seriously don't know what to tell you. Server is dying, has been dying for a long time, and will continue to whither away to nothing. Any guild that wants true progression transfers because there is NO recruitment pool unless you want a guild full of fire humping mouth breathers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]