Healer sympathy from a DPS

90 Human Death Knight
To all of you healers,

I would love to thank all of you for the thankless\unappreciated job you do. I have recently started healing on my Paladin and let me tell you that I will always be more aware of where my teams healers are. I have been gearing up my healer and trying to learn the ropes and let me tell you, it is alot more difficult than DPSing. It is a thankless job in which you work on keeping someone alive and all they do is keep banging on someone while you have DPS trying to beat your brains out. And heaven forbid you heal them up and they run off while the enemy DPS goes to town beating on you. I have learned that most DPS look at healers as Healbots.

So in my short time as being a healer I have learned to appreciate you all. My hat is off to you all!!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
awww... how cute!! Can we keep him? Pretty please!!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I need to do BG with more people like yourself.

My main is a rogue for BG's pvp and it was not until after I created this resto druid healer that I truly gain an appreciation for what healers have to endure in BG's.

Since then, when I'm on my rogue, I'm ALWAYS more contentious of what's happening with the heals. I will quickly break away (vanish) my current fight and assist the healer ASAP.

Nothing like walking a mile in another's shoes to gain a newfound appreciation of the often thankless but critical role the healers play.
Reply Quote

yes... yes we can, we will name him squishy and he will be our squishy.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Awww, I like you. I'll heal you anytime. <3
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I wouldn't. He creeps me out.
Reply Quote
06/01/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Rasul

He can't help being a corpsey DK... leave him alone ):
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
06/01/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Rasul

but I promise I'll feed him and walk him and clean up after him!!!!! Please?

;)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
god, thank yu for sharing the love, ive been carrying so hard for long enuff. plus raid leading, yea.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Awwwwwwww.
We ♥ you too!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
05/31/2013 01:10 PMPosted by Deathdealer
work on keeping someone alive and all they do is keep banging
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
<3's all around :D!

You never know how bad it is until you fill that role :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Try to play as tank and you will be grateful for your healers even more. I can't recall how many times healers had saved me from death, and potential raid wipe.

/bow
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Healing is even more thankless now, die so much more post patch than I did before...and I mean its gone from 0 to 2 deaths in a random to 4 + deaths.

45% battle fatigue is having its desired effect, its not much fun for healers tho.

How are healers even surviving in rbgs anymore, I haven't done an rbg since the patch.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Being a Ret paladin, I also wanna throw in my thanks to all the healers who put up with us DPS (or tanks). I currently run with a resto druid and sometimes a Disc priest and I'm learning everyday how to help protect them. I hope one day all Dps can learn how to protect their healers, but we can only take this one day at a time. Thank you healers, again, for putting up with us <3
Edited by Caldavin on 6/3/2013 2:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
That's really sweet of ya. Healing can really be thankless. It's common to be used as fodder while the DPS escapes and leaves the horde to chew on you or you're blamed when the flag carrier LoS's you and can't understand why you stubbornly refuse to heal them through solid, thick walls while you're CC'd on the other side.

But the appreciation and wins make all that worth it. ^^
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Well I just wanted to come back and say that I will be shadowing m healer from now on. I don't care if I put out the big numbers or not. That healer will get all of the support/peels I can give him/her.

You never really know how bad or good it is until you try something. And as I try to learn how to heal, I gain more respect for all of you healers that do the job the whole time getting minimal if no thanks whatsoever. If you are ever in my BGs, let me know because I will make sure to give you buff food. My bags are always full of that stuff and I will gladly make sure you are buffed up. THANKS BIG TIME!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I would thank you in return for the lovely thoughts, but ... you're a human.

KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE SINCE I CAN'T DISPEL DISEASES! KILL IT NOW!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Thanks for acknowledging us! I never que without at least one DPS who actually helps me because I know how frustrating healing Randoms can be. It is a thankless job, but can be very rewarding at the same time. I often find that I get more help from other healers than from dps. But us healers need to stick together 'cause half (if not more) of our dps are brain-dead.
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Druid
06/02/2013 11:19 PMPosted by Lieshtmeiser
45% battle fatigue is having its desired effect, its not much fun for healers tho.

I thought that was offset by pvp power giving more to healers than before, so it is only a nerf to undergeared or pve geared healers. But then, I don't pvp much (ie hardly ever).

05/31/2013 01:10 PMPosted by Deathdealer
I would love to thank all of you for the thankless\unappreciated job you do.

Sweet, although a bit self contradictory -- if you thank us it can't really be a thankless job, can it?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]