Resto Drood needs help

90 Troll Druid
Hello my fellow healers. I have some questions regarding 2v2 and 3v3.
I have some problems keeping my partners topped and surviving myself.
I somewhat know how to play a druid and im aware that im really undergeared for arenas.
I use everything on my heal arsenal but i always end up dying or my partners get more damage than i can heal.

I enter the arena invisible and come out after the enemy team pops every cd. Then i cc the most dangerous enemy and start spamming nourish(or regrouth. The big heals) if my lock partner is getting damaged.. if he gets too damaged i use ironbark ns andd healing touch. Always has rejuv on. Of course i give him 3stacks of lifebloom.

Can you tell me what im doing wrong here??
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Log out as resto :) Unless you don't have reforges :p Gear will also certainly help, even with the base resilience you don't have much health.

Are there any specific comps you're going against that you find you have the hardest time with? If someone is attacking you do you stand there and try to heal through it or do you try to get away?
Edited by Veroicone on 6/2/2013 9:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I run and heal. Since i play with a lock i have the gateway and his circle to teleport, i talented displacer beast as well.

Melees are my weakness. Any caster i can handle. But a warr,dk, enha shaman and rogues kills me without trying
Edited by Barntroz on 6/2/2013 9:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Umm, although a small thing, you make no mention of swiftmend. It's a really awesome spell in PvP as it provides good healing and it's instant.. so no chance of getting interrupted.

I THINK, and I'm not totally sure on this one, but there are not too many chances that you should be able to use HT. HT has too long a cast time for it to not be easily interrupted and it's healing is not that far off of Regrowths. In other words for pvp, it's not such a great idea. Especially if your partners health is plummeting.

I think also the Lifebloom glyph is notable. It gives the person it's cast on the same amount of stacks as the previous person had, presuming that the previous persons lifebloom is still ticking. Just useful for when you or your partner get switched to and so you don't have to reapply 3 stacks and waste 3 GCD's that you could use doing something else.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Specifically for melee, make sure you are using Nature's Grasp and Kitty+Dash or Stampeding Roar to get away from them. Nourish is crap, take it off your bars completely for arenas. Last but not least, are you dropping 'shrooms on the 'lock port? Place them there or somewhere out of the way, then have you and/or your partner stand on them and BOOM!, full health, even if they aren't completely charged.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You should be able to get away from most melee. Druids are slippery things. We can powershift out of most every root and snare.

You might consider trading displacer beast for Wild Charge.

On top of teleporting, don't forget you can place mushrooms around and teleport to them if you pick up Wild Charge instead of Displacer Beast. It's handy for getting up on ramps/edges and away from nasty dps too, leaving them on the bottom level.

Also typhoon is nice to give a daze effect, on cliffs or on the floor. Typhoon someone, then turn around and Wild Charge away, flip on Nature's Grasp if you have to.

A lot of druid survivability is preventing incoming damage on top of healing through it. So use cyclone a lot, root melee/casters and pillar hump/LoS the best you can. Also, if you pick up wild charge, you can leap away from someone when you're in travel form. Nice for DKs who get grabby.

With your disorienting roar, you can get off a cyclone if you need to, or an Entangling Root, Regrowth, what have you. Sometimes you notice people will trinket a cyclone asap if their trinket is ready so be ready to spam a second one if you have to. It's all situational.

Try watching some arenas people are streaming and see what they do, when and why, etc.

Swiftmend is great and Maraform is right, Healing Touch has no place except following a Nature's Swiftness. It just takes too long, too easily interrupted, etc.

Sometimes though, druids need peels. So make sure to call out what's happening to you. I usually call out for a pally bubble or ask for a DK to grip something off me if I've run out of CDs and Im taking too much damage. Hopefully you and your team are communicating all this stuff too. ^^
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Thank you very much for your answers :)

i do use swiftmend whenever i need it..if my team's health is going fast down i use swiftmend and he ns ht combo.. trying to save ToL for any emergency.

shrooms. i always forget about them... will use them today when i get my naga.
the nourish thing i said up there: i know that its crap. but i couldn't remember which were the big healz..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Mushrooms are a very nice heal even if you don't have them fully "powered up", several times last night myself or my team would go from 1% to full with one click.

