Selling code for Armored Bloodwing for gold?

(Locked)

90 Human Rogue
Say what?

I thought this kind of thing was against TOS? Dude is in trade for all the world to see, advertising a Blizzard Store code he says he bought in exchange for in-game gold.

Buy it? Report him? Forget it and go read A Dance with Dragons?

You decide!
90 Night Elf Rogue
Report it and move on.
90 Troll Warlock
Go read A Dance with Dragons.

Good book. Hope Martin doesn't die before he finishes the series.
90 Night Elf Hunter
I just report it and move on, same thing I do with anyone advertising anything bought with real money for in game gold. I do believe it's considered an unsupported transaction, and if they were to give you a phony code after you give them a really big chunk of gold, well you're s.o.l. Blizz won't try to get your gold back, at least I don't think they would.
12 Blood Elf Warlock
you know and I know that is a scam.

How could anyone fall for that is beyond me.

If the guy has access to his mom's credit card to buy a mount he also then can "go the extra mile" and find one of those gold selling sites to buy his gold.

So anyone dumb enough to fall for this deserve to have their in game gold taken from them because if something sounds too good to be true - it always is.
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I just report it and move on, same thing I do with anyone advertising anything bought with real money for in game gold. I do believe it's considered an unsupported transaction, and if they were to give you a phony code after you give them a really big chunk of gold, well you're s.o.l. Blizz won't try to get your gold back, at least I don't think they would.

the way the guy does it on my realm is if he sells for 20k he does 5k be4 code and then 15k after code. and he sends code via to the e-mail as a gifted mount so he and other person dont get in trouble seeing as your aloud to gift mounts to friends, he then sell a glass of milk vendor for like 2silver i think for 15k. i asked him how he does it, next time hes on ill try to ask again and take screen shot...this is also how people sell Game time cards for gold sell a glass of milk for said amount and there you go....ya it breaks TOU but people been doing it for a few years now and there accounts are still active and being played..I will never sell do to being afraid ill be the 1 person caught lol, but i have bought a time card a few years ago for gold think it was 10k for 2 months. but so far the guy selling the Bat mount i saw 2 people pay the gold and a few mins later i saw them on the mount so so far the person selling it has been giving the codes like he said he would/will
Edited by Sneëzy on 5/31/2013 10:50 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Kinda dumb if its against the TOS, blizz will never admit it or say it, but aside from the customer service have a nice day bs, blizzard is a corporation with one goal... to make money, if someone wants to waste there money to trade something in game to someone who doesn't have the luxury of spending real cash but plays this game enough to "earn" hence earn the gold, all in all blizzard isnt loosing money on this but more or so shifting gold from one player to another. its agreeable that if someones selling gold for money then yeah, cause then blizzard isnt getting a peice of the profit on a copyrighted peice of property, otherwise technically its not infringement to pay them then trade the article just paid for for gold, cause it is not being used for commercial or enterprise use. Then again its not my game not my say. i just play and rage about it like all everyone else
90 Human Warlock
Its a scam, its against the TOS, report it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4079869993?page=3

There is zero 'gray' area here.

It's NOT allowed - period.

Anything claimed out of game cannot have ingame currency applied. You claim this out of game and it binds to an account, therefore ingame currency for it is off limits.

Have a code you can actually turn in - ingame? That's fine. Have an item you can trade to someone - ingame? That's fine. Something that you cannot trade ingame and is claimed through the website, absolutely not.

Folks - these are 99.9999999% of the time scams. Purchased with stolen or fraudulent funds.

What you'll end up with is a whole lotta nuttin. No mount, no gold and potentially - no account.

Don't do it and please report anyone you see advertising. Chances are VERY good it's a stolen account being pressed into service.
Edited by Mirisanelle on 6/6/2013 8:42 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm curious how this is different from people who buy trading card pets and mounts for gold. Or am I uninformed and that is a ToS violation, as well?
90 Troll Rogue
Go read A Dance with Dragons.

Good book. Hope Martin doesn't die before he finishes the series.

I second that motion and also add a hope that none of the actors do something stupid like getting arrested before their characters get eventually killed. Almost every TV show I watch has had this problem...
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If blizzard ban all the players who buy and sell timecards and expansion for gold, the will lose more than 1.6m subs. You can do it, but remember if the seller is a scammer your account can be banned for collateral damage and you will lose the item and the gold.
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm curious how this is different from people who buy trading card pets and mounts for gold. Or am I uninformed and that is a ToS violation, as well?

Those codes are redeemed for unbound in game items. The in game items are what is being sold for gold.
90 Tauren Death Knight
Say what?

I thought this kind of thing was against TOS? Dude is in trade for all the world to see, advertising a Blizzard Store code he says he bought in exchange for in-game gold.

Buy it? Report him? Forget it and go read A Dance with Dragons?

You decide!

with comments like that id say your the type of person that is ruining the game....i used to sell time cards, game keys and everything and a blizzard GM told me that it was fine but if i was ever scammed they wont help, same as the GDKP they are legal but if your ripped off blizzard wont help.

so please keep your comment to yourself if you have no idea what your talking about.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]