PvP Trinket question.

90 Tauren Paladin
I notice a lot of Rets using Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault as one of their trinkets. I've been thinking about getting it now since PvP Power has been nerfed.

Now in instanced PvP I know it goes down to 496. What does the chance on hit stats go down to from 8800 in instanced PvP? And does it include the upgrade as well? I'm not much of a PvE'r and when I do I mainly tank.

Also should I use it to replace my Lei Shen's Final Orders? (Raid Finder version, but upgraded 2/2)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The shado pan trinket isn't that good any more. As a non-human, I would recommend you use the PvP trinket and the PvP proc trinket.

The only PvE trinkets that are just out and out better than the PvP proc trinket are the Relic of Xuen, Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun, and arguably the Spark of Zandalar.

Shado pan trinket gives half of what it lists at ilvl 496 for 30 seconds (double duration, half the stat). So it's a lot less than 4400 str for 30 seconds, I think it's something like 3800 str for 30 seconds.

The ICD on it is also pretty long.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Relic of Chi-Ji 2/2 is better than Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault for PvP if you are NoN-Human and looking to get some extra SP, Crit, and Mana Regen. It's pretty sweet.

If you are Human use both and take a look at my Absorbadin 5.3 Thread!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9165786787?page=1#2
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
91643420798:
Relic of Chi-Ji 2/2 is better than Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault for PvP if you are NoN-Human and looking to get some extra SP, Crit, and Mana Regen. It's pretty sweet.

If you are Human use both and take a look at my Absorbadin 5.3 Thread!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9165786787?page=1#2

I should have titled my thread a bit better, but I'm speaking on behalf of Ret PvPers.

However if I decide to ever go Holy, I'll definitely consider it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The only PvE trinkets that are just out and out better than the PvP proc trinket are the Relic of Xuen, Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun, and arguably the Spark of Zandalar.

Is Xuen really better? It has like 800 less str on proc and has a lower duration. I'm down with static strength, but is 1029 str that much better than 1515 PvP Power? It's got to be close. It looks like both have 45sec ICD too, so, I dunno, I'm skeptical.

Spark has a pretty long ramp up time to me. I use it in PVE, and it's good, but I'm kind of on the fence about this one too...seems by the time you actually build it up you could have gotten more mileage out of the PVP trinket, especially in shorter bustier encounters.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hopefully this thread isn't too old, but I thought I would put my two cents in. From my own experience, I find the PvP proc trinket to be better than the relic due to the longer proc duration of more strength.

I didn't do enough iterations for anything scientific, but a few tests on the training dummy (modifying numbers after the fact with %PvP power) showed better results with the pvp trinket as well by about 5-10%. If the relic was 496 ilvl then I would probably use it.

If someone sees different results, please share them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Vanguards/advanced
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The shado pan trinket isn't that good any more. As a non-human, I would recommend you use the PvP trinket and the PvP proc trinket.

Shado pan trinket gives half of what it lists at ilvl 496 for 30 seconds (double duration, half the stat). So it's a lot less than 4400 str for 30 seconds, I think it's something like 3800 str for 30 seconds.

Tried spark, it's garbage. Only good for 2s as a death knight. It takes about 2-3 minutes to get your first proc which is way too long the way ret paladin 3s comps play out.

Xuen outdoes the pvp proc trinket because the flat strength and increased strength proc scale with your plate spec, kings/mark and guardian.
Edited by Martymcfly on 6/20/2013 5:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Vanguards/advanced

baaaa
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Tried spark, it's garbage. Only good for 2s as a death knight. It takes about 2-3 minutes to get your first proc which is way too long the way ret paladin 3s comps play out.

Xuen outdoes the pvp proc trinket because the flat strength and increased strength proc scale with your plate spec, kings/mark and guardian.

Yeah, I was thinking that too, but it just didn't show in my results. I honestly don't think there is enough of a difference between the relic and pvp trinket. I am just sticking with pvp trinket for now I guess.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]