RET in the best place since beginning of MOP

56 Tauren Paladin
Coming from someone who played from vanilla .

'08 isn't Vanilla, sorry charlie.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
'08 isn't Vanilla, sorry charlie.

Are you taking that date from achievements? 'Cause achieves didn't even exist before '08.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is not the best Ret has been in Mists of Pandaria.

This is the best Ret has been EVER. Solid in Arena and very strong in raids, and it's not like melee being terrible in RBGs is either new or unexpected.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is not the best Ret has been in Mists of Pandaria.

This is the best Ret has been EVER. Solid in Arena and very strong in raids, and it's not like melee being terrible in RBGs is either new or unexpected.

Well in terms of how strong the class is, I dunno about "EVER", we were quite strong back in WOTLK (faceroll, but strong). In terms of all around playability, yes I'd agree Ret has reached the point it wants to be in. I now see much more requests for Rets in trade chat now and it feels good.
Edited by Garotth on 6/5/2013 1:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm currently in awful gear and it feels amazing compared to my fully geared rogue. Specifically from a PvP perspective. Being able to get out of roots every GCD feels the best compared to sitting in one during an entire shadow dance on my rogue. Overall loving ret right now and can't even imagine how great its gonna be with a full set of gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ret was my favorite spec through Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King. BC's ret was fun for PvP since it was nice and bursty. WotLK's ret was fun because you could properly play paladin (utility) and still have respectable DPS during PvE encounters without being bogged down by worrying about holy power and inquisition.

I was very disappointed with the changes that were made pre-Cataclysm. I quit the game for a couple years, and recently returned. I leveled 81-90 as prot, and found it rather enjoyable. I decided to raid as ret, however, in order to gear up as a tank. I've grown accustom to the idea of holy power (though I still don't care for it much.) The spec has improved since I last played, but it still needs some fixes, all of which have to do with inquisition. It's a pain in the !@# to monitor that buff. It would be nice if it lasted longer, or refreshed itself on critical hits. Maybe even add a glyph that makes the ability more manageable.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
06/03/2013 07:07 PMPosted by Enzue
Well when the Hand of Light bug gets fixed then i will agree :P.

Thats pretty much it, oh and change our druid symbiosis.. wrath really guys?

you've clearly never disguised yourself as a boomkin in a BG before
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]