5.3 Helping pet battlers create solid teams

90 Pandaren Monk
Hey Anni, found this post today, and loving every post so far, I was wondering if you could conjure up a good team using the infested bear cub, i think it's an awesome pet, and obviously it's supposed to be used as a H/H tank, but I can't seem to come up with a decent team for him
Edited by Weighxiao on 7/8/2013 10:54 AM PDT
100 Night Elf Druid
Have you created any teams that utilize the tiny sporebat? He is a very unique pet in terms of his combo of abilities and type. He has a few different builds he can run, as well. I've considered trying him with something that can amplify his leech seed healing/damage when running slicing winds, but he also has a potentially devastating undead attack to surprise opponents with.

My initial thoughts revolved around a call lightning team with Slicing Winds/Seed or Fungus/Confusing Sting, but I can see many of his combinations working with DoT amplification abilities.
90 Human Paladin
Hey Anni, found this post today, and loving every post so far, I was wondering if you could conjure up a good team using the infested bear cub, i think it's an awesome pet, and obviously it's supposed to be used as a H/H tank, but I can't seem to come up with a decent team for him

Ya I have one. I just need to make a few changes to it.

Have you created any teams that utilize the tiny sporebat? He is a very unique pet in terms of his combo of abilities and type. He has a few different builds he can run, as well. I've considered trying him with something that can amplify his leech seed healing/damage when running slicing winds, but he also has a potentially devastating undead attack to surprise opponents with.

My initial thoughts revolved around a call lightning team with Slicing Winds/Seed or Fungus/Confusing Sting, but I can see many of his combinations working with DoT amplification abilities.

I have played with him a bit but found him to be really underwhelming. Really shines when you face Direhorns but otherwise he isn't super but I will try again.

P.S. Almost done with tweeking my XT team but I just can't use repair (well I actually am working two variations of the team one with Heartbroken/Tantrum and the other with Repair/EX 321) . It's kinda my day off so I might not get back to my computer till 2morrow.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/08/2013 10:20 AMPosted by Annimositty
Oi -.-

I don't know what you mean by this. am i upsetting you? (in which case i apologize. :S) or are you just saying "whoops"?

I'm messing around with my teams a little to much. I'm changing favorites to quickly so i'll stop asking for strats till i find 1 or 2 pets I'm 100% dedicated to. XD
90 Human Paladin
I don't know what you mean by this. am i upsetting you? (in which case i apologize. :S) or are you just saying "whoops"?

I'm messing around with my teams a little to much. I'm changing favorites to quickly so i'll stop asking for strats till i find 1 or 2 pets I'm 100% dedicated to. XD

Na I'm more upset that I spent that time on a team I didn't want to do. Outside of PvE I loath Emerald Proto Whelp. I love Emerald Whelpling cuz he has the unique ability to heal his team (unique in his family anyway and like u said super anti-flyer)

I'm pretty sure I made a decent team with whelp once. I will revisit him later.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Is the baneling at all useful in pet battles?
100 Pandaren Shaman
Thanks Ann, I'm going to give your T5 team a try with my Lil'XT. By any chance have you ever made a good team with the Darkmoon Rabbit?
100 Night Elf Druid
07/08/2013 11:05 AMPosted by Annimositty

Ya I have one. I just need to make a few changes to it.

I have played with him a bit but found him to be really underwhelming. Really shines when you face Direhorns but otherwise he isn't super but I will try again.

P.S. Almost done with tweeking my XT team but I just can't use repair (well I actually am working two variations of the team one with Heartbroken/Tantrum and the other with Repair/EX 321) . It's kinda my day off so I might not get back to my computer till 2morrow.

Yeah. Well, I thought about having a team built like this around the sporebat:

1. Thundering Serpent Hatchling - Tail Sweep, Call Lightning, Cyclone
2. Cogblade Raptor(S/S) - Batter, Screech, Expose Wounds
3. Tiny Sporebat(H/H) - Shadow Slash, Leech Seed, Confusing Sting

I just don't think it will be more effective than the group with Fel Flame. Although, admittedly, Leech Seed in combination with increased damage taken is really nice. Problem, as always, is Sandstorm/shield teams. Expose wounds can mitigate that problem, though.