I always keep lifebloom on my partner for 2s unless I am getting chased and a rejuv on myself and anyone else in case I get chained CC they still have hots to heal them. I personally prefer the regrowth glyph over glyph of lifebloom.

Druids are very mobile healers so you can constantly be running around like a chicken with no head and still keep you and your team alive :P But gear, gems, enchants, and a stat priority will also help.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hello my fellow healers. I have some questions regarding 2v2 and 3v3.
I have some problems keeping my partners topped and surviving myself.
I somewhat know how to play a druid and im aware that im really undergeared for arenas.
I use everything on my heal arsenal but i always end up dying or my partners get more damage than i can heal.

I enter the arena invisible and come out after the enemy team pops every cd. Then i cc the most dangerous enemy and start spamming nourish(or regrouth. The big heals) if my lock partner is getting damaged.. if he gets too damaged i use ironbark ns andd healing touch. Always has rejuv on. Of course i give him 3stacks of lifebloom.

Can you tell me what im doing wrong here??

personally i avoid nourish since the cast time is begging for a interupt. other than that its prolly just your gear. even in when you get rid of the greens and blues and are mav/tyr and have enchanted and gemmed it all you will find have trouble with burst dmg
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Found the problem!!
My reaction times are horrible, and i dont know where to stand to not help the enemy :D

Working on it, need more practice..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
LoS is your bff!

In arenas you can stand behind any of the pillars or anything similar. Pop out, put hots on your teammate, cc if you have to, and then pop back out of sight.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
LoS is your bff!

In arenas you can stand behind any of the pillars or anything similar. Pop out, put hots on your teammate, cc if you have to, and then pop back out of sight.

Thank you very much for your help. i've been doing some arenas today using your tips and we won every one of them. im getting the hang on ccs. when to pop my cds and kitting melees like a pro.. died once because of a confusion with my team and spared a rogue with less than 10% health left and they ganked me like you wouldn't believe. but other than that i've been doing much better. from the 0-10 of yesterday to a 7-1 today

thanks again guys :D
Edited by Barntroz on 6/5/2013 4:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Glad everyone's tips have helped :D!

Druid pvp is a lot of fun :) Our mobility, cc, and the ability to be able to negate a polymorph/hex makes the class a fun one to play :p

I also recommend recording yourself if you're able to record your gameplay. I have found just watching my own footage of certain matches has helped me improve :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
My post maybe a little late... but I can give you some helpful tips for playing resto. The main spells that I cast a lot are revj, swiftmend, and regrowth.
-Revjuvenation: HoT, doesn't stack, but allows you to cast Swiftmend
-Swiftmend: An awesome, instant cast healing spell, it also heals the 3 most injured allies that stand in it.
-Regrowth: I quick powerful healing spell (costs quite a bit of mana)

I use some lifebloom but not much, same with wild growth. Why? Because they don't heal much. I still use those, but not as much as the 3 above. Even when I stack Lifebloom, (can be stacked up to 3 times) it doesn't heal that much, but it's still good to stack lifebloom once you begin an arena. Healing Touch takes a long time to cast, but I still cast it, but not much. Also have ways to escape from my enemys:
-Cyclone: Target gets trapped in a tornado, they immune to attacks though
-Nature's Grasp: Roots the target when they hit you (because of that spell, I don't use they other rooting/snaring one)

There are some helpful talents for resto as well, on my resto, I have Nature's Swiftness and Incarnation (Incarnation is AWESOME!)
-Nature's Swiftness: Makes Healing Touch, rooting spell (forgot what it's called), Regrowth, Nourish, rebirth, and quite a bit of other spells instant, castable in every form, and cost no mana
-Incarnation (tree of life): Makes Regrowth instant, causes Wild Growth to heal 2 other most injured targets, and makes the root spell (forgot what it's called) instant.

Those are all the tips that I know, Good luck with arenas! :)
Edited by Honeydrop on 8/7/2013 4:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Lifebloom doesn't heal for much @_@? 3-20k ticks and a 175k+ bloom sounds pretty good to me, especially if you're cced and it's on your partner. It has certainly saved my pvp partners several times when I was getting chained cced.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]