Statistics

Battle.net Developer
http://us.battle.net/api/wow/character/zangarmarsh/Ulminia?fields=statistics

Not included in the docs yet, I will try to update them later this week.

Right now it was done the easiest way possible so the format is NOT like achievements. It should be a direct match to what you see on someone's public statistic page:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zangarmarsh/Ulminia/statistic

Let me know if there are bugs or anything like that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
You are my hero.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
you rock!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Peratryn, I may love you right now.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
You are awesome, sir!
I want to know how people keep track of all that though.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
YOU ROCK SIR! I was not expecting this to be implemented to quickly but awesome to see it was!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Now to make sense of it all -_-
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
The money field really isn't used right now. It's used to say that the quantity number should be displayed as gold/silver/copper. Right now no public statistics are about money so you don't need to worry about it.

Also note that "highest" statistics do have the string of the highest element listed as an optional field, so that you can duplicate our web statistics page.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Looking quickly at my character's stats...
Quests completed - 7,487 on armory, 6902 in game
Average quests completed per day - 0 on armory, 4.09 in game
Daily quests completed - 4197 on armory, 3612 in game
Average daily quests completed per day - 0 on armory, 2.14 in game

All death stats match on both, but are definitely inaccurate. There is no way that I never died to lava or never died in Twin Peaks.

The two total kills stats are higher on armory than in game. Total HKs doesn't match, that is showing account wide data.

Challenge mode dungeon completed the most - (1), "(1)" is not a dungeon.

Professions at maximum skill shows 4 on armory, 2 in game. Professions also lists account wide data for Highest Alchemy skill, but Alchemy Recipes learned is 0. The character I am looking at doesn't know Alchemy, but an alt does.

Largest heal received has a very large number in game, is 0 on armory. (Not that this section really matters, quests and such throw it off)

I am not sure what the lastUpdated times are, my lastUpdated for Sha of Fear kills (LFR Terrace of Endless Spring) is Tuesday, November 27, 2012 9:31:02 PM.

That is a week or so after it came out, so two runs at most if that is right. I have 8 kills in my stats, so clearly this time doesn't correspond with the last kill or when the stat was last updated. This actually is an issue with progression data as well, as the timestamp there is the same.

Progression data might be wrong as well? As far as I can recall, I have only cleared normal ToES once, yet I have 3 kills of every boss.

In short, it seems account wide data is being used inconsistently, quests don't seem to match and don't seem to be account wide, death statistics are not accurate in game or on the armory (but they match), and lastUpdated times don't make sense.
Edited by Chaud on 6/5/2013 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
This morning some of those numbers should be more accurate. We were using account data for them instead of character data.

The lastUpdated column should be renamed, that name is not 100% accurate to what it is and the logic behind it is actually very weird and probably not useful.

We're taking notes on all of the problems and I'll try to look into some of the harder ones.
Edited by Peratryn on 6/6/2013 6:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Quest numbers look better now, but professions are still doing account wide "Highest X skill:" without matching recipes learned data. Looks like HKs are back to character level data.

Still unclear as to how accurate progression / boss kill statistics are.

Adding up all of the individual BG killing blows gives me a number bigger than "Battleground Killing Blows". Same for "Arena Killing Blows", "Battleground Honorable Kills", and "Arena Honorable Kills". (Arena Honorable Kills is especially fun, I have 9,955 kills listed, but my sum of 2/3/5s kills is 59)

I can't tell what "Pandaria raid bosses defeated" is supposed to be, it doesn't add up to the number of raid boss kills at all, that sums up to 279 instead of the listed 194.

Not directly related to statistics, but I came across an odd profile while testing. Armory page gives the standard "Oops, Character Not Available" message, but the API returns a partial result, with some fields working and some not working.
Edited by Chaud on 6/8/2013 10:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]