I could also see it working decently on a moonlight team with a nether faerie dragon using creeping fungus, but wouldn't be more effective than the Infected Squirrel.

Perhaps, though, with a val'kyr to take out the potential sandstormers, you could go something like this:

1. Unborn Val'kyr - Shock/Slash, Curse of Doom, Unholy Ascension
2. Nether Faerie Dragon(S/S) - Slicing Wind, Evanescence, Moonfire
3. Tiny Sporebat(H/H) - Slash/Slice , Creeping Fungus, Spore Shrooms

I would have to test these, though.
100 Night Elf Druid
So, I was wondering what kind of moonlight team you like to run...

My main two components always seem to be:

1. Nether Faerie Dragon(S/S)-Slicing Wind, Evanescence, Moonfire
2. Infected Squirrel(H/P)-Creeping Fungus, Rabid Strike, Consume

My problem is I don't know what to pair it with. At first, I considered Crystal Spider. With a stun and a root, you can get your faerie dragon back in relatively usncathed. The problem becomes an emperor crab behind a shell is impossible(basically) to kill for this team overall.

Next, I considered a Fawn. With bleat and tranq(to pass)I figured it could keep the faerie dragon in business, but perhaps the same problems with water pets persists.

So I considered an emperor crab with renewing mist and whirlpool as a method of returning the faerie to battle. It could deal solid damage as well as have some root control.

I cycled through some weather providers, pandaren spirits and gahz, but didn't find something that immediately piqued my interest. I thought the potential of a speed guardling with sandstorm or peddlefeet with a stun and a heal, but I just couldn't find something that jumped at me.

So what do you normally run with in your moonlight team?
90 Human Paladin
I am running a moonlight team right now that is almost lvl 25 and have had good luck with a Sporeling Sprout as a 3rd. Moonlight boosts the humanoid heals and the high damage jab takes care of shields.
90 Human Paladin
Ok I'm back, sorry for the wait. Let's see first I will post the XT teams I made. I tweaked the XT team to have a bit more focus and created a Repair/XE-321 counter part. The Numbers before XT's 2nd and 3rd slot abilities are for the team he is in. Fel Flame is in team 1, Shimmer shell Snail/Ji-kun Hatchling are team 2.

Mr.Biggles-Pounce, Ice Barrier, Ice Tomb
Lil' XT- Zap, 1-Heartbroken/ 2-Repair, 1-Tantrum/ 2-XE-321
Fel Flame (H/H breed)- Flame Breath, Scorched Earth, Conflagrate

OR

Shimmershell Snail (H/P breed)-Ooze Touch, Acidic Goo, Dive
Ji-Kun Hatchling- Peck, Acidic Goo, Flock

So I thought if I felt that if I was going to make repair reliable I need either a stun or shield for it to work so naturally I wnet with my old pal Mr. Biggles who has both. Then I realized that with that very same combo I could protect my XT from the backlashes from heartbroken. I just start with Fel Flame to set the weather switch out to my kitty and Ice Tomb-Shield-Swap to XT-Heart Broken-Tantrum. It is pretty devastating. For smarter players you prob will only be able to set weather and drop a shield on Mr.Biggles undead turn THEN use Heartbroken-Tantrum but it's very hard to counter since that shield has two charges. You can also use Heartbroken the turn Ice Tomb lands and since XT is slow ur opponent will attack before you get the debuff meaning he will spend the turn where he can do that 50% extra damage to you stunned.

