RET in the best place since beginning of MOP

90 Human Paladin
Anyone else agree?

Gone is the 3 minute CD on Avenging Wrath
Buff to attack power (major offensive and defensive buff)
Buff to healing
Ability to cast Devotion Aura to remove silence
Ability to cast Divine Protection while in stun

Small changes that have really put us in a very good spot - to be honest, I actually feel like the class is truely balanced. Then again, I've only been playing since 5.1 - so what do I know.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ret is definitely in a really really good spot. Coming from someone who played from vanilla (and I'm sure others will agree), this is not even just a 360, but a loopdy loop side step shotgun slap apple 720 turn from where it used to stand. I'm looking at you patch 4.0, you dirty bastard.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Well when the Hand of Light bug gets fixed then i will agree :P.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
oh man Blurb, im taunting the mage in my raid so much, im already doing just a bit less dps than him, I love it, once the hotfix goes in gg
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Ah raiding .. i miss it so :x
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
A paladin friend and I went against a Spriest and Fmage in 2s - We went in with insight+battle healer up and blew them out of the water- they had almost a 1700 rating (It's 2s, I know) but with our utility and a buff to our survivability, I'm really loving this patch.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I destroy Mages and Rogues in PVP now.

It feels like Christmas.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
05/31/2013 10:44 AMPosted by Andhar
I destroy Mages
Can't be doing that now don't want to get nerfed by GC.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Pretty sure the hotfix already went live. Someone posted in the bug forums saying the numbers are correct now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Pretty sure the hotfix already went live. Someone posted in the bug forums saying the numbers are correct now.

How much HoL damage we were missing before?

It feels like Christmas.

It's funny how much did the DA and DP buffs helped us.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
HoL was only proccing for roughly 10% less of the printed mastery on your character sheet of what it should have been doing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well when the Hand of Light bug gets fixed then i will agree :P.

Yep, it was fixed yesterday.
05/31/2013 12:32 PMPosted by Rarity

9.1%, so fixing it is a 1-2% gain to overall DPS.
Ret is definitely in a really really good spot. Coming from someone who played from vanilla (and I'm sure others will agree), this is not even just a 360, but a loopdy loop side step shotgun slap apple 720 turn from where it used to stand. I'm looking at you patch 4.0, you dirty bastard.

But that would mean we're still going in the same horrible direction, and dizzy to boot. *confused*
Edited by Ravicana on 5/31/2013 1:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/31/2013 12:32 PMPosted by Rarity

It feels like Christmas.

It's funny how much did the DA and DP buffs helped us.

That and the overall damage nerf all classes suffered helped immensely. The only problem I had with mages before patch was getting 100-0 in one deep freeze, which doesn't happen anymore.

Same with Rogue openers. If you don't kill me in that opener, I'm going to eat you.
Edited by Andhar on 5/31/2013 5:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Top 100 Parses - Showing Last 7 Days

• Fire Mage
  • Affliction Lock
  • Assassination Rogue
  • Shadow Priest
  • Balance Druid
  • Unholy Death Knight
  • Fury Warrior
  • Elemental Shaman
  • Retribution Paladin
  • Survival Hunter
  • Windwalker Monk

We are currently only worth 83.9% of what a fire mage is to a raid, as of the time of this post.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I get what you are saying, and agree with it entirely, but do people understand that doing a 360 puts you back facing the same direction. If someone or something changes from awful to good they are going the opposite way (180).

Sorry, not trying to pick on you at all, I just see and hear this term used wrong more and more.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Top 100 Parses - Showing Last 7 Days

• Fire Mage
  • Affliction Lock
  • Assassination Rogue
  • Shadow Priest
  • Balance Druid
  • Unholy Death Knight
  • Fury Warrior
  • Elemental Shaman
  • Retribution Paladin
  • Survival Hunter
  • Windwalker Monk

We are currently only worth 83.9% of what a fire mage is to a raid, as of the time of this post.

If I'm not the absolute number 1 in DPS all the time no matter what I'm furious.

Just absolutely furious.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Don't want to but in but is Ret damage in general dependant on gear in the same way as other melee classes? New to mine.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't want to but in but is Ret damage in general dependant on gear in the same way as other melee classes? New to mine.

It is moreso than other melee, except maybe warriors. When you're in 430-450's as ret your damage is awful, pretty far behind what a frost DK can do spamming howling blast in a 5 man, which is what a lot of rets see and compare themselves to, and then give up on their ret.

If all you do is mash damage, sure, but judging by your gear you know better. The top 100's really just show which spec has more rejects who have a guild that will let them fail mechanics so they can rank high.
Edited by Cayse on 5/31/2013 6:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

If you think damage is all a Ret is worth then you're a very bad Ret and probably should give up your raid spot to a Mage.

I'm not even going to begin to say what's wrong with where you're drawing your assumptions.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 5/31/2013 6:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]