can internet reconnecting trigger LUA error??

90 Dwarf Shaman
LAG
interface\GlueXML\optionsPanelTemplates.lua:272: attempt to call method "GetValue" (a nil Value)

i tried deleting my interface folder and it continues to happen to me.
Edited by Soupyshoe on 6/2/2013 8:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
LAG
please help
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Soupyshoe

Lets reset the game to default settings and then test out the game without making any changes to the settings. If you get an error while on the default settings, go ahead and post the newest error log located in your World of Warcraft/Errors folder.

Here's a support article with steps on how to do that:

Resetting the World of Warcraft User Interface

Got some feedback? https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Dankorii
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
LAG
this error does not show up in the folder that you mentioned. i think that folder is for other type of errors that allow you to send reports...this one disconnects me and when i click on system in the login screen the networks and sounds menus texts are erased leaving just random checked boxes

then i would reset interface from there after resetting the way you described in the link, then an in game window pops up with a slightly different error than the first

Interface\GlueXML\OptionsPanelTemplates.lua:258: attempt to call method 'Get Value' (a nil value)
Edited by Soupyshoe on 5/31/2013 3:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Soupyshoe

Go in-game > being up the Interface menu > select "Help" from the left window pane > make sure that the "Display Lua Errors" box is unchecked > hit Okay and test out the game again.

Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
LAG
i managed to see that it IS unchecked before i was DCed again
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
LAG
ive called tech support twice,

delete curse client and all add ons, ran tool repair. restarted my pc made fresh folders. and still get the same results

:(
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Soupyshoe

Go into the World of Warcraft/Data folder and delete the other Cache folder and then test out the game again.

Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
LAG
to update where we are at right now. last trouble shoot is deleting the cache folder in the data folder, UNSUCCESSFUL

1. curse has been delete along with add ons.
2. cache/interface/wtf folders have been delete quite a few times.
3. attempted repair tool.
4. attempted to reinstall wow.
5. Display LUA errors box is unchecked.

NOTE- Interface\GlueXML\OptionsPanelTemplates.lua:258: attempt to call method 'Get Value' (a nil value)

after deleting all my addons, the lua number changed from a 272 to 258. this is the current error message. actually.. the lua numbers are fluctuating between the two numbers for each error

other notes.
drivers are up to date
windows 7 is up to date as well
Edited by Soupyshoe on 6/1/2013 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
LAG
Repatch/Repair
1. Navigate to the C:\ProgramData folder and delete the Battle.Net and Blizzard Entertainment Folders.
2. Inside the world of Warcraft folder, delete the following:
- WTF Folder
- Cache Folder
- Interface Folder
- Updates Folder
- wow.tfil file
- wow.mfil file
- wow.pfil file
3. Open the Data folder. Once there, delete the cache folder. Do not delete the Data folder itself.
4. Run the launcher and wait for the game files themselves to be up to date.
5. Click help and choose to run the repair tool.

i am doing these steps again before i re install wow. this is my last hope. i feel so depressed that i called CS 4 times and theyve pretty much given up on me :(
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
LAG
does anyone else want to take a crack at this,im pretty desperate at this point =/
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
LAG
soo now im noticing that everytime i DC my interent re establishes connection and im starting to think that is the cause of my LUA error.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Soupyshoe

I can't really see anything else that would be causing the LUA error.

Can you post some network information?

* Windows Xp, Vista, or 7 (also include if it's a 32 or 64 bit version)
* Firewall (McAfee, Norton, ZoneAlarm, etc.)
* Network Adapter brand, model, driver date, and driver version number (Steps below)

1. Click Start.
2. Click Control Panel.
3. Double-click on the System icon (in Windows XP, you may need to click Switch to Classic 4. View on the left hand side of the screen).
5. Select the Hardware tab.
6. Click on Device Manager
7. Expand the section labeled Network Adapters.
8. Right-click on your network card and select Properties.
9. Click on the "Driver" tab at the top

* Router brand and model # (this should be printed somewhere on the front or back or bottom)
* Cable or DSL Modem brand and model #(this should be printed somewhere on the front or back or bottom)
* ISP (Internet Provider)
* Is the connection wired or wireless
* Location (City, State)
* Traceroute ( http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/performing-a-traceroute )

Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
LAG
Dankorii

thanks for your effort, but i honestly think the problem lied with my router refreshing connection, because i would always see the LUA error after ive been DCed from wow.

i went into the router settings and changed a few of the channel settings to auto along with the MTU and i havent had one DC all day. thank you for the help
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Soupyshoe

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to see you got it figured out. Please feel free to post again if you have any other questions.

Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I know that it's been a few months, but can you tell me what you did to fix your issue? I'm having the exact same issue right now and I can't figure it out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]