For the second team you use the shield/stun in the same way but to protect ur repair. However the way you do damage is mostly from ur nukes. Ice Tomb/XE-321/Dive + Acidic Goo. depending on the team you face you can start with an Ice Tomb or Bomb swap to ur Acidic Goo user and debuff them. Your snail is awesome since he acts as beast bait and with Acidic Goo+ bomb they will regret swapping to their beast. He also can use dive on the turn the nuke lands to counter those pets with blocks/reflects. they avoid one Nuke only to get hit by a 900 dive, it's amazing damage if a tad risky. I kinda prefer Ji-kun Hatchling because he has a double debuff Acidic Goo+Shatter which makes ur nukes so much more powerful and his speed make him hard to countrol but he is hard to get -.-.

Oh ya don't forget that you can use ur dive/shield for awesome defense too. You can protect urself from mines (drop shield and swap asap and the shield will eat the mine damage), Nukes, and curse of doom (make sure u drop it the turn it goes off).
98 Pandaren Monk
Howdy Anni,

I am new to the battle pet scene and I seem to do nothing but lose when I queue up for pvp pet battles. I would like to make a team around my Unborn Valkyr or my Lil'Bad Wolf. Any help you could give would be appreciated. Also, I do not mind hunting down pets you think I might need.

Thanks,
Ran

Battletag Malimo#1320
90 Human Paladin
So, I was wondering what kind of moonlight team you like to run...

My main two components always seem to be:

1. Nether Faerie Dragon(S/S)-Slicing Wind, Evanescence, Moonfire
2. Infected Squirrel(H/P)-Creeping Fungus, Rabid Strike, Consume

My problem is I don't know what to pair it with. At first, I considered Crystal Spider. With a stun and a root, you can get your faerie dragon back in relatively usncathed. The problem becomes an emperor crab behind a shell is impossible(basically) to kill for this team overall.

Next, I considered a Fawn. With bleat and tranq(to pass)I figured it could keep the faerie dragon in business, but perhaps the same problems with water pets persists.

So I considered an emperor crab with renewing mist and whirlpool as a method of returning the faerie to battle. It could deal solid damage as well as have some root control.

I cycled through some weather providers, pandaren spirits and gahz, but didn't find something that immediately piqued my interest. I thought the potential of a speed guardling with sandstorm or peddlefeet with a stun and a heal, but I just couldn't find something that jumped at me.

So what do you normally run with in your moonlight team?

Well you have the two All Stars of the moonlight team do that's good. I have two pet's I usually run with my Moonlight team. (a friend runs a 3rd that I have yet to try but I trust his judgment)

Sporeling Sprout (P/P)- Charge, Creeping Fungus (if I go with Diseased Bite on my squirrel), Leech Seed, Spore Shrooms

With this build he is pretty tanky, does damage, and can heal in the back row then to the delay on Shrooms

Fawn (S/S breed)- Hoof, Natures Ward, Bleat

With Natures Ward I can chose my type weakness and protect myself from beast/mech attacks and he is a great team healer who can really make ur very fragile Dragon last.

Living Fluid- Ooze touch, Acidic Goo, Evolution

10% buff from weather+25% from acidic touch+25% from Evolution = Dead Pets

While we are on this topic Salinous I found the team I was looking for.

Emerald Whelp- Emerald Bite, Moonfire, Tranquility
Infected Squirrel (H/P breed)-Creeping Fungus, Rabid Bite, Consume
Fawn (S/S breed)- Hoof, Natures Ward, Bleat

Unlike the Faerie Dragon/Squirrel Combo this one is super super tanky. Whoever ur whelp/squirrel still pack a punch (once dragon racial changes comes in he will be a beast). You use you Fawn to keep ur team alive and with Tranquility you can heal ur dragon too. So every single one of ur pets can heal itself with a healer to heal them too. If I hadn't had the No time to Heal achievement I would have gotten it several time over playing this team lol. It counters so many of those overused pets since your fawn can counter any undead, mechs, Elemental attack users while ur Squirrel dominates all those over used humanoids . Then ur dragon comes in and destroys flying pets (crows, moths, ext ext).
90 Human Paladin

Ya I have a pretty good bleed team. I posted it somewhere but I'm to lazy atm to dig it up so here it is again.

