Ret pally in 2v2, how do you survive?

100 Blood Elf Paladin
New to ret pally normally play holy. Got my gear all set went into 2s with my mage friend and every game I just got tunneled into the dirt. Go in, pop cds, immediately have to bubble, die when bubble ends. Anybody kind enough to give me some tips on staying alive in 2s?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Insight, use offensive cooldowns defensively, kite. Keep the mage dispelled long enough for them to shatter someone.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
-Use Hand of Sacrifice on the mage if he is CC'd to removed the CC so he can help you survive.
-Use your CCs as often as you can.
-Try to hold your bubble unless you really need to use it, otherwise just use Hand of Freedom and run behind a pillar or something to heal yourself.
-Don't forget that you can use Divine Protection even when stunned.
-Selfless healer might help you more than Sacred Shield, even though it doesn't do more healing on you, it makes your flash of light instant, which is great.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
New to ret pally normally play holy. Got my gear all set went into 2s with my mage friend and every game I just got tunneled into the dirt. Go in, pop cds, immediately have to bubble, die when bubble ends. Anybody kind enough to give me some tips on staying alive in 2s?

Well, I just hug pillars most of the time.

Btw Eternal Flame will give you better personal survivability than Sacred Shield, and Selfless Healer will give you better offheals.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I tend to burst the enemy down before they can do likewise to me. In the cases where I can't finish the fight in the first twenty seconds, it's kite-heal-kite-heal-kite-heal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Get vent. It works miracles, just call out when your CCed or when u plan on ccing have your mage sheep a ton when u have high pressure, try out using seal of insight every now and then when low it heals and gives you mana for FoL not to mention it buffs healing. Don't be afraid to play defensive for a while tell your partner your going to pillar hump have him set down novas and rings to give u space .if u are really having a survival issue dont use bubble to break CCs only use it as a last case "I need to live through this button " and use hand of sacrifice often thedmg transfer will pop u out of fears sheeps hexs and some other CCs I wouldn't recommend anything but selfless healer, also try hand of purity instead of clemency for certain classes it provides 10%dmg reduction and it makes dots hit like wet noodles plus with its 6 runtime and 6 second CD u can keep it up 100% of the time if u have to, makes spriest locks firemages ferals boomkins and unholy dks do alot less dmg on you you would be surprised how effect it actually is...well hope this helps happy arenas!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]