Final Stage (Manifested Corruption) as prot

100 Human Paladin
Has anyone completed this quest as prot. I have tried to heal the celestial defender I've tried to push as much dps I can still to only get sha to 8 million and run out of anvils. I can't build any vengence to actually get some real dps numbers because the defender is always pulling the agro off me. I've tried to build 5 stacks of bastion to drop a big heal on the defender but by that time the sha either stuns him and all that healing is wasted. I haven't kept up with my healing set so it's like 450 ilvl and I don't have any dps gear. I've tried the trick with speed pots and click all the anvils but that still doesn't work. Left him at about 11 million hp. Did blizzard not expect us to do this in out main spec I dunno I've spent 4hrs doing this to no avail. My prot ilvl is 512 so I would think it's good enough. Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks
Edited by Nerfadin on 5/30/2013 8:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
bliz assumes every tank and healer has a dps offspec and they use it whenever possible, so all non raid/dungeon content is made assuming your in dps spec
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
bliz assumes every tank and healer has a dps offspec and they use it whenever possible, so all non raid/dungeon content is made assuming your in dps spec

It's really easy as a healer, you just keep the celestial guy at full health and he kills the sha for you.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Pretty sure I just did it as ret, so can't help there. As Adelphie mentioned, it's really easy as a healer as I've seen others mention.

For what it's worth, the scenario for the next phase is supposedly designed to be based on your role, so it will be slightly different depending on if you are a tank, healer, or dps and will be balanced accordingly and designed to test your abilities at that role.

This one here, though, just assumes you are either dps or a healer for the most part.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll try it as prot when I get the rest of my secrets and update when I do (3-4 weeks from now, hang tight!)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Pretty sure having a 5stack of BoG won't make a difference. The effect only takes place when you heal yourself.

It was really trivial as dps, as Prot, not sure. There had been some people in previous threads that said they had done it as Prot, and there were plenty of people struggling with it.

Here is a tip though, and I'm sure it will help:

Your gemming is a bit odd, and if you are doing normal 10m/25m content, you are perfectly fine going with a full haste approach, You don't need that much stamina.
Don't gem for Parry or Dodge, ever, it sucks

Use Haste/Expertise, Pure exp, or Haste/Str in reds

Put Pure haste in prismatic and yellow

Get Dancing Steel on weapon, it should push a bit more dps

Get reforge lite and reforge appropriately.

Don't use insight if you can help it.

Use glyph of Focused Shield, Final Wrath, and Execution Sentence.

Doing some of things, if not all of these will make a world of a difference, I assure you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't have a DPS spec (Holy/Prot). I ran it as holy, but wasn't able to keep the stupid mob healed up so I shockadined it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Excellent tips from Carbuncle. Often what we prefer for general purpose tanking builds aren't always completely optimal for maximizing our single target damage for specific things.

Unless you are just really set on doing it as prot, the easy thing though would probably be just to use your prot gear with a 2H as ret. Ret loves haste as much as prot. That's if you don't have a good ret set anyways.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
oh i hated this quest as prot
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm in now 532 gear with a haste build and I can only imagine that with nerfs to both healing and dps, plus nerfs to vengeance (not that you can get any with that useless protector) that this quest has become next to, if not impossible for a Prot Pally to pull off. I now have to go out and build a dps or healing set just to be able to do a single quest to get an item that is going to not be usable in probably 3-6 months so I can get the back piece. Has anyone figured out a decent way to do this as Prot? Especially post 5.4?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
None of the nerfs were so severe that you shouldn't be doing far more damage and healing in 532 gear compared to what people were wearing when this quest was actually problematic. Your one-handed damage is higher than my two-handed damage was back then.

Wear dps trinkets. You should have them anyway because most of the tanking trinkets just aren't that useful.
Edited by Cayse on 9/25/2013 6:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Did it as Prot. You can endure the damage burst longer than other specs, don't hit anvils right away, just cooldown it until you really need to interrupt, then move to the next one.
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm currently having issues with this as prot iL 517. I just get wrecked. Anyways I gave up after about 10+ deaths I will try again has healer with my terrible 490iL and post again.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
03/07/2014 04:39 PMPosted by Nosonia
I'm currently having issues with this as prot iL 517. I just get wrecked. Anyways I gave up after about 10+ deaths I will try again has healer with my terrible 490iL and post again.

When I did it as Prot, I was around that ilvl. Of course, raid gear is better itemized than what you're wearing, and you're wearing the completely wrong gear for a Prot Paladin, which will hurt you a lot. Dodge/Parry is really bad for us, and you're using Protection as a Loot specialization way too much. Your gems are also wrong, you should be gemming for Haste/exp/hit, not Stamina/dodge/parry/mastery like you're doing.

Redoing your Timeless Isle gear using Retribution as a loot spec, running a few more LFRs to get proper Haste/Exp/Hit/Mastery items instead of avoidance, and redoing your entire gemming should help you a lot.

BTW, necros aren't well viewed around here. Oh look, it's me from my Alleria days! /wave Berith. Dunno why that armory is still available after my Transfer off Alleria.
Edited by Berith on 3/7/2014 5:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
I don't care what anybody says. it can't be done by prot pally. Absolutely ridiculous making it that difficult. Cloak not worth that frustration.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
/wave both past Berith's.

It is doable as Prot. Most people just don't follow the advice I gave here : stop using the anvils too fast, cooldown the damage as long as you can and you can stretch out the time on the event that way.

Of course, helps to be properly geared and have a proper rotation too. Maybe a Prot Paladin in crap Dodge/Parry gear can't do it, but that's your fault for not having a clue how the class works.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
BRB in 5 months to post again
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't look so smug. I know what you're thinking, but this thread falling into obscurity was merely a setback. Did you honestly believe I would entrust the future to talentless, non-blood elf paladin mongrels? Oh no no no, they were merely instruments, stepping stones to a much larger plan! It has all led to this, and this time, you will not interfere!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]