Squirrel (S/S breed 341 speed)- Woodchipper, Crouch, Nut Barrage/Stampede
Wolvar Pup-Punch, Snap Trap, Maul
Infested Bear Cub-Diseased Bite, Hibernate, Maul

OR

Any other Bleed User

I think that both Squirrel (or if ur lucky enough a S/S Darkmoon Rabbit)+Wolvar Pup is the best Bleed team due out there. Speed, Defense, Power and an awesome trap. Using that trap you can set up bleed combos easily and hopefully (since its random when it goes off) protect ur bears hibernate so it's important to get it on the field as fast as you can and often as you can. I usually like to run one of the Gators with this team since running with one bleeder can be tough (and you have a strong aquatic attack too) but Diseased Bite helps you deal with Anubish Idol which is a pretty tough counter to ur Squirrel/Gators. You almost don't need that extra damage from the bleed combo to win though. It's just extra sweet when you pull it off.
100 Blood Elf Priest
I love this thread. <3
100 Worgen Rogue
I have a little Zergling but I can't find a good comp for him. Any suggestions?
100 Draenei Mage
Ok, feel like I'm going to rip my hair out. I need an end all beat all hard counter to swap teams, and sandstorm teams. particularly that fiendish imp in the swap teams, and the anubisath idol, and qiraji guardling for the sandstorm teams. This is getting a little ridiculous tbh.
90 Human Paladin

I went ahead and made him a real good team. Pretty frightening actually.

Panda Earth Spirit- Stone Shot, Rock Barrage, Mudslide
Tiny Sporebat- Shadow Slash, Leech Seed, Spore Shrooms
Zand Anklerender (S/S breed)- Hunting Party, Primal Cry, Black Claw

So you can pretty much start with any pet and still be able to pull off some kind of combo. Using Black Claw you can massively amplify the damage of Rock Barrage, Leech Seed, Spore Shrooms, and of course Hunting Party. The amazing part is that Spore Shrooms has a delay so you can pull a Shrooms-Leech Seed-Swap to raptor-Black Claw-Hunting Party Combo. Most wont survive past the first hunting party allowing u to hit the next pet with a Hunting Party-Primal Cry before swapping to Sporebat or Spirit. You can also set Mudslide early in the game. It's an amazing way to trap weather users since you can either counter their weather easily with the 3 round CD mudslide or just kill the user when he swaps in to change weather and gets rooted (easy pray for ur Anklerender). Also be aware of how awesome Black Claw+Leech Seed is, the first part has a fixed healing amount however the two ticks after heal your Bat for the damage done so with Black Claw amplifying the tick damage you can heal your Bat for about 600 in one leech seed.
90 Human Paladin
Ok, feel like I'm going to rip my hair out. I need an end all beat all hard counter to swap teams, and sandstorm teams. particularly that fiendish imp in the swap teams, and the anubisath idol, and qiraji guardling for the sandstorm teams. This is getting a little ridiculous tbh.

Pretty much all the teams I posted here are able to handle most the current meta including force swap teams. Take the last team I posted for example. I will usually open with my Anklerender and since he is faster then all the force swap pets I can drop a Primal Cry to slow them down or use Black Claw let him swap me then pretty much one shot him with Rock Barrage or use Shadow Slash to take out half his HP in one shot. If he doesn't swap my raptor I just follow up the Black Claw with a Hunting Party-Primal Cry combo.

I had 0% trouble with swap teams with this team, including Direhorns, Anubs, KLR, triple undead. I lost once when this double Direhorn team got 4 Trihorn Charge crits in a row vs my Sporebat (crazy rng happens -.-) and a couple of times vs someone running a Strider/XT very skillfully.
90 Human Paladin
Is the baneling at all useful in pet battles?

I have a little Zergling but I can't find a good comp for him. Any suggestions?

Sorry guys I did a little theory play with these two somewhere in this thread but I can't honestly say what kind of team they would fit in since they are both really unique. Pretty much Expose Wounds teams is all I could really think about.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]